Mariah Carey is an American singer and songwriter. Referred to as the “Songbird Supreme” by the Guinness World Records, she is noted for her five octave vocal range, vocal power, melismatic style, and signature use of the whistle register. After signing to Columbia Records, she released her debut album, Mariah Carey, which spawned four number-one singles on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart: “Vision of Love”, “Love Takes Time”, “Someday” and “I Don’t Wanna Cry”. She followed this chart success with the number-one single “Emotions”, from her second album of the same name, making her the first and only artist to have their first five singles reach number-one on the Billboard Hot 100.
Mariah Angela Carey
Mimi, Mary Poppins, MC, Mermaid, Mirage, Songbird, The Voice
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Actress
R&B, Pop, Hip-Hop, Soul, Dance
Columbia, Virgin, MonarC, Island, Def Jam, Epic Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
She was born on March 27, 1970 in Long Island, Huntington, New York, United States.
She’s currently 49 years old.
Mariah has African American and Venezuelan (also Afro-Venezuelan) ancestry on her father’s side, while she has white Irish ancestry on her mother’s side.
Anglican / Episcopalian
Mariah went to Harborfields High School in Greenlawn, New York and graduated in 1987. She also attended Florida Atlantic University.
- Father – Alfred Roy
- Mother – Patricia (née Hickey)
- Siblings – Allison Carey (Sister), Morgan Carey (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mariah Carey dated –
- Tommy Mottola (1992-1998) – Thomas Mottola, a music executive and co-owner of Casablanca Records dated Carey in 1992, when they first met in a party. Soon, the couple engaged on December 25, 1992. Their marriage took place on June 5, 199, in a lavish ceremony. Their marriage broke out on May 5, 1998. He is 21 years older than her.
- Eddie Griffin (1996-1997) – American actor and comedian had a brief relationship starting from July 1996, when Mariah had written a song on Griffin titled “Fourth of July” because this is the date when the two met.
- Derek Jeter (1997-1998) – American baseball shortstop, who plays for New York Yankees was romantically linked to Mariah from December 1997 until November 1998.
- Jamie Theakston (1998) – English TV and radio presenter had a fling with Mariah in late 1998.
- Marcus Schenkenberg (1998) – Dual citizenship holder, a Swedish model, Marcus had a brief relationship with singer Mariah in 1998. This happened when they first met at P. Diddy’s birthday bash.
- Luis Miguel (1999-2001) – A Mexican singer, known for his love of privacy, was romantically linked to singer Carey from 1999 to 2001.
- Eric Benét (2001) – American R&B singer worked with Mariah and also dated during the same time in 2001.
- Eminem (2001-2006) – Marshall Bruce, better known as Eminem became an item on July 8, 2001. The relationship went till 2006. But, it was an ON again, OFF again kind of relationship. They broke in between, multiple times.
- Mark Sudack (2003-2005) – Mark, another singer from America dated for more than a year from 2003 to 2005 with Carey, as she broke out with Eminem at that time.
- Christian Monzon (2005-2006) – American successful model, Christian Monzon dated for less than a year from 2005 to 2006. They filmed some steamy hot scenes for Carey’s single “Don’t Forget About Us”.
- Nick Cannon (2008-2015) – American actor, and rapper, Cannon is married to Mariah Carey. They commenced dating in February 2008, engaged on April 22, 2008, and soon married on April 30 in the same year. The couple has two children, twins (born on April 30, 2011), named Monroe (daughter) and Moroccan Scott Cannon (son). The couple separated in August 2014. Nick filed for divorce in December 2014, which was finalized in April 2015.
- James Packer (2015-2016) – In June 2015, she started dating Australian billionaire, James Packer. They were spotted together in Capri, Italy on June 19, 2015, vacationing. Her engagement to James was announced on January 21, 2016. But, they called off the engagement in October 2016.
- Bryan Tanaka (2016-Present) – In November 2016, she started dating choreographer Bryan Tanaka.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 71 kg
- In Pounds – 156 lbs
- Measurements – 38-27-35
- Bust – 38 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34H
Her dress size is 8 (US).
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
In June 1990, she produced her first album titled Mariah Carey alongside Columbia Records. The album charted several top music countdowns in the US, sold more than 15 million copies in the world with a status of 9x platinum in the USA.
Carey made her debut in acting with the 1999 romantic comedy film The Bachelor.
She had featured in four episodes of the late night television show, Saturday Night Live from 1990 to 2008.
During her career spanning over 25 years, she singed lucrative endorsement deals with Chanel, Elizabeth Arden, Forever, Lollipop Bling, Luscious Pink, Jenny Craig, Pepsi amongst others.
Mariah Carey Favorites
- Favorite Actor – James Dean
- Favorite Actress – Marilyn Monroe
- Favorite TV series – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Movies – All Comedy and Horror Movies
- Favorite Color – Pink
- Favorite Food – Pizza
- Favorite Perfume – M by Mariah Carey
Mariah Carey Net worth
Mariah has an estimated net worth of $545 million dollars as of 2019. Her world of music is created and designed by all her alone, reserving her a spot in the top wealthiest female singers list. Her journey from a normal adolescent to one of the best selling female artists in the world is prodigious, awe inspiring and her life is being inspired by the rising singers. Speaking about her wealth, she has insured her legs for a whopping $1 billion dollars. Her mountain of fortune comes from singing, international tours, endorsements, investments, and not to mention television and movie appearances.
- The goddess of charismatic Mariah owns several exquisite mansions and estates in the US. She owns an uber-luxurious Triplex apartment located at 90, Franklin Street, New York, U.S. Designed by interior designer Mario Buatta, the home has the Art Deco influence that comes from the architecture of the building erected during that time.
- Mariah owns an ultra-exclusive holiday gateway overlooking the beach with pink sand on the Windermere Island in the Bahamas. The house features fours detached building boasting 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms with all the features required for the songstress to have a perfect holiday.
- The Fleur De Lys, Mariah and her ex-husband Nick Cannon’s regal and titanic estate sits on 5 acre land of Beverly Hills, which is dedicated to luxury and style. The 41,000 square feet mansion features a huge library, 50-seater screening room, a ballroom, a private jogging track, a spa and a pool with pavilion, a championship sized tennis court and a garage space for nine cars. It also includes a 3,000 square foot manager’s house along with staff quarter for 10 people.
- Mariah also owns a sprawling 9/951 square feet mansion that sits on the hills above Bel Air, California. The house features 5 luxury bedrooms and 8 full bathrooms, including seven fireplaces, dining, formal living rooms, family room, library, media room, study and an eat in kitchen.
- Carey boasts large collections of expensive and exotic cars like Rolls Royce Drophead Coupe, Maybach 62S, Porsche Cayenne SUV, Rolls Royce Phantom and Mercedes-Benz SLK.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Mariah Carey
- Instagram – mariahcarey
- Twitter – Mariah Carey
- YouTube Channel – MariahCareyVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mariah Carey
- In high school, Mariah’s nickname was “Mirage” because she often cut class.
- Mariah’s legs are insured for $1 billion.
- Mariah Carey suffered a physical and emotional breakdown in 2001.
- Carey fans are known as her “Lambily.”
- She sang back up on Babyface’s 1997 hit “Every Time I Close My Eyes.”
- Mariah Carey bought Marilyn Monroe’s white baby grand piano for over $600,000.
- Her godmother is R&B icon Patti LaBelle.
- Husband Nick Cannon and Mariah have sex to her music.
- Visit her official website @ mariahcarey.com.