Taylor Kitsch is a Canadian actor and model. He is best known for his work in portraying Tim Riggins in the NBC television series Friday Night Lights. He has also worked in films such as X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Battleship, John Carter, Savages and Lone Survivor. Kitsch also starred in the second season of the HBO series True Detective as Paul Woodrugh appeared in the television film The Normal Heart as Bruce Niles & portrayed David Koresh in the miniseries Waco.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Taylor Kitsch was born on the 8th of April 1981, in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.
He’s currently 39 years old.
He is of German and English descent.
Taylor attended Gleneagle Secondary School in Coquitlam. He has also studied at the University of Lethbridge, where he took a one-year-long nutrition and finance course.
- Father – Drew Kitsch (Construction)
- Mother – Susan Kitsch (Worked at BC Liquor Board)
- Siblings – Brody Kitsch (Older Brother), Daman Kitsch (Older Brother). He also has two younger maternal half-sisters.
- Relatives – Ken Green (Maternal Grandfather), Marjorie Green (Maternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Taylor Kitsch has dated –
- Jessica White (2006-2007) – Taylor started dating model Jessica White in 2006. They had reportedly hooked up after starring in a steamy calendar photoshoot but the duo broke up by the start of 2007.
- Jennifer Welch (2014-2015) – Taylor made his relationship with fitness instructor Jennifer Welch public in November 2014 at the 6th Annual African Children’s Choir Changemakers Gala. However, they had been going out for months as they were also pictured together during an ice hockey game in April. Their relationship fizzled out by the start of 2015.
- In feet – 5 feet 11¼ inches
- In centimeters – 181 cm
- In meters – 1.81 m
- In Kilograms – 81 kg
- In Pounds – 179 lbs
- Measurements – 45–16–33
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Taylor became known for his work in portraying Tim Riggins in the NBC television series Friday Night Lights (2006–2011). He has also worked in films such as X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009), Battleship (2012), John Carter (2012), Savages (2012) and Lone Survivor (2013).
In 2006, Taylor made his first film appearance in the romantic comedy movie, John Tucker Must Die with actors Brittany Snow, Ashanti and Sophia Bush.
In 2006, Kitsch made a guest appearance on an episode of the Canadian comedy TV series, Godiva’s in which he played the role of Colm.
Taylore starred in print campaigns for clothing giants Diesel and Abercrombie & Fitch. He has also appeared in the TV commercials for Official Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare & Subway.
Taylor Kitsch Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp, Sean Penn
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Movies – State of Grace (1990), Dead Man Walking (1995), Hurlyburly (1998)
- Favorite Book – The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Taylor Kitsch Net worth
Taylor Kitsch has an estimated net worth of $12 million dollars as of 2020. He purchased 3.64 acres of land on Lake Austin, Texas in 2012 and began building a lavish house there in 2015. Kitsch currently resides in Austin.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – taylorkitsch
Some Lesser Known Facts About Taylor Kitsch
- Kitsch started playing ice hockey at age three and played junior ice hockey for the Langley Hornets in the British Columbia Hockey League, before a knee injury.
- At age 25, he earned a coveted spot on Men’s Health magazine, becoming the youngest ever male model to appear on the cover.
- In 2006, Kitsch was cast in his breakout role on the NBC sports teen drama television series Friday Night Lights.
- In August 2006, he appeared on the cover of Dish Entertainment Magazine.
- In February 2008, Taylor signed on to play Gambit in the X-Men franchise spinoff X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
- In 2009, the famous Rolling Stones magazine included him in the Hot 100 List.
- In 2010, Kitsch starred in Steven Silver’s The Bang Bang Club an historical drama set in South Africa which documents the final bloody days of the apartheid.
- In 2011, Taylor was included in Variety Magazine’s 10 Actors to Watch.
- In May 2012, Kitsch starred in Peter Berg’s Battleship, based on Hasbro’s toy game, as Lieutenant Alex Hopper.
- In 2013, Kitsch starred in The Grand Seduction, remake of Jean-François Pouliot’s French-Canadian La Grande Séduction (2003) directed by Don McKellar.
- In 2017, Kitsch starred in American Assassin where he plays the main villain and Only the Brave.
- In 2018, Taylor Kitsch portrayed cult leader David Koresh in the 6-part miniseries, Waco which aired on Paramount Channel.
- In 2019 Kitsch starred in 21 Bridges with Chadwick Bozeman and Sienna Miller.