Pusarla Venkata Sindhu is an Indian professional badminton player. She became the first Indian woman to win an Olympic silver medal and one of the two Indian badminton players to ever win an Olympic medal, other being Saina Nehwal. Sindhu won silver in Women’s singles at Commonwealth Games 2018.
Pusarla Venkata Sindhu
Professional Badminton Player
Birthday / Date of Birth
P. V. Sindhu was born on 5th of July 1995, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India.
She’s currently 24 years old.
Sindhu is currently pursuing her MBA at St. Ann’s College for Women in Mehdipatnam, India.
- Father – P. V. Ramana (Former professional volleyball player)
- Mother – P. Vijaya
- Siblings – Divya (Older Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
P. V. Sindhu has dated –
Unfortunately, we do not know much about her relationship status due to her low personal profile.
- In feet – 5 feet 11 inches
- In centimeters – 179 cm
- In meters – 1.79 m
- In Kilograms – 65 kg
- In Pounds – 143 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Sindhu made her International Debut in 2009 at the Sub-Junior Asian Badminton Championships in Colombo earning a bronze medal. With that win, she came onto the scene making her presence felt to the larger population of India. At the very young age, Sindhu pulled off massive upset bagging medals at World Championships, and obviously, her winning list is quite lengthy. As of September 2017, she played 326 matches representing India in singles of which she won 227 matches and in doubles, she won 9 out of 17 matched played.
Film & Television Debut
The ace shuttler P V Sindhu is yet to appear in films and television series.
Being one of the popular and top earning athletes in the country, she has endorsed several brands and appeared in their TV commercials.She was made the first brand ambassador of Bridgestone India.
|Achievements||• Sindhu won a Bronze medal at the 2009 Sub-Junior Asian Badminton Championships held in Colombo.
• The star player bagged Silver in the women’s singles at Iran Fajr International Badminton Challenge in 2010.
• On 7 July 2012, she won the Asia Youth Under-19 Championship.
• Sindhu’s performance at Malaysian open 2013 made her win the maiden Grand Prix Gold title.
• Bagged Bronze medals at consecutive World Championship in 2013 & 2014.
• Won a Gold medal at the 2016 Guwahati South Asian Games (Women’s Team).
• Secured a Silver medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics.
• Won a Silver medal the at 2018 Asian Games in Women’s singles.
|Career Turning Point||Winning a Gold at the 2011 Douglas Commonwealth Youth Games singles event|
P. V. Sindhu Favorites
- Favorite Actress– Kajol, Anushka Sharma
- Favorite Actors – Mahesh Babu, Prabhas, Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, SRK
- Favorite Color – White, Black, Yellow
- Favorite Food – Biryani, Mysore Pak, Chinese, Italian Cuisines
- Favorite Sport – Cricket
- Favorite Film – Baahubali, Dangal
P. V. Sindhu Net worth
Sindhu has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2019. To date, she has won cash prize of Rs 12 crore or $2 million dollars. She lives with her family in a luxury house in Hyderabad and owns a BMW.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About P. V. Sindhu
- Sindhu has been playing Badminton since she was 8.
- Sindhu first learned the basics of the sport with the guidance of Mehboob Ali at the badminton courts of Indian Railway Institute of Signal Engineering and Telecommunications in Secunderabad.
- She then joined Pullela Gopichand’s Gopichand Badminton Academy.
- She currently works as a deputy sports manager with Bharat Petroleum.
- She was made Deputy Collector by the Andhra Pradesh Government. The same year, she was named NDTV Indian of the Year.
- Her silver medal win in the women’s singles event of the 2016 Summer Olympics made her the first Indian shuttler to reach the final of an Olympics badminton event and the youngest Indian to make a podium finish in an individual event at the Olympics.
- Sindhu’s Parents are former Volleyball players.
- In the year 2000, her father P. V. Ramana was awarded with the Arjuna Award for his contribution towards national Volleyball.
- Her best performance came in 2012 Li Ning China Masters Super Series competition when she defeated the 2012 London Olympics gold medalist Li Xuerui of China.
- In 2014, P V Sindhu was named FICCI Breakthrough Sportsperson of the Year.
- P. V. Sindhu is the recipient of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2016), Arjuna Award (2013) and Padma Shri Award, the fourth highest civilian honor (2015).