Mahesh Babu is an Indian actor, producer, media personality and philanthropist known for his works in Telugu cinema. He owns the production house G. Mahesh Babu Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. The younger son of veteran Telugu actor Krishna, Mahesh made his cameo as a child artist in Needa, at the age of four and acted in eight other films as a child artist. He made his debut as a lead actor with Rajakumarudu and won the State Nandi Award for Best Male Debut.
Mahesh Babu, Naani, Prince, Navataram Superstar, Universal Star
Actor, Producer, Media Personality, Philanthropist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Mahesh Babu was born on 9 August 1975 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
He’s currently 44 years old.
Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Asian (Indian / Telugu)
Mahesh completed his schooling from Chennai’s St. Bede’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School. He was good in academics and went on to pursue his college degree from Loyola College and finished his bachelors in commerce.
- Father – Krishna (Actor, Producer, Director, Politician)
- Mother – Indira
- Siblings – Ghattamaneni Ramesh Babu (Older Brother) (Actor, Film Producer), Padmavathi (Older Sister), Manjula Swaroop (Older Sister) (Actor, Producer), Ramesh Babu (Younger Brother), Priyadarshani (Younger Sister)
- Relatives – Vijaya Nirmala (Step-Mother), Naresh (Actor) (Step-Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mahesh Babu has dated –
- Namrata Shirodkar (2001-Present) – Mahesh met actress Namrata during the filming of Vamsi in 2000. Namrata is 4 years older than Mahesh. Despite the age difference, the two decided to get married on February 10, 2005. She gave birth to their first child Gautham Krishna in 2006 and daughter Sitara Ghattamaneni in 2012.
- In feet – 6 feet 1 inch
- In centimeters – 185 cm
- In meters – 1.58 m
- In Kilograms – 74 kg
- In Pounds – 163 lbs
- Measurements – 40-14-34
- Chest – 40 in or 101.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Being one of the biggest and highest paid superstars in the Telugu film industry.
As a child artist, Mahesh made his debut with the Telugu film Needa in 1979. Mahesh Babu was first seen as a hero in the 1999 film, Raja Kumarudu, directed by K. Raghavendra Rao and co-starring Priety Zinta. The success of the film earned him the title Prince and also a Nandi Award for Best Male Debut.
Mahesh hasn’t appeared on any television show yet.
He has endorsed several brands and products like Coco-Cola, Thums Up, UniverCell Mobile Store, Navratna Oil, Amrutanjan, Provogue, ITC Vivel, Jos Alukkas, Idea Cellular, Santoor Soap, South India Shopping Mall, Royal Stag, Rainbow Hospitals, TVS Motor Company, Mahindra Tractors, Paragon footwear, and Tata Sky in South India. In 2016, he was made as the brand ambassador of YuppTV and AbhiBus.
The State Human Rights Commission filed a complaint him after he endorsed the Royal Stag’s whisky ad commercial.
After the rumour that he received a remuneration of around 1.2 million for his blockbuster film Dookudu, the Income Tax department raided his residence in Hyderabad.
Mahesh Babu Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Krishna Ghattamaneni
- Favorite Actress – Sridevi, Trisha
- Favorite Director – Mani Ratnam
- Favorite Food – Biryani
Mahesh Babu Net worth
Mahesh Babu’s net worth is estimated at $35 million dollars as of 2020. He charges Rs 25 crore per film as salary. Being a high-profile celerity endorser, he takes Rs 30 million per endorsement deal per year, thus earning around Rs 300 million per years, adding a great value to his net worth. He lives with his family in a luxury house located in Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad. Mahesh is a huge fan of exotic cars who has a large collection of expensive luxury cars including Lamborghini Gallardo Lp-500, Range Rover Vogue, Toyota Land Cruiser, Mercedes Benz E class and Audi A8.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Mahesh Babu
- Instagram – urstrulymahesh
- Twitter – Mahesh Babu
- YouTube Channel – Mahesh Babu
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mahesh Babu
- Mahesh Babu is often called as The Prince of Tollywood.
- He started acting as an child artist at the age of 4 in his father’s film Needa.
- His wife Namrata Shirodkar is 2½ years older than him.
- He did his debut lead role movie Raja Kumarudu opposite Bollywood actress Preity Zinta.
- He owns a film production company called G. Mahesh Babu Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
- Over the years, he has mastered Telugu and also knows Tamil and English.
- In 2013, Mahesh ranked #1 on the Times’ 50 Most Desirable Men in India, outscoring the likes of Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan and Shahrukh Khan.
- In 2015, he placed 36th on the Forbes India ‘Celebrity 100’ List, the highest ranked “Tollywood” celebrity, with an income of Rs. 51 crore.
- The budding actor is very simple and humble, despite the fame he had earned through the years, and was criticised for his limited and predictable wardrobe while attending any kind of event.
- He is good friend with actor Karthi as they know each other since childhood.
- He is the only South Indian actor who has worked in seven Telugu films which collected more than one million dollars at the United States box office
- Mahesh has won eight Nandi Awards, five Filmfare Awards, three CineMAA Awards, three South Indian International Movie Awards and one International Indian Film Academy awards.
- Mahsh Babu is one of the few actors in India to give away most of his earnings towards charity works.
- He donates 30 percent of his annual earnings to charity and hence, he prefers doing commercials for the same.
- Only superstar Rajnikanth gets more salary than him in the South India film industry.
- He beat Bollywood superstars like Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Aamir Khan in the list of the Most Desirable Man by Times of India.