Kunal Khemu is an Indian film actor. He made his film debut with Sir as a child actor. His notable roles as an actor include the films Raja Hindustani, Zakhm, Kalyug, Traffic Signal, Dhol, Golmaal, 99 and Go Goa Gone. Kunal portrayed a noteworthy negative character in Malang and gained critical acclaim for his role in Kalank.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kunal Khemu was born on the 25th of May 1983, in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India.
He’s currently 37 years old.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Kunal finished his schooling from N.L.Dalmia High School in Mira Road where as attended SVKM’s Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics at Vile Parle for his further studies.
- Father – Ravi Khemu (Actor)
- Mother – Jyoti Khemu (Actress)
- Siblings – Karishma Khemu (Younger Sister)
- Relatives – Moti Lal Kemmu (Grandfather), Sunny Moza (Second Cousin), Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi (Father in Law), Sharmila Tagore (Mother in Law), Saif Ali Khan (Brother in Law), Kareena Kapoor (Sister in Law), Sara Ali Khan (Niece)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kunal Khemu has dated –
- Soha Ali Khan (2013-present) – In May 2013, Kunal was in a live-in relationship with actress Soha Ali Khan. In July 2014, the couple got engaged and got married in a private ceremony in Mumbai on 25 January 2015 in the presence of selected members of Soha’s family. In 29 September 2017, Soha Ali Khan gave birth to their daughter Inaaya Naumi Khemu.
- In feet – 5 feet 5¼ inches
- In centimeters – 166 cm
- In meters – 1.66 m
- In Kilograms – 68 kg
- In Pounds – 150 lbs
- Measurements – 38–14–32
- Chest – 38 in or 96.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Kunal well known for his roles in movies Raja Hindustani (1996) & Zakhm (1998). Kunal portrayed a noteworthy negative character in Malang and gained critical acclaim for his role in Kalank.
In 1996, Kunal made her acting debut as Rajnikant in Hindi-language romantic drama film, Raja Hindustani directed by Dharmesh Darshan.
In 1987, Kunal started his career as a child artist with Doordarshan TV show Gul Gulshan Gulfaam when he was just 4 year old.
In 2014, Kunal got a tattoo of Lord Shiva on his leg and was highly criticized on social media for his act. Later, he clarified the issue saying that he did that out of devotion and not with an intention to disrespect God.
Kunal Khemu Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Ajay Devgan, Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Kareena Kapoor
- Favorite Film – Andaz Apna Apna, Deewaar, Namak Halaal, Shahenshah, Omkara, The Matrix
- Favorite Director – Anurag Kashyap, Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Favorite Sport – Cricket, Football
- Favorite Cricketer – Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni, Ricky Ponting, Andrew Flintoff
- Favorite Football Team – Brazil, Argentina, Manchester United, Real Madrid
- Favorite Restaurant – Mainland China, Yokos in Mumbai
- Favorite Destination – London, Greece
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Rogan Josh, Creme Brulee, Chinese Cuisine, Sizzler
Kunal Khemu Net worth
Kunal Khemu has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2020. Kunal gets paid ₹1-2 crore per film. He owns a Volkswagen Touareg car and an MV AGUSTA 1090 bike.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Kunal Khemu
- Instagram – khemster2
- Twitter – Kunal Khemu
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kunal Khemu
- At the age of 14, Kunal quit acting to concentrate on his studies.
- He won various awards for his acting in theatre plays while he was in school and college.
- His first film as a lead actor was Mahesh Bhatt’s Kalyug which was based on the pornography industry.
- In 2007, his first release was Madhur Bhandarkar’s Traffic Signal where he played a street-smart money lender.
- In 2008, he made her acting with the drama film, Superstar directed by Rohit Jugraj, starring Kunal Khemu in a double-role, opposite Tulip Joshi.
- In 2010, Kunal appeared in Golmaal 3 in which he played a supporting role as Laxman.
- In 2012, he appeared in Mukesh Bhatt’s Blood Money in which played the lead role as Kunal Kadam.
- In 2015, Kunal returned to the screen with the thriller film, Bhaag Johnny directed by Shivam Nair.
- In 2017, Kunal did a voice over in an animated film, Hanuman: Da’ Damdaar in role of Lord Indra.
- In 2020, Kunal played the role as Nandan Kumar in the comedy drama film, Lootcase directed by Rajesh Krishnan.