Jonathan Rhys Meyers is an Irish actor. He is known for his roles in the films Michael Collins, Velvet Goldmine, Bend It Like Beckham, Match Point, Mission: Impossible III & his television roles as Elvis Presley in the biographical miniseries Elvis, for which he won a Golden Globe Award and earned a Primetime Emmy Award nomination, as King Henry VIII in the historical drama The Tudors, which earned him two Golden Globe Award nominations and in the NBC drama series Dracula as the title character.
Jonathan Michael Francis O’Keeffe
Jonny, Johnny, JRM, Jon
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jonathan Rhys Meyers was born on the 27th of July 1977, in Dublin, Ireland.
He’s currently 42 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jonathan attended North Monastery Christian Brothers School in Ireland.
- Father – John O’Keeffe (Folk Musician)
- Mother – Mary Geraldine “Geri” O’Keeffe (née Myers) (Community Worker) (Died on November 20, 2007)
- Siblings – Ali O’Keeffe (Younger Brother) (Actor, musician), Jamie O’Keeffe (Younger Brother) (Actor, musician), Paul O’Keeffe (Brother), Sharon (Half Sister), Maria (Half Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jonathan Rhys Meyers has dated –
- Toni Collette (1998-1999) – Jonathan Rhys Meyers and actress Toni Collette started dating in 1998. They were in a relationship for about one year and split in 1999.
- Cha Cha Seigne (2000-2003) – Jonathan and actress Cha Cha Seigne started dating in 2000 and got engaged. They ended their engagement and split in early 2003.
- Reena Hammer (2004-2012) – The actor started seeing English businesswoman Reena Hammer in 2004. Reema was the daughter of make-up artist Ruby Hammer. The two were together for a long time and supported each other through all thick and thin in life. They finally called it quits in 2012.
- Victoria Keon-Cohen (2012) – Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Australian model Victoria Keon-Cohen started dating in February 2012 and broke off in December 2012.
- Mara Lane (2014–Present) – The actor started dating American actress Mara Lane in 2014. The two announced their engagement in 2015. In 2016, they got married. Later, in December 2016, the couple welcomed a son named, Wolf Rhys Meyers.
- In feet – 5 feet 9¾ inches
- In centimeters – 177 cm
- In meters – 1.77 m
- In Kilograms – 72 kg
- In Pounds – 159 lbs
- Measurements – 38–12–32
- Chest – 38 in or 96.50 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Jonathan became known for his roles in the films Michael Collins (1996), Bend It Like Beckham (2002), Alexander (2004), Match Point (2005), Mission: Impossible III (2006) and his television roles as Elvis Presley in the biographical miniseries Elvis (2005), for which he won a Golden Globe Award and earned a Primetime Emmy Award nomination, as King Henry VIII in the historical drama The Tudors (2007–10), which earned him two Golden Globe Award nominations.
In 1994, Jonathan first movie as an actor was A Man of No Importance in which he played the role of First Young Man.
In 2000, Jonathan first TV appearance was in the BBC series Gormenghast where he played the role as Steerpike in all the 4 episodes.
Jonathan Rhys Meyers Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp, Joaquin Phoenix, Cillian Murphy
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts, Penelope Cruze
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna
- Favorite Sports – Soccer
- Favorite Restaurant – La Rosa in Rome
- Favorite Bands – Broken Social Scene, Kings of Leon, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Jonathan Rhys Meyers Net worth
Jonathan Rhys Meyers has an estimated net worth of $18 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Twitter – Jonathan Rhys Meyers
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jonathan Rhys Meyers
- As a kid, Jonathan wanted to be a priest.
- He spent some of his childhood in an orphanage.
- In 2005, he was admitted into a rehab center where he was treated for abuse of an undetected substance.
- In February 2008, Rhys Meyers was named the ambassador for the Hope Foundation. A charity formed in his native Cork. The charity provides shelter, medical care and support to the street children of Calcutta.
- Rhys Meyers is also an ambassador for the children’s charity, Barretstown. Barretstown’s mission is to rebuild the lives of children affected by serious illness and their families, through life-changing therapeutic recreational programmes in a safe, fun and supportive environment.
- He is good friends with actors Stuart Townsend and Annabelle Wallis.
- In 5 October 2008, Rhys Meyers received an Honorary Patronage from the Trinity College Philosophical Society in Dublin.
- In 2009, Rhys Meyers was detained in Paris by French police because he allegedly assaulted an airport lounge employee while drunk.
- In 2011, he starred as Solal in Belle du Seigneur, an English language film adaptation of Albert Cohen’s novel Belle du Seigneur.
- In 2013, Meyers was cast as Dracula in NBC’s television series Dracula alongside Oliver Jackson-Cohen and Jessica De Gouw.
- In 2014, Rhys Meyers was honoured at the Irish Post Awards and was presented with the Legend Award for his contributions to the film and entertainment industry.
- In 23 October 2014, Jonathan received The Irish Post Legend Award at the London Hilton on Park Lane in recognition of his remarkable achievements in Film & Television over the previous 20 years.
- In 2019, Jonathan and fellow actor Aidan Gillen helped launch Barretstown’s new press play campaign.