John Goodman is an American actor. John played Dan Conner on the ABC TV series Roseanne for which he won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in 1993 and reprised the role in its sequel series The Conners. He is a regular collaborator with the Coen brothers on such films as Raising Arizona, Barton Fink, The Big Lebowski, O Brother, Where Art Thou and Inside Llewyn Davis, Transformers: Age of Extinction, Patriots Day, Kong: Skull Island and Transformers: The Last Knight. His voice roles include Pacha in Disney’s The Emperor’s New Groove franchise, James P. Sullivan in Pixar’s Monsters, Inc. franchise, Baloo in The Jungle Book 2, Layton T. Montgomery in Bee Movie and Eli “Big Daddy” LaBouff in The Princess and the Frog.
John Stephen Goodman
Birthday / Date of Birth
John Goodman was born on the 20th of June 1952, in Affton, Missouri, United States.
He’s currently 68 years old.
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Goodman went to Affton High School in St. Louis County, Missouri where he played football and dabbled in theater. After graduating in 1970, he took a gap year. He earned a football scholarship to Missouri State University in Springfield.
John pledged to Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity, although he did not join until several years later. He discovered the drama program and studied there with future Hollywood stars Kathleen Turner and Tess Harper. Goodman graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 1975.
- Father – Leslie F. Goodman
- Mother – Virginia Roos
- Siblings – Elisabeth Goodman (Younger Sister), Leslie Goodman (Older Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Goodman has dated –
- Annabeth Hartzog (1989-Present) – In 1989, Goodman married Annabeth Hartzog. They had met at a Halloween party at Tipitina’s when he was filming Everybody’s All-American in New Orleans. They reside in the Garden District of New Orleans. Their daughter, Molly Evangeline Goodman (born 1990), works as a production assistant in the film industry.
- In feet – 6 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 188 cm
- In meters – 1.88 m
- In Kilograms – 96 kg
- In Pounds – 211 lbs
He wears a size 11.5 (US) shoe.
John became known for his role as Dan Conner on the ABC TV series Roseanne (1988–1997; 2018) for which he won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in 1993 and reprised the role in its sequel series The Conners and he is a regular collaborator with the Coen brothers on such films as Raising Arizona (1987), Barton Fink (1991), The Big Lebowski (1998), O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000) and Inside Llewyn Davis (2013).
In 1983, John made his feature film debut with a minor role in the action thriller drama film, Eddie Macon’s Run and film adaptation of James McLendon’s novel of the same name, in which she played the role of Herbert.
In 1980, Goodman first television appearance when he was cast as George Rogers in the TV series, The Mystery of the Morro Castle.
Goodman appeared in a commercial to raise awareness for the Deepwater Horizon oil spill also starring in the commercial were Sandra Bullock, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Jack Del Rio, Drew Brees, Emeril Lagasse, James Carville and Blake Lively.
John Goodman Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp, Henry Cavill
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
John Goodman Net worth
John Goodman has an estimated net worth of $65 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
He doesn’t have any personal social media account.
Some Lesser Known Facts About John Goodman
- After graduating from college, he moved to New York to pursue acting where he stayed in an apartment near the theater district in Manhattan.
- During his struggling years in acting, he worked as a bouncer, bartender and waiter to meet his ends.
- His early work includes commercials, voice-overs and stage plays.
- In 1978, John appeared in the Broadway production of Loose Ends and musical Big River in 1985.
- Goodman has hosted Saturday Night Live several times between 1989 and 2013.
- In 1993, John won a Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a TV-Series – Comedy/Musical for his role in Roseanne.
- In 2009, he reprised the role of Pozzo at the Roundabout Theatre Company.
- In 2013, Goodman received rave reviews for his performance as North Carolina Senator Gil John Biggs in Amazon’s Alpha House, a political comedy written by Garry Trudeau.
- In August 10, 2013, Goodman was inducted as a Disney Legend.
- In April 2015, Goodman made his return to the stage, making his West End debut in the process while starring as Donny in American Buffalo at the Wyndham’s Theatre alongside Damian Lewis and Tom Sturridge.
- In March 10, 2017, Goodman received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his work in motion pictures, located at 6767 Hollywood Boulevard.
- In 2019, Goodman starred in the role of Southern megachurch preacher and family patriarch Eli Gemstone on the HBO comedy The Righteous Gemstones, created by and co-starring Danny McBride.