Colin Farrell is an Irish actor. In 1998, Farrell appeared in the BBC drama Ballykissangel, made his film debut in the Tim Roth-directed drama The War Zone in 1999 and was discovered by Hollywood when Joel Schumacher cast him as the lead in the war drama Tigerland in 2000. Colin then starred in Schumacher’s psychological thriller Phone Booth where he plays a hostage in a New York city phone booth and the American thrillers S.W.A.T. and The Recruit, establishing his international box-office appeal.
During that time, he also appeared in Steven Spielberg’s science fiction thriller Minority Report and as the villain Bullseye in the superhero film Daredevil. In 2015, Farrell starred as Detective Ray Velcoro in the second season of HBO’s True Detective and also starred in the film The Lobster for which he was nominated for his second Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy.
Colin James Farrell
Birthday / Date of Birth
Colin Farrell was born on the 31st of May 1976, in Dublin, Ireland.
He’s currently 47 years old.
Farrell was educated at St. Brigid’s National School, followed by secondary school at Castleknock College, an exclusive all boys private school and then Gormanston College in County Meath. Later he got enrolled in the Gaiety Drama School in Dublin. However, he dropped out before completing his education there.
- Father – Eamon Farrell (Played Football for Shamrock Rovers FC and ran a health food shop)
- Mother – Rita Monaghan
- Siblings – Eamon Farrell Jr. (Older Brother) (Actor), Claudine (Older Sister) (Actress and Personal Assistant of Colin), Catherine (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Relatives – Tommy Farrell (Uncle) (Played football for Shamrock Rovers FC), Annette Ekblom (Former mother-in-law) (Actress), Alun Lewis (Former father-in-law) (Actor, Writer)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Colin Farrell has dated –
- Amelia Warner (2000-2001) – Colin started going with actress Amelia Warner by the end of 2000. After dating for almost five months, they sort of got married. Actually, the young couple was holidaying in Tahiti and impulsively one day, decided to hold an intimate wedding ceremony on the beach. However, the wedding wasn’t legally binding and it was good for them as they separated some months after the impromptu wedding.
- Michelle Rodriguez (2002-2003) – Farrell met famously bisexual actress Michelle Rodriguez in 2002 during the shooting of the movie S.W.A.T. Apparently, one day after the shooting, they headed out for drinks and started dating henceforth. However, they decided to break-up some months after the release of the movie.
- Kim Bordenave (2002-2003) – Colin started going out with model Kim Bordenave in January 2002. In 2003, she gave birth to a son, James in Los Angeles.
- Angelina Jolie (2003-2004) – Farrell hooked up with actress Angelina Jolie in 2003 during the shooting of historical drama, Alexander (2004). They were sleeping with each other every week, and she was deeply infatuated with the Irishman. But, Colin didn’t feel the same way which led to the breakup before the release of the movie. He even stayed away from her during the promotional events of the movie.
- Britney Spears (2003) – Colin was spotted on many dates with singer Britney Spears in Los Angles in January 2003. At that time, he was promoting the movie, The Recruit there.
- Nicole Narain (2003) – This is one relationship which can’t be denied by both parties at any cost as the homemade video of the actor and Playboy model, Nicole was leaked in 2006. Colin tried to sue his former girlfriend for leaking it.
- Lindsay Lohan (2004) – Colin had a brief fling with actress Lindsay Lohan in January 2004. Their steamy encounter happened to have started at the Chateau Marmont hotel in West Hollywood and continued for a couple of weeks.
- Carmen Electra (2006) – Colin hooked up with glamour model and actress Carmen Electra at a debauched party at the Playboy Mansion. However, their affair fizzled out within a month.
- Muireann McDonnell (2007-2008) – Farrell started going out with medical student Muireann McDonnell after having met her at a bar in Dublin. In May 2007, it was reported that Muireann’s ex-boyfriend John Marc Knight, who worked as a barman had committed suicide due to the torment of seeing his former girlfriend’s relationship with Irish actor.
- Emma Forrest (2008-2009) – Colin started dating journalist, and novelist Emma Forrest after being introduced by Martin McDonaugh, who directed Colin’s movie, In Bruges. But, before long, there were signs of trouble in their relationship as she was miffed with Colin for having mentioned her in his Golden Globe’s best actor award acceptance speech in January 2009. Shortly after, they had separated.
- Alicja Bachleda (2009-2010) – Farrell met Polish actress Alicja Bachleda while working in the 2009 movie, Ondine. In October 2009, Alicja gave birth to a boy. Their relationship ended in mid-2010.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 80 kg
- In Pounds – 176 lbs
- Measurements – 42-15-33
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
His shoe size is 11.5 (US).
His film Tigerland, directed by John Schumacher and released in 2000, is about recruits who undergo infantry training at Louisiana before leaving for Vietnam to fight in the war. Though the film was not a box office hit, it catapulted Farrell to fame and fetched him the London Film Critics Circle Award for Best Newcomer of the Year.
In 1997, Colin made his film debut with Drinking Crude in the role of Click.
Farrell appeared in 18 episodes of BBC drama Ballykissangel as Danny Byrne from 19989 to 1999.
Colin did these television commercials – Adidas Ultra Boots (voiceover), Men’s perfume line, Intenso by Dolce-e-Gabbana, Flaunt Magazine.
Colin Farrell Net worth
Colin Farrell has an estimated net worth of $80 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Colin is not any official social media page.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Colin Farrell
- Colin has been diagnosed with chronic insomnia since the age of 12.
- In 2003, the People magazine placed Colin in the list of 50 Most Beautiful People.
- In 2003, Premiere magazine had him on #98 in the annual Power 100 List.
- Colin has got two tattoos on his left forearm, out of which one is a black cross and other is a Latin phrase Carpe Diem, which means seize the day.
- He went for the audition for the formation of the famous boy band, Boyzone. But, he failed to pass the finals.
- Farrell has struggled with his addiction to painkillers and recreational drugs and had to check in rehab in 2005 to kick his addiction habit. He has been pretty vocal about his drug abuse experience.
- In 2005, a biography Colin Farrell: Living Dangerously based on his life was published, which was written by journalist Jane Kelly.
- In 2005, he acted in yet another historical film titled The New World, where he played explorer John Smith, alongside Christopher Plummer and Christian Bale.
- In January 2006, Farrell filed a lawsuit against his former girlfriend, Playboy model Nicole Narain and the Internet Commerce Group (ICG) for the unauthorised public distribution of a 13-minute sex tape which they made in 2003.
- In 2009, he played the role of a street singer in the film Crazy Heart. He even tried his hand at singing and recorded a few songs for this film.
- In 2012, Colin appeared alongside Kate Beckinsale in the remake of Total Recall, a sci-fi film about a sleeper agent. His acting was compared with that of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s, who had played the lead in the original.
- In 2015, he was declared the official ambassador for the Homeless World Cup, which aims to make soccer an inspiration for homeless people to improve their lives.
- In 2017, Farrell had leading roles in the films The Beguiled, The Killing of a Sacred Deer and Roman J. Israel, Esq.
- In 2018, Colin co-starred in Steve McQueen’s thriller Widows and then starred in Tim Burton’s 2019 live-action fantasy Dumbo.