Jude Law is an English actor. He has received multiple award nominations including for two Academy Awards, four Golden Globes Awards, two Screen Actors Guild Awards and two British Academy Film Awards. In 2007, he received an Honorary César and was named a knight of the Order of Arts and Letters by the French government, in recognition of his contribution to World Cinema Arts. In 2017, he starred in The Young Pope and in 2018 portrayed Albus Dumbledore in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. His highest-grossing release was the superhero film Captain Marvel, in which he played Yon-Rogg. Law has also had an accomplished career on stage and has received nominations for three Laurence Olivier Awards and two Tony Awards.
David Jude Heyworth Law
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jude Law was born on the 29th of December 1972, in Lewisham, London, England, England.
He’s currently 47 years old.
Jude attended John Ball Primary School in Blackheath and Kidbrooke School. He also went to Alleyn’s School in Dulwich, South London.
- Father – Peter Robert Law (Comprehensive School Teacher)
- Mother – Margaret Anne (née Heyworth) (Comprehensive School Teacher)
- Siblings – Natasha Law (Older Sister) (Painter and Graphic Designer)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jude Law has dated –
- Sadie Frost (1995-2003) – In March 1995, Jude Law started dating actress Sadie Frost who is about 8 years his senior. They met while they were working on the film Shopping. The actors got married on September 2, 1997 and after 6 years of marriage, the couple got divorced on October 29, 2003. The couple has three children – son Rafferty (b. 1996), daughter Iris (b. 2000) and son Rudy (b. 2002).
- Pearl Lowe (2001) – In 2001, he hooked up with a fashion designer Pearl Lowe. He was on a Greek holiday with his then wife Sadie Frost, Pearl Lowe and Lowe’s boyfriend Danny Goffey. Sadie performed a striptease in front of the two men and then suggested a wife swapping session.
- Sienna Miller (2003-2006; 2009-2011) – Alfie co-stars, Sienna Miller and Jude started dating in December 2003 and on December 25, 2004, they got engaged. Law started an affair with his children’s nanny while he was still in a relationship with Sienna. Later, it came into notice that Sienna was also dating Daniel Craig at that time. The couple finally called it quits in November 2006. They reconciled again in December 2009. They spent their time together during Christmas 2009 at Barbados along with Jude’s three children. Again, they split in February 2011.
- Daisy Wright (2005) – Jude dated his children’s nanny, Daisy Wright in early 2005 for which apologized publicly in July 2005.
- Kim Hersov (2007) – Fashion editor, Kim Hersov and Jude were together for a month from March 2007 to April 2007.
- Susan Hoecke (2007) – Starting from August 2007, German actress Susan Hoecke and Jude dated for a couple of months.
- Samantha Burke (2008) – American model Samantha Burke and Jude Law were romantically linked to each other in the summer of 2008. From Samantha, Jude has a child, his fourth, daughter named, Sophia who was born in September 2009.
- Kimberly Stewart (2008) – American model, reality star, socialite and fashion designer, Kimberly Stewart had a fling with Jude in May 2008.
- Ruth Wilson (2012-2014) – In March 2012, he started dating another actress, Ruth Wilson after meeting her at Anna Christie play at the Donmar Warehouse in London. They dated for two years before calling it quits in February 2014.
- Alicia Rountree (2013) – Mauritian model and businesswoman, Alicia Rountree and Jude had a short romance in mid-2013.
- Linda Zimany (2014) – In April 2014, he had a fling with Hungarian adult / glamour model, Linda Zimany. She is about 13 years his junior.
- Catherine Harding (2014) – Jude Law then dated Catherine Harding for a couple of months in 2014. Catherine gave birth to Jude’s 5th child, a daughter in March 2015.
- Phillipa Coan (2015-Present) – In 2015, Jude started dating psychologist Phillipa Coan. In May 2015, the rumors of them dating started surfacing the internet. He married his girlfriend Phillipa Coan on 1 May 2019.
- In feet – 5 feet 11½ inches
- In centimeters – 182 cm
- In meters – 1.82 m
- In Kilograms – 87 kg
- In Pounds – 192 lbs
- Measurements – 44-15-35
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
His shoe size is 12 (US).
Playing Dickie Greenleaf in the psychological thriller film The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999), as Gigolo Joe in the science fiction film A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001), W.P. Inman in the Cold Mountain (2003), as Harlen Maguire in the Road to Perdition (2002), as Dr. John Watson in the Sherlock Holmes film series.
In 1989, Jude first appeared in the film The Tailor of Gloucester for his role as Sam, Mayor’s Stableboy. It was an ITV Christmas Special broadcast.
In 1990, Jude appeared in the ITV’s daytime soap opera Families for his role as Nathan Thompson.
Jude appeared in PSA for Respect for Animals, UK in 2007. In 2008, Law was seen in Dunhill luxury goods for men. He also appeared in commercials for Dior Homme Sport men’s fragrance in 2009, Johnnie Walker’s Blue Label etc.
Jude Law Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Will Smith
- Favorite Ice-Cream Flavor – Cookies ‘n Cream
- Favorite Word – Dad
- Favorite Submarine Films – Das Boot, Run Silent Run Deep, Gray Lady Down
- Favorite Destination – Paris
Jude Law Net worth
Jude Law has an estimated net worth of $45 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Jude is not official social media page.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jude Law
- Jude Law was named after considering the Beatles song Hey Jude and also the book Jude the Obscure.
- His first name is the German word for Jew. But, he is not a Jewish.
- He was formerly a partner in the production company Natural Nylon.
- Jonny Lee Miller and Ewan McGregor were his former roommates.
- A band named, Brand New featured a song on his name which is Jude Law and a Semester Abroad.
- At 17, Jude dropped out of school so that he could appear in TV series Families (1990).
- In 1987, Law began acting with the National Youth Music Theatre. He played various roles in the Edinburgh Fringe-awarded play The Ragged Child.
- In 2001, Law starred as Russian sniper Vasily Zaytsev in the film Enemy at the Gates and learned ballet dancing for the film A.I. Artificial Intelligence.
- In 2002, when he played the title role in the play Doctor Faustus, he was injured thrice including a blood infection in the leg.
- He is good friends with actress Rachel Weisz and Andrea Logiudice.
- In 2004, he was titled People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive.
- In 2004, Law launched a campaign to raise £2.5 million towards the Young Vic Theatre’s £12.5 million redevelopment project.
- In 2005, he has represented Dunhill as an apparel ambassador in Asia.
- In 2006, he starred in an anthology of Samuel Beckett readings and performances directed by Anthony Minghella.
- In 2006, he joined Robbie Williams in the Soccer Aid celebrity football match to benefit UNICEF.
- In 2008, he became the international face of Dunhill and began appearing in the worldwide advertising campaigns.
- In 2008, Law became the face of the male perfume, Dior Homme Sport.
- In May 2009, Law returned to the London stage to portray the title role in Shakespeare’s Hamlet at the Donmar Warehouse West End season at Wyndham’s Theatre.
- In April 2009, he supported the charity Education Africa with the gift of a mask he had painted and signed himself. The campaign was launched on eBay by Education Africa.
- In 2011, Law joined street protests against Alexander Lukashenko and his brutal crackdown on the Belarusian democracy movement.
- In 2015, Jude’s oldest son Rafferty was included in the list of GQ’s 50 best dressed British men.
- In 2016, he appeared alongside Japanese actor Shun Oguri in a commercial for Pepsi’s Momotaro’s Story campaign, as Oni.
- In April 2017, it was announced that Law would be portraying a young Albus Dumbledore in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.