Rachel Weisz is a British-American actress. She started modelling at a very young age and then took up acting during her years in Cambridge. She was known for being an English Rose and debuted with the film Death Machine. She has starred in a number of movies including The Mummy and its sequel, Stealing Beauty, Enemy at the Gates, The Shape of Things, Constantine and About a Boy. She is the recipient of several accolades, including an Academy Award, a Golden Globe, a BAFTA Award and a Laurence Olivier Award.
Rachel Hannah Weisz
Rachel, Rachel Weisz
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rachel Weisz was born on March 07, 1970, in Westminster, London, England, UK.
She’s currently 49 years old.
New York City, New York, United States
Weisz left North London Collegiate School and attended Benenden School for one year, completing A-levels at St Paul’s Girls School. Weisz went to Trinity Hall, Cambridge, where she read English for the degree of Bachelor of Arts. She graduated with upper second-class honours.
- Father – George Weisz (Inventor)
- Mother – Edith Ruth (née Teich) (Teacher-turned-psychotherapist)
- Siblings – Minnie Weisz (Photographer and Curator)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel Weisz has dated –
- Ben Miller (1991-1993) – The English comedian, actor and director, Ben Miller started dating Weisz in 1991. However, their relationship was brief and ended in two years.
- Dominic Anciano (1993-1996) – The English producer, actor, director, writer and comedian, Dominic Anciano known for British TV series Operation Good Guys started dating Weisz in 1993. However, the actress busy schedule did not permit the relationship to last long and they parted ways in 1996.
- Neil Morrissey (1998-2000) – The English actor, media personality and businessman, Neil Morrissey was reportedly living-in with Weisz during their courtship. They started dating in 1998 after the shooting of My Summer with Des. The couple split in 2000.
- Sam Mendes (2000-2001) – The relationship between English stage and film director, Sam Mendes and Weisz was not steady. They maintained an ON and OFF relationship during their brief encounter in 2000 and 2001.
- Darren Aronofsky (2001-2010) – The American film director, screenwriter and film producer, Darren Aronofsky, known for his controversial movies, started dating Weisz in 2001. They got engaged in 2005 and were blessed with son Henry Aronofsky in 2006. However, the couple announced their separation in 2010.
- Daniel Craig (2010-Present) – The couple started dating in December 2010, but they knew each other since 1992 when they were together at the shoot of Les Grandes Horizontales. The duo reconnected in 2010 when they worked together for the Broadway production Dream House. The couple married on June 22, 2011, in a private New York ceremony. Daniel already has a daughter, Ella from his previous relationship. Hence, in 2011, as a result of marriage, Rachel became a US citizen too. In 1 September 2018, it was reported that they had their first child together, a daughter.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 125 lbs
- Measurements – 36-24-35
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Rachel Weisz is best known for her role as Evelyn Carnahan-O’Connell in the movies The Mummy (1999) and The Mummy Returns (2001).
In 1994, she made her film debut by appearing in Death Machine. Her first major movie role was in 1996’s Chain Reaction, in which she starred alongside Keanu Reeves and Morgan Freeman.
Rachel Weisz appeared on the small screen for the first time as Sarah Thompson in the TV movie Advocates II (1992).
Rachel Weisz has appeared in several TV commercials and print ads since her modeling time. She has served as a muse for designer Narciso Rodriguez. In 2005, she had been the face of Revlon.
Rachel Weisz Favorites
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite Designer – Jason Wu, Isabel Marant, Stella McCartney, Steven Alan and Hussein Chalayan, Preen
- Favorite Writer – Philip Roth
- Favorite Books – American Pastoral by Philip Roth, My Ear at His Heart by Hanif Kureishi, Howards End by E.M.Forster, On Beauty by Zadie Smith, An Inmate History of Humanity by Theodore Zeldin.
- Favorite Idols – Gena Rowlands, Katharine Hepburn, Jack Nicholson, Shirley MacLaine, Ingrid Bergman, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin
- Favorite Movie – Performance (1970)
- Favorite Musician – Beethoven
- Favorite Director – Paul Thomas Anderson, Pedro Almodovar, Sean Durkin
- Favorite Filmmaker – The Dardenne Brothers
Rachel Weisz Net worth
Rachel Weisz has a estimated net worth of $40 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Amy is not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rachel Weisz
- Rachel started modeling at the age of 14.
- She is known for her beautiful appearance since teenage. At that time, she was known as English Rose.
- Emily Mortimer was her classmate at St Paul’s Girls School in London.
- Weisz has inked a tattoo of a ladder on her hip.
- In 1994, Weisz was awarded the London Critics Circle Theatre Award (Drama Theatre) for her performance in Design for Living as the Most Promising Newcomer.
- In 2001, she was nominated for the Empire Awards owing to her performance in The Mummy Returns as the Best British Actress.
- In 2002, she was ranked #30 by Stuff magazine in the list of 102 Sexiest Women in the World.
- In 2003, she played Marlee in the film adaptation of John Grisham’s legal thriller novel The Runaway Jury, in which she starred with Dustin Hoffman, gene Hackman and John Cussack.
- In 2007, she was ranked #37 by Empire magazine on the list of 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History.
- 2009, she was voted 63rd in FM 100 Sexiest Women in the World.
- In 2010, she appeared in The Whistleblower and received appreciation for her powerful performance. The film was based on a true story of human trafficking.
- In 2012, she received nominations for The Whistleblower, for Genie Awards and Vancouver Film Critics Circle Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a leading role and Best Actress in a Canadian Film respectively.
- In 2017, Weisz starred in the drama My Cousin Rachel, based on Daphne du Maurier’s novel and in 2018 co-starred in a British biographical film about sailor Donald Crowhurst, The Mercy, directed by James Marsh.
- In 2018, Weisz played Sarah Churchill in the film The Favourite, garnering her the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role and her second nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- In April 2019, she entered talks to join Scarlett Johansson in the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Black Widow.