Vignesh Shivan is an Indian Film Director, Film Actor, Lyricist, Musician, Screenwriter, Poet, Writer, Film Producer & Film Distributor who is well known for his work at Tamil cinema. He started his career with a short film, Podaa Podi, as a director, writer, and actor. Reportedly, it took him four years to complete the film. In 2021, Vignesh got engaged to his girlfriend Nayanthara in a private ceremony.
Actor, Director, Film producer, Writer, Musician
Birthday / Date of Birth
Vignesh Shivan was born on the 18th of September 1988, in Chennai, India.
He’s currently 34 years old.
Shivan studied in Santhome Hr Sec School, Mylapore.
- Father – Late Sivakozhundhu (Superintendent of Police)
- Mother – Meena Kumari (Retired inspector in Vadapalani Police Station)
- Siblings – Aishwarya (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vignesh Shivan has dated –
- Nayanthara (2015-Present) – In 2015, they worked together on Naanum Rowdy Dhaan. In 2021, They announced their engagement. In 2022, they got married at Sheraton Grand in Mahabalipuram.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 64 kg
- In Pounds – 141 lbs
Shivan became known after appearing as a actor in the movie Sivi. He is famous Film Director, Film Actor, Lyricist, Musician, Writer, Screenwriter, Poet, Film Producer & Film Distributor. He is lyricist of song Hare Rama Hare Krishna, Maattikittenae, Un Paarvaiyilae etc.
In 2007, Vignesh had his first film onscreen role in the movie Sivi as Krishna’s Friend. In 2012, he made her theatrical film debut as in the movie Podaa podi.
Vignesh Shivan Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Rajinikanth
- Favorite Actress – Keerthy Suresh
- Favorite Singer – A. R. Rahman
- Favorite Color – Black, Green, blue
- Favorite Food – South Indian Dishes
Vignesh Shivan Net worth
Vignesh Shivan has an estimated net worth $5 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – wikkiofficial
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vignesh Shivan
- Vignesh is born into a Hindu Brahmin family to Meena Kumari in Chennai.
- Shivan’s parents were police officers.
- His favorite cricketers are M.S. Dhoni and Virat Kohli.
- Before marrying each other, he and actress Nayantara dated each other for a long time.
- Actor Dhanush is his best friend.
- In 2013, he wrote the Tamil song Engadi Poranthae for the film Vanakkam Chennai.
- In 2014, he did a cameo in the Tamil film Velaiyilla Pattathari; he appeared as an engineer in the film.
- In 2015, he wrote and directed the Tamil film Naanum Rowdydhaan in which Vijay Sethupathi and Nayanthara appeared in lead roles; Vignesh Shivan received the Best Director Award at SIIMA Awards for the film.
- In 2018, he appeared on the cover of Galatta Cinema magazine.
- Vignesh along with Nayanthara, founded a new venture called Rowdy Pictures which produced the films Pebbles (2021) and Rocky (2021).