Nayanthara is an Indian film actress who primarily appears in Tamil cinema. Nayanthara made her acting debut in the 2003 Malayalam film Manassinakkare with Jayaram. She made her debut in Tamil cinema with Ayya and Telugu with Lakshmi. In 2010, she also made her Kannada film debut through the Kannada-Telugu bilingual film Super her only appearance in a Kannada film to date. Her portrayal of Sita in Sri Rama Rajyam earned her the Filmfare Award for Best Telugu Actress and the Nandi Award for Best Actress.
Diana Mariam Kuriyan
Nayan, Lady Superstar, Nayantara
Birthday / Date of Birth
Nayanthara was born on November 18, 1984 in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
She is currently 34 years old.
Nayanthara studied in various parts of India, mainly in North India. She did her schooling in Jamnagar, Gujarat and Delhi. In Thiruvalla, she studied at Balikamadom Girls Higher Secondary School and then attended Marthoma College, Thiruvalla for her bachelor’s degree in English Literature.
She was a Syrian Christian by birth. She got inspired to Hinduism and subsequently converted to the religion on August 7, 2011 undergoing a traditional Vedic purification ceremony conducted at the Arya Samaj Temple in Chennai.
- Father – Kurian Kodiyattu
- Mother – Omana Kurian
- Siblings – Leno Kurian (Older Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nayanthara has dated –
- Silambarasan (2006–2008) – Nayanthara dated actor Silambarasan for a couple of years between 2006 and 2008. They both met on the sets of the film Vallavan in 2006 and quickly entered into an relationship, but that didn’t last any longer. The couple mutually ended their relationship and still are in good terms.
- Prabhu Deva (2008–2012) – Nayanthara and actor and dancer choreographer Prabhu Deva began dating in 2008 and and subsequently entered into live-in relationship. In 2010, Prabhu Deva’s wife Latha, who is a classical dancer, moved to family court, seeking directions against him and requesting a reunion with him. She also threatened to go on hunger strike if Prabhu Deva married Nayanthara, while several women’s organisations conducted protests against Nayanthara for bringing disrepute to the Tamil culture, burning an effigy of her. Finally, Nayanthara announced that she broke out with him in 2012.
- Vignesh Shivan (2014–Present) – She began dating filmmaker Vignesh Shivan in 2014, with whom she worked in the film Naanum Rowdy Dhaan. The couple made their relationship public through appearances in awards and events. She even gifted him an expensive car as a token of love. Owing to his birthday, the couple went to New York and had a great time exchanging their love.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Nayanthara made her onscreen debut with the 2003 Malayalam film, Manassinakkare in which she played the role of Gouri. The film was directed by Sathyan Anthikad. The commercial success of the film fetched her several offers from different languages that made her to expand her acting portfolio. She became the heart-throb of Tamil audience ever since she starred in 2005 Tamil film Chandramukhi, alongside Superstar Rajinikanth and directed by P. Vasu.
Nayanthara has appeared in a number of special festival shows on television.
The lady superstar has been the face of a number of brands like Tata Sky and GRT Jewellery. She has appeared on several television commercials and print ads.
- After she started dating Prabhu Deva in 2008, his wife Latha filed a petition at the court to take action to stop Nayanthara and Prabhu Deva’s from their live-in-relationship and resettle her family life and after her hunger strike warnings and other pressures, Nayantara ended her relationship with Prabhu Deva.
- In 2016, she was detained at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport for an alleged drug offence, when she was coming back to India after shooting Iru Mugan with Vikram.
- Favourite Actor – Rajinikanth, Vijay
- Favourite Actress – Simran
- Favourite Colour – Black
- Holiday Destination – London, Paris
- Favourite Perfume – Dolce, Polo Sports
- Favourite Movies – Pokiri, Billa
- Favorite Food – North Indian Cuisine
Nayanthara Net worth
Nayanthara net worth is estimated to be $10 million dollars as of 2019. She charges around Rs 3 crore as salary for every film and one of the highest paid actress in Kollywood. Nayanthara owns a couple of luxurious cars including a BMW X5 and an Audi Q7. She has recently bought a lavish flat in Chennai who also owns a beautiful house in her hometown in Kerala.
Social Media Portfolio
She is not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nayanthara
- Nayanthara took up modeling as a passion during her college days where she became a first runner up as the Best Model in Kerala in 2003.
- She was discovered by director Sathyan Anthikkad, who introduced her in his film, Manassinakkare in 2003, thus marking a steeping stone in her acting career. Since then, the fame, popularity, and wealth of the budding actress has only enhanced.
- Nayanthara was just 19 when she entered into acting.
- She would have been a Charted Accountant if not an actress.
- Nayanthara tattooed Prabhu Deva’s name on her wrist during her brief relationship with him.
- Nayanthara was voted as the “Most Desirable Woman of Chennai” in a poll conducted by a leading publisher in South India.
- In 2014, she was placed in the “List of 15 Most Desirable Women” by Kochi Times.
- Among 46 nominations, she has won 36 awards in various categories to this date.
- She got a huge breakthrough with the Tamil film Chandramukhi, which was her longest ever running film in the theatres with 800 days.
- Nayanthara has acted in more than 60 movies in all south Indian languages during her career spanning more than 14 years.
- Her personal life was always subject to widespread media attention because she is one of the few actresses to be romantically linked with high-profile celebrities.
- Her portrayal of Sita in Sri Rama Rajyam (2011) earned her the Filmfare Award for Best Telugu Actress and the Nandi Award for Best Actress.
- She hates social media.
- Nayanthara is one of the few actresses in the business to have acted with all of the leading actors in showbiz.