Gillian Jacobs is an American actress. She is known for portraying Britta Perry on the NBC/Yahoo! Screen comedy series Community and Mickey Dobbs on the Netflix series Love. Jacobs had a recurring role as Mimi-Rose Howard on the fourth season of the HBO series Girls and has appeared in films such as Gardens of the Night, The Lookalike, Life Partners, Hot Tub Time Machine 2, Don’t Think Twice, Brother Nature, Life of the Party and Ibiza.
Gillian MacLaren Jacobs
Birthday / Date of Birth
Gillian Jacobs was born on October 19, 1982 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States.
She is currently 36 years old.
She has French, German, Scottish and Irish ancestry.
Gillian Jacobs went to the Mt. Lebanon High School and graduated in 2000. She then shifted her base to New York City and got enrolled at the famous Juilliard School. She graduated from Juilliard in 2004 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts. While growing up, she used to take acting classes at the Pittsburgh Playhouse on Saturdays.
- Father – William F. Jacobs Jr. (Investment Banker)
- Mother – Martina Magenau Jacobs (Alumni relations at Carnegie Mellon University)
- Siblings – None
- Others – William Francis Jacobs (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Margaret Haskins (Paternal Grandmother), John Martin Magenau (Maternal Grandfather) (President and CEO of Erie Brewing Company until its closure in 1978), Carol Marie Spiller (Maternal Grandmother), Samuel Skinner (Uncle) (Former Secretary of Transportation)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gillian Jacobs has dated –
Gillian Jacobs never talks about her personal life to the media. In an interview with a weekly magazine, she revealed that she is currently in a relationship but didn’t disclose his identity. She never make public appearances with her boyfriend and thus there is not much information about her boyfriend.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds -119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip -35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 3 (US).
She landed her first breakthrough role in the NBC comedy drama television series, Community, playing Britta Perry from 2009 until 2015. Her performance was highly lauded by people and critics which earned her a TV Guide Award for Favorite Ensemble in 2012. Thereafter, she appeared in various hit series, including Monsters vs. Aliens, Love, among others.
In 2005, Gillian made her film debut in the lead role in the comedy flick, Building Girl.
In 2006, Gillian made her first TV show appearance in the minor role in American drama series, The Book of Daniel.
Gillian Jacobs hasn’t done promotional work for any brand.
Awards & Nominations
|2010||Method Fest Award||Best Actress||Nonames||Won|
|2010||Phoenix Film Festival Award||Best Ensemble Acting||Nonames||Won|
|2010||Phoenix Film Festival Award||Acting Achievement||Nonames||Won|
|2012||Critics’ Choice Television Award||Best Comedy Supporting Actress||Community||Nominated|
|2012||TV Guide Award||Favorite Ensemble||Community||Won|
Gillian Jacobs Favorites
- Favorite Book – Austerlitz by W. G. Sebald
- Favorite Movie – Fanny and Alexander (1982)
- Favorite Fictional Character – Ignatius Reilly
- Favorite TV Show – Getting On (2013-2015)
- Favorite Authors – Roald Dahl, Italo Calvino, Vladimir Nabokov
- Favorite Season – Spring in New York City
- Favorite Color – Red
- Favorite Emoji – Kissy Face Emoji
- Favorite Face Wash – Dr. Lancer’s Face Scrub and Le Mieux Face Wash
- Favorite Person – Janet Mock
- Favorite Writers – Roald Dahl, Italo Calvino, Vladimir Nabokov
Gillian Jacobs Net worth
Gillian Jacobs has a net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2019, which she accumulated over the years from acting and other business activities.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – gillianjacobs
- Twitter – Gillian Jacobs
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gillian Jacobs
- Her mother first got her into acting classes when she was in third grade. She didn’t have many friends and often used to talk to herself so her teachers asked her mother to help her find an outlet.
- She began acting at a very young age. She has performed in many plays with the Pittsburgh Public Theater and went on to star as Titania in its production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- After her high school graduation, she had got an acceptance letter from Harvard as well as Northwestern University. However, she decided to follow her passion and got enrolled at Juilliard.
- She made her New York stage debut in 2006 in Cagelove. Her performance as an assault victim was praised in a New York Times review, which said she “has the glow of a star in the making”.
- She doesn’t drink or smoke. Her father had been a drug addict and being afraid of ruining her life, she made a decision at a very young age that she would never touch any alcoholic beverage or drugs.
- In June 2014, Yahoo! Screen picked up Community for a sixth season. It was announced on September 16, 2014 that Jacobs had been cast to star as Mickey in the Netflix original comedy series Love, which premiered on February 19, 2016.
- In 2018, she directed Curated, a narrative film short, as a part of a series produced by TNT and Refinery29.