Toni Collette is an Australian actress and musician, known for her acting work on stage, television and film, as well as a secondary career as the lead singer of the band Toni Collette and the Finish. She has received six AACTA Awards, a Primetime Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award and has been nominated twice for a British Academy Film Award and both once for an Academy Award and a Tony Award.
Actress, Musician, Producer, Author
Hoola Hoop Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Toni Collette was born on 1st of November 1972, in Glebe, New South Wales, Australia.
She’s currently 47 years old.
She is of English, Irish and Scottish descent.
Toni attended Blacktown Girls’ High School until the age of 16 and later attended both the Australian Theatre for Young People and National Institute of Dramatic Art.
- Father – Bob Collett (Truck Driver)
- Mother – Judith Collett (Customer-Service Representative)
- Siblings – Ben Collette (Brother), Christopher Collette (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Toni Collette has dated –
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers (1998-1999) – Toni dated Jonathan, an Irish actor in 1998 and 1999 who was her co-star in the movie Velvet Goldmine (1998).
- Dave Galafassi (2002-Present) – Dave and Toni got married on January 11, 2003, after being engaged for 1 year. They have 2 children together, Sage Florence (b. January 9, 2008) and Arlo Robert (b. April 22, 2011).
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 59 kg
- In Pounds – 130 lbs
- Measurements – 33-25-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Toni has been in a wide number of movies and TV shows including Spotswood, the Sixth Sense, The Wild Party, About A Boy, Clockwatchers, Lucky Them, Hostages, Muriel’s Wedding, Return Of Xander Cage, among others.
In 1992, Toni made her theatrical film debut as Wendy Robinson in the film Spotswood (The Efficiency Expert).
In 2006, Toni has released the album Beautiful Awkward Pictures under her band Toni Collette & The Finish. It had 11 songs including This Moment is Golden, Mosaic Life and Look Up.
In 1990, Toni made her television show debut as Tracy on A Country Practice.
Toni has not appeared in a commercial for any brand yet.
Toni Collette Favorites
- Favorite Actor – George Clooney
- Favorite Movies – Harold and Maude, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Sound of Music, Breaking the Waves, Terms of Endearment
- Favorite Song – Kiss Me (By Ed Sheeran)
- Favorite Restaurant – Tertulia in the West Village
- Favorite Vacation Spot – Blancaneaux Lodge in Belize
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Food – Chinese Food
Toni Collette Net worth
Toni Collette has a estimated net worth of $18 million dollars as of 2020. Toni has appeared in dozens of popular movies and starred for four seasons on Showtime’s United States of Tara, a role which earned her a Best Actress Golden Globe and Emmy award.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – toni_colletteofficial
Some Lesser Known Facts About Toni Collette
- Growing up, she was a tomboy and played a nurturing role to the family’s cats, birds, dogs and rabbits.
- She dropped out of school at the age of 16 to pursue an acting career.
- She co-owns a production company in Australia.
- Toni is in the restaurant business and owns the Fat Collette Burger chain in Canberra.
- She owns a football team, the Sydney Angels.
- She has a brand of vodka, a top-selling perfume and a fashion line.
- Toni developed bulimia after gaining weight rapidly for a role in Muriel’s Wedding.
- She also had to gain 25 pounds for her role in the movie In Her Shoes.
- She suffered from panic attacks for 8 months after splitting up with her boyfriend Jonathan.
- In 2000, Toni was the voice of Meg Bluegum Bunyip’s mother in The Magic Pudding based on the iconic children’s book by Norman Lindsay.
- In October 2006, she began touring Australia to promote her first vocal album Beautiful Awkward Pictures, released on Hoola Hoop Records under the name Toni Collette & the Finish, a band for which her husband plays drums.
- In 2007, Toni participated in the Cannes Film Festival as a jury member.
- In 2008, Collette accepted the leading role in the Showtime comedy-drama series, United States of Tara.
- In 2009, when her daughter was only 9 months old, she had to go back to work for the film Mary and Max.
- She had to learn sign language for the movie the Black Balloon.
- In 2013, Collette earned critical acclaim for her work in the independent films The Way, Way Back as Pam, opposite Steve Carell and Sam Rockwell, and Enough Said as Sarah, with Julia Louis-Dreyfus and James Gandolfini.
- In 2014, Toni starred in the badly received tragi-comedy A Long Way Down, with Pierce Brosnan and Aaron Paul.
- In September 2015, Collette joined the cast for the film adaption of Craig Silvey’s Australian novel Jasper Jones and voiced the two emus Beryl and Cheryl in Blinky Bill the Movie.
- In 2017, Toni formed a production company, Vocab Films, with Jen Turner and acquired the rights to Graeme Simsion’s novel and screenplay The Best of Adam Sharp.
- In June 2018, Collette gave an acclaimed performance in the A24 horror film Hereditary.