Jung So-min is a South Korean actress. She made her mainstream debut with the television series, Bad Guy and immediately managed to grab everybody’s attention. Though she played a supporting role in the series, her character was talked about when the series was being aired on the SBS network. She then played a leading role in Playful Kiss, which was an adaptation of the famous manga series, Itazura na Kiss. Though it wasn’t a major hit in Korea, the romantic-comedy TV series became an overseas success, earning Jung worldwide recognition. Jung popularity continued to rise and gradually, she became one of the most loved actresses in the Korean film industry.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jung So-min was born on the 16th of March 1989, in Seoul, South Korea.
She’s currently 34 years old.
She has South Korean ancestry.
Jung So-min got enrolled at the Korea National University of Arts.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jung So-min has dated –
- Lee Joon (2017-2020) – In October 2017, Jung started going out with actor, singer, and DJ Lee Joon but the duo separated in 2020.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 48 kg
- In Pounds – 106 lbs
- Measurements – 32-23-33
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Dark Brown (Natural)
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Jung became known for her leading role in her TV series Playful Kiss (2010), the Korean adaptation of the popular manga Itazura na Kiss. Jung is also known for her roles in the television series My Father Is Strange, Because This Is My First Life, The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, Soul Mechanic, and Alchemy of Souls as well as the film Twenty.
In 2009, So-min had her first film onscreen role in the movie (Short flim) Worst Friends as Mang
In 2001, Jung landed her first role in television by appearing as Hong Mo-ne in the series, Bad Guy.
Jung So-min Net worth
Jung So-min has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – somin_jj
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jung So-min
- So-min spent her childhood in Seoul with her one younger brother.
- Her father is the head of a private company and is known to be one of the richest men in the country. He wanted his daughter to pursue higher education as she had done exceedingly well in academics during her school days.
- She took ballet lessons from elementary school to middle school. Later, she started learning traditional Korean dance in high school as her parents were against ballet.
- In 2016, Jung was cast as Choi Sang-bong/Ae-bong in the television sitcom, The Sound of Your Heart. She co-starred in the show alongside Lee Kwang-soo and the duo won the Best Couple Award at the KBS Entertainment Awards.
- In 2017, she played Byeon Mi-yeong/Lee Mi-yeong, Lee Yoon-seok and Na Young-shil’s 2nd daughter and the 3rd child of the family, in the family romantic comedy-drama television series, My Father Is Strange. For this performance, she was nominated for the 1st The Seoul Award for Best Supporting Actress – Drama as well as KBS Drama Awards for Excellence Award Actress in a Serial Drama and Netizen Award, Actress.
- In 2018, So-min brought to life the character of Yoo Jin-kang, an advertisement designer who lost her parents in an accident when she was young, in The Smile Has Left Your Eyes.
- In 2021, she did a cameo in Park Joon-hwa’s fantasy romantic comedy My Roommate Is a Gumiho, appearing as the woman whom protagonist Jang Ki-yong loved in the past.
- She also appeared in TV romance drama Monthly Magazine Home opposite Kim Ji-seok as an editor of a lifestyle magazine Monthly House.
- In 2022, So-min returned to the small screen with the tvN period fantasy drama Alchemy of Souls, alongside Lee Jae-wook. In August, Jung signed with TH Company.
- In September 2022, Jung returned to the big screen for the first time in three years with the sci-fi film, Project Wolf Hunting.