Song Hye-kyo is a popular South Korean actress. She came to prominence after her role in the South Korean television drama Autumn in My Heart. Song’s performance earned her multiple awards and helped her gain popularity. Over the years, she appeared in other TV series such as Full House, Worlds Within and That Winter, the Wind Blows. Song made her first appearance on the big screen with a main role in the film My Girl and I.
Hae-gyo Song, Hui-qiao Song
Actress, Model, Singer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Song Hye-kyo was born on the 22th of November 1981, in Dalseo District, Daegu, South Korea.
She’s currently 41 years old.
She has South Korean ancestry.
Song attended the Sejong University and graduated with a degree in Film Arts.
- Father – Song Dae-Seob
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Song Hye-kyo has dated –
- Lee Byung-hun (2003-2004) – In 2003, Hye-kyo first met actor Byung-hun while shooting for the drama, All In where they played onscreen lovers. They made their relationship public and just over a year later in June 2004, they announced their break-up.
- Hyun Bin (2008-2011) – In 2008, Song and actors Hyun Bin worked together in the TV series, Worlds Within where they played a romantic couple. In August 2009, they confirmed the rumors that they were dating since June. But their relationship was short-lived as Bin got enlisted in the Marines and they called it quits on their time together. In March 2011, Their respective agencies confirmed the break-up.
- Song Joong-ki (2016-2019) – In 2016, Hye-kyo and fellow actor Song Joong-ki starred in the romantic comedy series Descendants of the Sun. On June 5, 2017, their respective agencies announced that the two were engaged. On October 31, 2017, their wedding which took place at Youngbingwan, Hotel Shilla in Seoul garnered intense media interest across Asia. On June 26, 2019, the couple started to fall apart and Song Joong-ki filed for a divorce and it was finalized by July 2019.
- In feet – 5 feet 3½ inches
- In centimeters – 161.5 cm
- In meters – 1.615 m
- In Kilograms – 45 kg
- In Pounds – 99 lbs
- Measurements – 32-23-33
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Dark Brown (Natural)
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Song became known after appearing as a a successful and critically acclaimed actress on Korean television with dramas like Autumn in My Heart (2000), Full House (2004), and Descendants of the Sun (2016).
In 2012, Hye-kyo sang a duet with musician John Park (American singer of Korean descent) titled Switch: Be White for Laneige ads.
In 2005, Song made her theatrical film debut with the romantic film, My Girl and I as Bae Su-eun.
In 1995, Hye-kyo made her first TV show appearance in the show, New Generation Report: Adults Don’t Know .
She has done endorsement work for several brands such as Laneige, Sulwhasoo, McDonald’s, Star 1 Magazine, Esprit, Elle, Levi’s, Litmus (Clothing Line), Icis 8.0 (Mineral Water), Korea and Seoul Tourism, Shilla Duty-Free, Dyson (2017), Olay, Clride (Clothing Line), Vivien (Lingerie Brand), L&C Wells (Water Purifier), ROEM, BC Card (Credit Card), Dios (LG), Etude (Cosmetics), KTFT-Ever (Cellphones), Nintendo DS, Hyundai Oilbank, Lady Forever, VK Mobile (Cellphones), Woongjin (Food Products), Orion (Food Products), Samsung Auction, Ushell, Smart (School Uniform).
Song Hye-kyo Net worth
Song Hye-kyo has an estimated net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – kyo1122
Some Lesser Known Facts About Song Hye-kyo
- When Song was born, she was so ill that her parents and doctors thought that she would not survive.
- Song’s parents divorced when she was a young girl, after which she was raised by her mother. They moved from her birthplace in Daegu to the Gangnam District in Seoul, where she trained as a figure skater in elementary school but quit when she was in the eighth grade.
- When Song was a third-year student in junior high school, she won the first place in the SunKyung Smart Model Contest. She was 14 years old at the time and modeled for the school uniform company.
- In 2011, Hye-kyo released a photobook called Song Hye-kyo’s Moment which had top photographers from New York City, Atlanta, Patagonia, Buenos Aires, Paris, Brazil, and the Netherlands working for her. The proceeds from the sales were donated to a children’s foundation.
- In 2011, she became the first Asian actress to sign a contract with French global agency Effigies, paving the way for her possible entry into the European market.
- In October 2013, she donated 1,000 tickets to the Busan International Film Festival for the underprivileged young people in the Busan area.
- In 2014, Hye-kyo reunited with Kang Dong-won in My Brilliant Life, E J-yong’s film adaptation of Kim Aeran’s bestselling novel My Palpitating Life about a couple who watched their son suffering from progeria grow prematurely old.
- In July 2014, Song purchased 800 tickets for The Seoul International Women’s Film Festival and donated them to the Korean Psychological Association and the Magdalena Community.
- In December 2016, she made a donation to the Beautiful Foundation, to be used for educational support projects for low-income students who dream of becoming design experts.
- In July 2017, she donated 100 million won to Seoul National University Children’s Hospital.
- In 2016, Song starred in the mega-hit romantic comedy series Descendants of the Sun, an intense drama about an army captain (played by Song Joong-ki) and a surgeon who fall in love while working in disaster-torn areas.
- In 2017, she made into Forbes magazine’s Korea Power Celebrity list at the 7th spot.
- In 2021, Hye-kyo starred in SBS romantic drama Now, We Are Breaking Up, playing a team leader of design department of a fashion company.
- In 2022, she reunited with Descendants of the Sun writer Kim Eun-sook in the Netflix series The Glory.
- In March 2022, Song donated 100 million won to Korean Red Cross to the help the victims of the massive wildfire that started in Uljin, Gyeongbuk and has spread to Samcheok, Gangwon.