Lee Ji-eun is a South Korean singer-songwriter, record producer, and actress. In 2007, she signed with LOEN Entertainment (now Kakao Entertainment) as a trainee and debuted as a singer at the age of fifteen with her first extended play (EP) Lost and Found. Although her follow-up albums, Growing Up and IU…IM, brought mainstream success, it was only after the release of “Good Day” (Korean: 좋은 날), the lead single from her 2010 album Real, that she achieved national stardom.
IU, Nation’s Little Sister, Jingjjang, Gasiyu
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Voice Actress, Philanthropist
K-Pop, R&B, Soul
Kakao M (Fave Entertainment), Universal Music Japan, Warner Music Taiwan
Birthday / Date of Birth
Lee Ji-eun was born on the 16th of May 1993, in Gwangjin District, Seoul, South Korea.
She’s currently 29 years old.
She has South Korean ancestry.
In 2012, Ji-eun graduated from the Dongduk Girls’ High School, Seoul.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lee Ji-eun has dated –
- Jang Kiha (2013-2017) – In 2013, Lee started dating radio show host and lead vocalist of South Korean indie rock band Kiha & The Faces, Jang Kiha. Lee Ji-eun, who is 11 years younger than Jang, met Jang on the radio show hosted by him. In October 2015, she confirmed their relationship on her social media account and stated that it was love at first sight for her. In 2017, however, the pair broke up.
- Lee Jong-suk (2022-Present) – In December 2022, Ji-eun and actor Lee Jong-suk were dating after they reportedly spent Christmas together in Nagoya, Japan. In January 2023, the couple’s agencies confirmed their relationship.
- In feet – 5 feet 3¾ inches
- In centimeters – 162 cm
- In meters – 1.62 m
- In Kilograms – 45 kg
- In Pounds – 99 lbs
- Measurements – 30-23-32
- Bust – 30 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 32 inches
- Bra Size – 30A
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Lee became known for accolades to her name including Mnet Asian Music Award (2017) for Best Female Artist, Korean Music Award (2018) for Best Pop Album (Palette), and KBS Drama Award (2014) for Best New Actress. She has appeared in many commercials and has produced numerous hits songs like You and I, Through the Night, Can’t Love You Anymore, and Palette.
On April 23, 2009, Ji-eun first studio album Growing Up was released with LOEN Entertainment. The album has 16 songs with 2 instrumental numbers. She began her album promotion the next day, performing “Boo” on KBS2’s Music Bank. The song was noted for its stark contrast in musical style to “Lost Child”, which was described as a “heavy” and “dark” ballad compared to the 1980s “retro sound” of “Boo”.
In 2017, Lee made a cameo appearance in the Korean film Real. In 2012, she made her debut as a voice artist in the animation film A Turtle’s Tale 2: Sammy’s Escape from Paradise (Korean version) as the voice of Ella.
In 2009, Ji-eun made her first TV show appearance as a host on the MBC Game show IU Star Nutrition.
Lee has done endorsement work for several brands such as Crown Confectionery’s MyChew candy, Crown Bakery, Y’sb, Alicia: The Story of My Horse and I video game, Nexon’s Dungeon Fighter Online, Unionbay Sportswear, Le Coq Sportif, SK Telecom, Namyang Dairy’s Yogurt Bulgaris, S-Oil, Homeplus, Guess, Elite, The Saem cosmetic, Hoo Roo Rook products, Samsung Electronics, Qdsuh, Unionbay Sportswear, ISOI cosmetics, Global StarCraft II League, SK Planet online store, Mexicana Chicken restaurant chain, MDR series headphones, and Sbenu footwear.
Lee Ji-eun Net worth
Lee Ji-eun has an estimated net worth of $15 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lee Ji-eun
- At an early age, IU showed interest in pursuing a career in the entertainment industry and began attending acting classes.
- Her family’s financial situation deteriorated, and they eventually moved to the nearby Uijeongbu, in Gyeonggi Province. She and her younger brother lived apart from their parents in a studio room with their grandmother and cousin for over one year in conditions of great poverty.
- In 2007, Lee got her break when she was just 15 years old, after LOEN Entertainment signed her as a trainee and her debut EP Lost and Found was released the same year.
- In 2008, she was honored by South Korea’s Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism for her work in music.
- She has also financially assisted students from underdeveloped families from her high school.
- In 2013, Lee was elected as an honorary member of the police force.
- In 2014, she was given a 2-year term as the honorary senior police officer.
- Ji-eun has been an all-time topper on the Billboard’s chart of Korea K-Pop Hot 100 as the artist who has produced and has managed to hold the most number-one songs for maximum weeks.
- In September 2016, IU starred as the lead role, Hae Soo, in Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, a Korean adaptation of the Chinese novel Bu Bu Jing Xin.
- Ji-eun supports many organizations like Green Umbrella Children’s Fund, to which she donated about US$88,000 in 2015 and 2018 collectively.
- In March 2018, she starred in tvN’s My Mister, playing the character Lee Ji-an.
- In 2022, Lee was recipient of the Visionary Award, instituted by CJ ENM which recognizes talents from the Korean film and television industry for their contributions to leading trends and spearheading innovations.
- On January 27, 2023, Ji-eun was confirmed that IU would star in Lim Sang-choon’s upcoming television series.