Bae Suzy is a South Korean singer, actress and model. She was a member of the girl group Miss A under JYP Entertainment. She made her debut as an actress with television series Dream High and has gone on to appear in series such as Gu Family Book, While You Were Sleeping, Uncontrollably Fond, Vagabond, Start-Up, and Anna. Since her successful film debut, she has been hailed as “The Nation’s First Love” in her home country.
Bae Suzy, CF Queen, Icon of First Love
Singer, Actress, Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Bae Suzy was born on the 10th of October 1994, in Buk District, Gwangju, South Korea.
She’s currently 28 years old.
She has South Korean ancestry.
Suzy went to the School of Performing Arts Seoul and graduated from there in 2013.
- Father – Jeong Hyun-sook (Taekwondo Grandmaster who has his own gymnasium)
- Mother – Bae Wan-young
- Siblings – Bae Su-bin (Older Sister), Bae Sang-moon (Younger Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bae Suzy has dated –
- Jun Sung (2013) – In 2013, Bae was linked with the actor, Jun Sung. They were also spotted on a rumored date by the Korean media. Her representatives eventually released a statement insisting that they were just good friends.
- Lee Min-ho (2015-2017) – In March 2015, Suzy was in a relationship with the actor, Lee Min-ho. The rumors of them being a couple had been doing rounds since the start of the year. They were pictured together by the paparazzi in Seoul as well as London. In March 2016, it was rumored that they had got engaged after they were spotted wearing matching rings. By the end of 2017, it was revealed that they had separated.
- Lee Dong-wook (2018) – In March, it was confirmed by their representatives that Suzy and actor, Lee Dong-wook were dating. They had met through mutual friends and had gone on a couple of dates before confirming their relationship to the public. It was announced in July by their representatives that Lee and Suzy had separated.
- In feet – 5 feet 6¼ inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 48 kg
- In Pounds – 106 lbs
- Measurements – 32-23-33
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
She has tried other hair colors as well.
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Bae became known after Being a member of the girl band, Miss A. The band is best known for the success of their second studio album, Hush, which went on to peak at the second spot on Korean music charts. She Having played the leading role in the South Korean period drama movie, The Sound of a Flower. She also cast in the starring roles in the popular TV shows such as Uncontrollably Fond and While You Were Sleeping.
In July 2011, Suzy music band released their debut studio album, A Class. The album peaked at the 9th spot on the South Korean music charts. In January 2017, as a solo artist, she released her debut EP, Yes? No?. It peaked at the 2nd spot on Korean chart and 15th position on US World chart.
In 2012, Bae made her theatrical film debut in the South Korean romantic movie, Architecture 101.
In 2010, Suzy made her first TV show appearance as a host in the music TV series, Show! Music Core.
She has done endorsement work for several brands such as Sprite, The Face Shop, Chum Churumand many others..
Bae Suzy Net worth
Bae Suzy has an estimated net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bae Suzy
- Bae was born in Buk District, Gwangju, South Korea. She holds a 2nd-degree black belt in taekwondo.
- Before she got her breakthrough as a singer and actress, she used to work as an online shopping mode
- In 2009, she auditioned for Mnet Superstar K and made it through the preliminary round but she was ultimately eliminated. However, she caught the attention of a scout from JYP Entertainment and soon became a trainee.
- In March 2010, Suzy became a member of the formed group Miss A.
- In October 2010, she became the fixed host for MBC Show! Music Core alongside Minho and Onew, both members of Shinee, and Jiyeon, of T-ara.
- In August 2013, it was announced that she had been made the honorary ambassador for the Korean National Police Agency.
- In 2015, Suzy was made a member of the Community Chest of Korea’s Honor Society . The exclusive membership is reserved for those who have donated over W100 million to the charitable causes.
- In January 2016, Bae released a digital single titled Dream in collaboration with Exo’s Baekhyun.
- In September 2016, her wax figure was unveiled at Madame Tussauds Hong Kong. She became the first Korean celebrity to have her statue installed at the iconic Madame Tussauds.
- In February 2017, Bae released a duet with singer Park Won, titled Don’t Wait for Your Love.
- In 2020, she starred in the drama Start Up as an aspiring entrepreneur who dreams of becoming Korea’s Steve Jobs by creating a start-up.
- On February 17, 2022, she made her comeback as a singer after 4 years with a single titled “Satellite”.
- In February 2023, Bae donated ₩100 million to help in the 2023 Turkey–Syria earthquake through UNICEF of Korea.