Petra Costa is a Brazilian actress and filmmaker whose work lives on the borderlines of fiction and nonfiction. She has been a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (the organization behind the Oscars). Her latest film, the Academy Awards Nominated documentary The Edge of Democracy is a Netflix Original documentary.
Ana Petra Andrade Costa
Birthday / Date of Birth
Petra Costa was born on the 8th of July 1983, in Belo Horizonte, State of Minas Gerais, Brazil.
She’s currently 36 years old.
Petra started her training in theater in Brazil at the age of fourteen and later went to the Dramatic Arts School at the University of São Paulo. She completed her undergraduate studies Summa Cum Laude in Anthropology at Barnard College, Columbia University, New York and completed her masters in Social Psychology at the London School of Economics focusing her studies on the concept of trauma.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Elena Andrade (Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Petra Costa has dated –
Petra has largely opted to keep her personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 33B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Petra well known for her role in The Edge of Democracy, Elena, Undertow Eyes, Olmo and the Seagull. Petra received best short documentary at the Cine Las Americas International Film Festival (USA).
In 2005, Petra had her first feature film onscreen role in the film, Dom Quixote de Bethelehem.
Petra Costa Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite TV Show – The Simpsons & Average Joe
- Favorite Place – Paris
- Favorite Color – Black & White
Petra Costa Net worth
Petra Costa has an estimated net worth of $0.5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Petra Costa
- Petra won best documentary at the Rio Film Festival, best documentary at the Cairo Film Festival and best narrative at the RiverRun International Film Festival.
- Petra ranked among Variety’s 10 documentary filmmakers to watch.
- In 2009, she made her acting with the short film, Undertow Eyes Directed by Petra Costa.
- In 2012, she played the role in the documentary film, Elena directed by Petra Costa. It is based on the life of the actress Elena Andrade, Petra Costa’s older sister.
- In 2014, the publisher Arquipélago launched the book Elena de Petra Costa (Petra Costa’s Elena) with essays on the film, the full script and bonus content seen for the first time.
- In 2015, Petra made her feature film onscreen role in the film, Olmo and the Seagull.
- In 2019, Petra appeared in her acting role in the documentary film, The Edge of Democracy directed by Petra Costa.