Lucy Lawless is a New Zealand actress and singer. She portrayed the title character in television series Xena: Warrior Princess; cylon model Number Three D’Anna Biers on the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica series and Lucretia in the television series Spartacus: Blood and Sand, its prequel Spartacus: Gods of the Arena and its sequel Spartacus: Vengeance.
Lucy had recurring roles as Diane Lewis-Swanson on the NBC sitcom Parks & Recreation and as Countess Palatine Ingrid Von Marburg on the WGN America supernatural series Salem. She starred as Ruby on the Starz horror-comedy series Ash vs Evil Dead.
Lucille Frances Lawless
Birthday / Date of Birth
Lucy Lawless was born on the 29th of March 1968, in Mount Albert, Auckland, New Zealand.
She’s currently 52 years old.
She has English and Irish ancestry.
Lucy went to Marist College, Mount Albert, Aukland, New Zealand. She also attended William Davis Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, to study drama.
- Father – Frank Ryan (Mayor, Banker)
- Mother – Julie Ryan (Teacher)
- Siblings – She has 4 brothers and 1 sister.
- Relatives – Timothy Ryan (Paternal Grandfather), Gladys Ida Cartwright (Paternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lucy Lawless has dated –
- Garth Lawless (1988-1995) – Lucy was only 19 when she got pregnant by her former spouse Garth Lawless while they were working together in the Australian outback. After they decided to tie the knot in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia in 1988, the two returned to New Zealand where their daughter Daisy was born. They divorced in 1995 following 7 years of marriage.
- Robert G. Tapert (1998-Present) – In March 1998, Lucy married Xena‘s executive producer and Pacific Renaissance Pictures CEO Robert Tapert. They have 2 sons together named Julius Robert Bay Tapert (b. October 16, 1999) and Judah Miro Tapert (May 7, 2002) who were both born in Auckland, New Zealand.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 60 kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 34-27-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Lucy well known for her Portraying the character of Xena in the fantasy television series Xena: Warrior Princess (1995-2001).
Lucy has lent her voice to songs like Little Child, Things We Should Do and 4 All of Us.
In 1991, Lucy made her theatrical film debut as Joe’s Girl in the drama film, The End of the Golden Weather.
In 1989, Lucy made her television show debut as a cast member of New Zealand’s sketch comedy series, Funny Business.
Lucy Lawless has work for TV commercial brand such as Philips (1993).
Lucy Lawless Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Lucy Lawless Net worth
Lucy Lawless has an estimated net worth of $18 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lucy Lawless
- Lucy started acting in secondary school and performed her first musical at the age of 10.
- She won a Saturn Award in the Best Supporting Actress on Television category for her portrayal of the character Lucretia in Spartacus: Blood and Sand.
- Lucy was given the Star 100-Ally of the Year award during the Australian LGBTI Awards Ceremony.
- Lucy is a member and one of the board of trustees of the Starship Foundation, one of the charities associated with the Starship Children’s Health Hospital.
- In 2000, she played the role in the horror film, Ginger Snaps directed by John Fawcett and starring Emily Perkins and Katharine Isabelle.
- In 2005, she had a recurring role in the television series Battlestar Galactica.
- In 2007, Lucy was to appear as one of the leads in the ensemble cast of the ABC television series, Football Wives.
- In 2009, Lucy appeared in two episodes of the final season of The L Word as Sergeant Marybeth Duffy.
- In 2009, Lucy guest-starred in the HBO series, Flight of the Conchords as Paula assistant to the Prime Minister of New Zealand.
- In 2012, Lucy had recurring roles as Diane Lewis-Swanson on the NBC sitcom Parks and Recreation.
- In 2014, Lucy voiced the militaristic Queen of the Ants in the American animated TV series, Adventure Time on the Cartoon Network.
- In 2015, Lucy landed the recurring guest role of Countess Palatine Ingrid Von Marburg in WGN America’s Salem.
- In 2015, Lucy starred as Ruby on the Starz horror-comedy series, Ash vs Evil Dead.
- In March 2015, it was announced that she would be portraying the role of Ruby in Starz horror-comedy series, Ash vs Evil Dead.
- In 2019, Lucy made her acting with the crime comedy-drama television series, My Life Is Murder, broadcast on Network Ten.