Sriti Jha is an Indian television actress who appears in Indian soap operas. She rose to prominence with her roles in the shows Jiya Jale, Jyoti, Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava?, Balika Vadhu and Kumkum Bhagya. She won the Indian Telly Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role for portraying Pragya in Zee TV’s Kumkum Bhagya.
Titu, Jhalli, Fuggi, Hawa Hawaai, Lady Mogambo
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sriti Jha was born on the 26th of February 1986, in Darbhanga, Bihar, India.
She’s currently 33 years old.
Sriti studied at the Modern Indian School in Kathmandu before moving to Delhi where she joined Laxman Public School. She completed her bachelor of arts in English from Sri Venkateshwara College, New Delhi.
- Father – Mithilesh Jha
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sriti Jha has dated –
- Vikrant Massey (2007-2008) – Sriti was rumored to have been dating her Dhoom Machao Dhoom co-star Vikrant Massey while working together from 2007 to 2008. During that time, the duo was also said to have been allegedly ‘married to one another’ according to actor Samir Sharma who had put up a post on his Facebook profile asking people to congratulate Vikrant and Sriti on their marriage. However, it turned out that the news was fake and he had received the wrong information.
- Harshad Chopda – In the past, Sriti was said to be dating her on-screen love interest in Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava? (2011). Though due to the lack of evidence, nothing can be exactly be said about the duo’s life off-screen.
- Kunal Karan Kapoor (2018) – Actor Kunal Karan Kapoor and Sriti were believed to have been in a long-term relationship with one another. However, there is no concrete evidence apart from a couple of friendly pictures that had been uploaded to Sriti’s social media. Though, what astonishes fans is that, despite the widely spread rumors, neither of the two had come forth to denounce the speculations.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Best known for her roles as Sudha / Devika in Jyoti, as Jhanvi Dobriyal / Sia Raghavendra in Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava and as Pragya Arora Mehra in Kumkum Bhagya.
She hasn’t yet acted in feature films.
In 2007, sriti made her debut TV show appearance as Malini Sharma in Disney India’s Dhoom Machaao Dhoom.
Sriti has endorsed a number of brands and products including Accessorize India, Kalki and Belleza among others.
Awards & Nominations
|2015||Indian Telly Awards||Best Actress In Lead Role||Kumkum Bhagya||Won|
|Best Jodi (With Shabbir Ahluwalia)||Won|
|2016||Gold Awards||Face of the Year||Won|
|2018||Best Actress in Lead Role||Won|
|Best Onscreen Jodi (With Shabbir Ahluwalia)||Won|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actress (Jury)||Won|
|2019||Indian Telly Awards||Best Actress In Lead Role Female (Popular)||Won|
|Best Jodi (With Shabbir Ahluwalia)||Won|
Sriti Jha Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp, Hrithik Roshan
- Favorite Actress – Waheeda Rehman, Meryl Streep, Deepika Padukone
- Favorite Movies – Pyaasa, Kaagaz Ke Phool, Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron, Chupke Chupke, Andaaz Apna Apna
- Favorite Books – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger, The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot, The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank, The Story of My Life by Hellen Keller
- Favorite Colors – White, Black, Red, Blue
- Favorite Food – Aloo Gobi, Samosa, Dal Chawal
Sriti Jha Net worth
Sriti Jha has a estimated net worth of $1 million dollars as of 2019. She is one of the highest paid actresses in Indian television industry who charges over Rs 75 thousand per episode.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sriti Jha
- She spent 10 years of her childhood in Kolkata before shifting to Kathmandu, and finally settling in Delhi. After graduating from college, she got her big break in the film industry and moved to Mumbai.
- During her college days, Jha enrolled to an English dramatics society called Verbum where she was named as its President.
- In 2004, she joined an English dramatics fellowship called ‘Verbum’ in Delhi. Later, she was chosen as the president of the society. She had also won the “Best Actor” award at the Delhi University dramatics circuit for the character she portrayed in the play Ritual In Blood.
- Sriti got a chance to act in the Disney India’s teen drama Dhoom Machaao Dhoom whilst still in college.
- She has received many awards including Indian Telly Awards and Zee Rishtey Awards for her performance in the popular TV series, Kumkum Bhagya.
- In 2008, she took part alongside actress Rubina Dilaik in the dance show Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan.
- In 2009 she played Suhani in Star Plus’s Shaurya Aur Suhani.
- Sriti Jha was highly praised for her stellar performance in Life OK’s Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava, where she played a victim of domestic violence.
- She is a book worm who manages to squeeze out time from her busy schedule to catch up on her reading.
- She is a feminist and humanitarian who supports gender equality and the LGBTQ community.
- In 2015, she received Indian Telly Award, Television Style Award and Zee Rishtey Award for Best Actress for her performance in the serial Kumkum Bhagya.
- In 2019, she took part at the Spoken Fest which was held at the Jio Garden in Mumbai. Sriti recited a poem titled ‘ChhabiGumGayi’ which was based on the acceptance of Indian lesbianism.