Shelley Regner is an American actress and singer, known for her role as Ashley in the musical films Pitch Perfect and its two sequels Pitch Perfect 2 and Pitch Perfect 3. Shelley is also known as a member of Disney’s acappella group, DCappella.
Shelley Anne Regner
Capella, Musical, Pop-Opera
Disney Music Group
Birthday / Date of Birth
Shelley Regner was born on the 21st of December 1988, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States.
She’s currently 34 years old.
Regner went to Parkview Baptist High School. Later, she got enrolled at Louisiana State University from where she graduated in 2011 with a degree in theatre.
- Father – Donald Regner (Businessman)
- Mother – Jan Regner
- Siblings – Lauren Regner (Sister) (Performer)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shelley Regner has dated –
- Nick Bredosky (2016-Present) – Although Shelley tries to keep her personal life away from the public eye, she often posts pictures with Nick Bredosky, whom she started dating in 2016. The couple celebrated their 2 years of togetherness in August 2018 and Shelley also shared a picture on her Instagram handle with her man to mark their anniversary.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 167 cm
- In meters – 1.67 m
- In Kilograms –55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 33C
Dark Brown (Natural)
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Being cast in the role of Ashley in the musical comedy movie, Pitch Perfect and its subsequent 2 sequels. Having played the role of Mallorie Watson in the drama TV series, Youthful Daze.
In 2012, Shelley made her film debut as Ashley in the comedy-drama movie, Pitch Perfect.
In 2012, Regner made her first TV show appearance in Pinup Problems episode of the reality TV series, Tattoo Nightmares.
Shelley has used her social media activity to promote brands such as Isagenix.
Shelley Regner Favorites
- Favorite Actor – George Clooney
- Favorite Actress – Kate Winslet
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna
- Favorite Role – Amy in Stephen Sondheim’s musical Company
- Favorite Color – Pink
Shelley Regner Net worth
Shelley Regner has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shelley Regner
- While she was a senior in high school, she was the president of the Thespian Club.
- After completing the shooting of Pitch Perfect, she decided to move to Los Angeles and was signed up with Studio Talent Group which was referred to her by LSU professor, Rick Holden, who was also her acting mentor.
- When she was in her freshman year at Louisiana State University, she wasn’t sure which course she should pursue. So, she took a year off theatre and realized that she can’t live without acting, which ultimately helped her make the decision.
- She first performed on the stage when she was 6 years old at Jeffie Jean Studio in Baton Rouge.
- After graduating from university, she started working as a waitress so as to earn enough money to move to Los Angeles. She even moved in with her mother to save more money.
- Regner initially thought that she was auditioning for the role of an extra but then, she received a call informing her that she would be cast as one of the girls in the lead group.
- Although she impressed everyone with her beatboxing skills in Pitch Perfect, she had no prior experience of the art and had to learn it especially for the role.
- In 2010, she played the role of Crystal in Little Shop of Horrors at the Ascension Community Theatre.
- In 2014, she performed in the musical Spank, a spoof of Fifty Shades of Grey.
- In April 2018, Regner joined Disney Music Group’s new a cappella group, DCappella as a mezzo alongside The Voice finalist Orlando Dixon, Newsies performer Morgan Keene, and vocalists Antonio Fernandez, RJ Woessner, Sojourner Brown and Joe Santoni.
- In March, 2019, Regner left DCappella and was replaced by Kalen Kelly.