Saif Ali Khan is an Indian film actor and producer. Khan made his acting debut in Yash Chopra’s drama Parampara but achieved success with his roles in the romantic drama Yeh Dillagi and the action film Main Khiladi Tu Anari. He career prospect declined through much of the 1990s and his biggest commercial success of the decade came with the ensemble drama Hum Saath-Saath Hain. In January 2020, Khan has two upcoming Projects Tanhaji in which he will portray Udaybhan Singh Rathore. He will next star in Jawani Jaaneman a family comedy produced under his new company, Black Knight Films.
Sajid Ali Khan
Saif, Saifu, Chote Nawab, Nawab of Pataudi
Birthday / Date of Birth
Saif Ali Khan was born on the 16th of August 1970, in New Delhi, India.
He’s currently 52 years old.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Khan is of predominantly Bengali descent on his mother’s side and on his father’s side he is of Pathan descent.
Saif studied at Lawrence School, Sanawar in Himachal Pradesh, India. At the age of nine, he was sent to Lockers Park School, Hertfordshire, UK. He graduated from Winchester College, United Kingdom which is an independent boarding school.
- Father – Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi (Former cricketer and former Indian cricket team selector)
- Mother – Sharmila Tagore (Actress)
- Siblings – Saba Ali Khan (Younger Sister) (Fashion Designer), Soha Ali Khan (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Relatives – Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi (Paternal Grandfather) (Former Indian Cricket Team Captain), Sajida Ali Khan (Maternal Grandmother), Gitindranath Tagore (Maternal Grandfather) (General Manager in the British India Corporation), Ira Tagore (Maternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Saif Ali Khan has dated –
- Amrita Singh (1991-2004) – Saif then met actress Amrita while he was shooting for the movie, Bekhudi. The fact that she was 12+ years older than him and he hadn’t even made his debut was the subject of a lot of gossips. When he decided to marry her, his mother had warned him that he was making a mistake. They got married in October 1991. In 1993, they welcomed their first child, daughter Sara Ali Khan. In 2001, she gave birth to a son, Ibrahim. However, their marriage came to an end a couple of years later in 2004.
- Rani Mukerji (2004) – In 2004, he was rumored to be dating actress Rani Mukerji. It was claimed that they had grown close while shooting for the romantic drama movie, Hum Tum.
- Preity Zinta (2005) – In 2005, he was linked with actress Preity Zinta. Their sizzling chemistry in the movie Salaam Namaste was the result of their off-screen affair.
- Rosa Catalano (2004-2007) – Saif affair with Italian model Rosa Catalano was the cause of his divorce from Amrita. He had met her in Kenya during a show. He started living with Rosa and made their relationship public in 2005 in an interview with Deccan Chronicle. Saif’s relationship with Rosa came to an end in mid-2007.
- Kareena Kapoor (2007-Present) – Saif Ali Khan started dating actress Kareena Kapoor in 2007. Their affair had started on the sets of the action drama movie, Tashan. After a couple of months of dating, they decided to give the live in relationship a try. In October 2012, they got married in a lavish and royal wedding, which was attended by the leading Bollywood celebrities. In December 2016, Kareena gave birth to their son, Taimur Ali Khan.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 73 kg
- In Pounds – 161 lbs
- Measurements – 42-16-34
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86.5 cm
His shoe size is 9.5 (US).
Saif fetched recognition with the films, Yeh Dillagi and Main Khiladi Tu Anari. Next, he played the lead role in the film Being Cyrus which was a highly applauded performance. The movie Dil Chahta Hai proved to be a turning point of his life.
In 1993, Saif made his film appearance in an important role in the romantic drama movie, Parampara. The movie had Aamir Khan, Sunil Dutt, Vinod Khanna and Raveena Tandon in the other important roles.
In 2008, Saif made his first television show appearance on the reality television show, Chala Change Ka Chakkar.
Saif Ali Khan has appeared in television commercials for the following brands- Indiabulls Home Loan, Lay’s, Asian Paints Royale, Taj Tea, Siyaram’s Suitings, Head & Shoulders, Amul Macho, Airtel, Pepsi, Appy Fizz, Royal Stag, Limca, Gwalior Suiting & Colgate toothpaste.
Saif Ali Khan Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Robert De Niro
- Favorite Actress – Sharmila Tagore
- Favorite Film – The Good, The Lord of the Rings, The Godfather (1972)
- Favorite Song – Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin
- Favorite TV Shows – Entourage, Sherlock Holmes, Hercule Poirot, 24, The X Files, Who’s The Boss
- Favorite Sport – Polo, Cricket
- Favorite Perfume – Chanel Sport, Issey Miyake
- Favorite Author – Leon Uris, Edgar Allan Poe, Leo Tolstoy, Umberto Eco, Salman Rushdie
- Favorite Book – The Holy Bible, War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie
- Favorite Fashion Designer – Yves Saint Laurent
- Favorite Restaurant – Zodiac Grill at the Taj Hotel in Mumbai
- Favorite Travel Destination – London, Los Angeles
- Favorite Color – Purple, Brown
- Favorite Food – Kebabs, Mutton Biryani, Bhindi (ladyfinger)
Saif Ali Khan Net worth
Saif Ali Khan has an estimated net worth of $140 million dollars as of 2023. He owns a lot of luxury vehicles that include fancy sedans and SUVs. His car collection includes Audi R8 Spyder, BMW 7 series, Lexus 470, Ford Mustang, Range Rover and Land Cruiser. Saif owns the Pataudi Palace (worth ₹800 Crore), a bungalow located at Bandra (worth ₹6 Crore), and two sublime bungalows designed by an Austrian architect.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Saif Ali Khan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Saif Ali Khan
- Saif started his acting career by appearing in a commercial for Gwalior Suiting. He had agreed to get featured in the advert on a family friend’s insistence.
- Saif Ali rose to fame with his acting in the films, Yeh Dillagi and Main Khiladi Tu Anari. His biggest breakthrough is considered to his work in Dil Chahta Hai.
- He played the role of the protagonist in the film Being Cyrus which was highly praised by the audience.
- He is a trained guitarist and has also performed in some concerts.
- He would have made his film debut in romantic drama Bekhudi in the leading role opposite Kajol who was also making her debut.
- In 2001, Khan appeared in Eeshwar Nivas box office flop Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega.
- In 2004, his romantic comedy Hum Tum proved to be Khan’s first success in which he played the sole male lead, earning him the National Film Award for Best Actor.
- In 2005, he performed at the HELP Telethon Concert which focused to raise money for the victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake.
- In February 2007, he was admitted to the hospital in Mumbai after he complained of chest pain.
- He has a tattoo of his wife Kareena name in Hindi on his left forearm.
- In 2007, he established his own production house, Illuminati Films in collaboration with the film producer Dinesh Vijan.
- In 2010, he was honored with a Padma Shri award which is the fourth highest civilian award given by the Indian government.
- In 2013, a quarrel resulted in a fight when he was asked to leave the VIP lounge at the Chowdhary Charan Singh airport in Lucknow.