Renée Zellweger is an American actress and producer. She is the recipient of numerous accolades, including an Academy Award and three Golden Globe Awards. Zellweger started off playing minor roles in several films, before she bagged the lead character in the film Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation. Her career witnessed a jumpstart when she relocated to Los Angeles. Her first major breakthrough came with the film, Jerry Maguire in which she played the love interest of Tom Cruise character. The role-play won her international acclaim and commendation. Zellweger was one of the highest-paid Hollywood actresses by 2007 and was named Hasty Pudding’s Woman of the Year in 2009. Zellweger won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for playing a loquacious farmer in the American Civil War drama Cold Mountain.
Renée Kathleen Zellweger
Birthday / Date of Birth
Renee Zellweger was born on April 25, 1969, in Katy, Texas, United States.
She’s currently 50 years old.
She is of Swiss descent on her father’s side, while she has Kven (Finnish), Norwegian, Swedish and Sami ancestry on her mother’s side.
Renee attended Katy High School in Katy, Texas. After high school, she enrolled at the University of Texas at Austin, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English in 1991.
- Father – Emil Erich Zellweger (Mechanical and Electrical Engineer and had worked in an oil refining company)
- Mother – Kjellfrid Irene (née Andreassen) (Nurse)
- Siblings – Adrien Zellweger (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Renee Zellweger has dated –
- Jack White (2003-2004) – Renee dated musician Jack for a year and a half from 2003 to December 2004. They still are good friends.
- Damien Rice (2004) – She was romantically linked to Irish singer, Damien Rice in 2004.
- Kenny Chesney (2005) – Renee started dating country musician Kenny Chesney in January 2005 when she met him at a telethon for victims of the Asian tsunami. Kenny, who had a long crush on her married Renee on May 9, 2005. But, the marriage ended after four months in September 2005, when Zellweger filed for divorce.
- John Krasinski (2007) – Renee and John worked on the 2008 movie Leatherheads and RUMORed to be dating in 2007 for a couple of months. They were seen together on different occasions.
- Paul McCartney (2007) – She met British musician Paul McCartney during Tom Petty’s concert in New York in August 2007 and had an encounter with him. He is 27 years older than her.
- André Balazs (2007) – Renee went on a date with Hungarian hotelier, Andre Balazs in late 2007 in New York City. The romance didn’t go far.
- Bradley Cooper (2009-2011) – From July 2009 to March 2011, Renee dated actor Bradley Cooper. They had various magazine covers together in 2009 in Star magazine and US magazine.
- Doyle Bramhall II (2012-Present) – Since 2012, she is dating musician Doyle Bramhall II.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 53 kg
- In Pounds – 117 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Her performance in Jerry Maguire (1996), Bridget Jones’s Diary (2001), Chicago (2002) and Miss Potter (2006).
She did her film debut with the 1992 TV film A Taste for Killing in which she played the role of Mary Lou.
She doesn’t appearance any television show.
She has appeared in Coors Light Beer commercial, beef advert and many others.
Renee Zellweger Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Jack Nicholson
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite Perfume – KL by Karl Lagerfeld
- Favorite Designer – Carolina Adriana Herrera
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Song – Kiss Me (By Ed Sheeran)
- Favorite Movies – Love & Sex (2000), Turn the River (2007)
Renee Zellweger Net worth
Renee Zellweger has a estimated net worth of $60 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
She is not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Renee Zellweger
- She was active in sports as a kid and played football, baseball, soccer, basketball and many others.
- She was also a cheerleader in high school. Besides that, she was also a gymnast, and a member of drama club and speech team.
- Renee has a pet dog of collie-golden retriever mix, named Dylan.
- In 2004, Zellweger won the Academy Award, the Golden Globe, the BAFTA Award and the SAG Award for Best Supporting Actress for Cold Mountain.
- In 2005, she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Zellweger took part in the 2005 HIV prevention campaign of the Swiss federal health department.
- In 2007, she received the Women in Film Crystal award.
- To raise awareness and money for Breast Health Institute, she joined hands with Tommy Hilfiger in April 2011.
- Her wedding ceremony lasted for only 15 minutes.
- She is friends with Reese Witherspoon.
- In 2019, Zellweger starred as Anne Montgomery in Mike Kelley’s Netflix thriller series What/If. She will next portray Judy Garland in the biopic Judy, directed by Rupert Goold.