Catherine Zeta-Jones is a Welsh actress. As a child, she played roles in the West End productions of the musicals Annie and Bugsy Malone. She studied musical theatre at the Arts Educational Schools, London, and made her stage breakthrough with a leading role in a 1987 production of 42nd Street. Her screen debut came in the unsuccessful French-Italian film 1001 Nights and she went on to find greater success as a regular in the British television series The Darling Buds of May.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Catherine Zeta-Jones was born on September 25, 1969, in Swansea, Wales, UK.
She’s currently 49 years old.
Bedford, New York, United States
She has Welsh ancestry on her father’s side while she is of Welsh and Irish descent on his mother’s side.
Zeta-Jones was a hyperactive child, her mother sent her to the Hazel Johnson School of Dance when she was four years old. She was educated at the Dumbarton House School, a private school in Swansea. Catherine then enrolled herself into Arts Educational Schools in Chiswick, London to do a course in Musical Theatre.
- Father – David Jones (Sweet-Factory Owner)
- Mother – Patricia (née Fair) (Seamstress)
- Siblings – David A. Jones (Older Brother) (Film Producer), Lyndon Jones (Younger Brother) (Stunt Performer)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Catherine Zeta-Jones has dated –
- John Leslie (1991-1993) – From 1991 to August 1993, she was romantically linked with Scottish actor, John Leslie.
- Angus Macfadyen (1995-1996) – She started dating another Scottish actor, Angus Macfadyen in 1995. They got engaged shortly after that but, they called off their engagement in 1996.
- Jon Peters (1996) – In 1996, she briefly dated American film producer, Jon Peters. He is about 24 years her senior.
- Mick Hucknall (1998) – In 1998, she had an encounter with English singer Mick Hucknall.
- Michael Douglas (1999-Present) – In March 1999, Catherine commenced dating American actor, Michael Douglas who is exactly 25 years her senior (They have their birthdays on September 25). However, they met in August 1998 during the Deauville Film Festival in France. The duo got engaged on December 31, 1999. On November 18, 2000, the couple got married at Plaza Hotel in New York City. The couple has two children, Dylan Michael (b. August 8, 2000) and daughter Carys Zeta (b. April 20, 2003). They had also reportedly split from May 2013 to early November 2013. As of now, they are living together happily.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 62 kg
- In Pounds – 137 lbs
- Measurements – 37-25-36
- Bust – 37 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Her acting roles in various films such as Griselda Blanco in The Godmother (2016), Patricia Whitmore in the Rock of Ages (2012) and various others.
Catherine debuted with French-Italian fantasy film Les 1001 nuits for her role as Scheherazade.
Jones played the role as Mariette in the ITV comedy drama series The Darling Buds of May (1991 to 1993).
Catherine has appeared in numerous TV commercials are: Alfa-Romeo Sportwagon, VoiceStream Wireless (2002), T Mobile (2002), Elizabeth Arden (2004), Lux, Sainsbury’s supermarkets & VISA.
Awards & Nominations
|1999||Blockbuster Entertainment Awards||Favorite Female Newcomer||The Mask of Zorro||Won|
|1999||Saturn Awards||Best Actress||The Mask of Zorro||Nominated|
|1999||MTV Movie Awards||Best Breakthrough Performance||The Mask of Zorro||Nominated|
|1999||MTV Movie Awards||Best Fight||The Mask of Zorro||Nominated|
|1999||European Film Awards||Best Actress – People’s Choice||Entrapment||Won|
|2000||Golden Raspberry Awards||Worst Actress||Entrapment/|
|2000||Blockbuster Entertainment Awards||Favorite Actress – Action||Entrapment||Won|
|2000||Blockbuster Entertainment Awards||Favorite Actress – Horror||The Haunting||Nominated|
|2001||Screen Actors Guild||Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture||Traffic||Won|
|2001||Golden Globe Awards||Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture||Traffic||Nominated|
|2001||Blockbuster Entertainment Awards||Favorite Supporting Actress – Drama||Traffic||Nominated|
|2001||Chicago Film Critics Association||Best Supporting Actress||Traffic||Nominated|
|2001||Dallas–Fort Worth Film Critics Association||Best Supporting Actress||Traffic||Nominated|
|2002||Empire Awards||Best British Actress||Traffic||Nominated|
|2002||Boston Society of Film Critics||Best Supporting Actress||Chicago||Runner-up|
|2003||Academy Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Chicago||Won|
|2003||British Academy Film Awards||Best Actress in a Supporting Role||Chicago||Won|
|2003||Critics’ Choice Movie Awards||Best Acting Ensemble||Chicago||Won|
|2003||Critics’ Choice Movie Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Chicago||Won|
|2003||Evening Standard British Film Awards||Best Actress||Chicago||Won|
|2003||Screen Actors Guild||Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture||Chicago||Won|
|2003||Screen Actors Guild||Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role||Chicago||Won|
|2003||Dallas–Fort Worth Film Critics Association||Best Supporting Actress||Chicago||Nominated|
|2003||Golden Globe Awards||Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy||Chicago||Nominated|
|2003||Online Film Critics Society||Best Supporting Actress||Chicago||Nominated|
|2005||Critics’ Choice Movie Awards||Best Acting Ensemble||Ocean’s Twelve||Nominated|
|2005||Hasty Pudding Theatricals||Woman of the Year||—||Won|
|2006||People’s Choice Awards||Favorite Female Action Star||The Legend of Zorro||Nominated|
|2007||Alliance of Women Film Journalists||Actress Most in Need Of A New Agent||—||Nominated|
|2010||Outer Critics Circle Awards||Outstanding Actress in a Musical||A Little Night Music||Won|
|2010||Drama Desk Awards||Outstanding Actress in a Musical||A Little Night Music||Won|
|2010||Tony Awards||Best Actress in a Musical||A Little Night Music||Won|
|2019||Women’s Image Awards||Actress Made For Television Movie / Mini-Series||Cocaine Godmother||Pending|
Catherine Zeta-Jones Favorites
- Favorite Perfume – Elizabeth Arden Pretty
- Favorite Sport – Rugby
- Favorite Candy Bar – Milky Way
- Favorite Book – The Great Gatsby (By Scott Fitzgerald)
- Favorite Flower – Rose
- Favorite Perfume – KL by Karl Lagerfeld
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Song – Kiss Me (By Ed Sheeran)
- Favorite Food – Salmon, Potato Chips
Catherine Zeta-Jones Net worth
Catherine Zeta-Jones has a estimated net worth of $45 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Catherine was actually named after her grandmothers, Catherine Fair and Zeta-Jones.
- At 12, Catherine Zeta-Jones commenced her acting career.
- She has a production company, entitled Milkwood Films.
- She is very skilled at tap-dancing. She was the tap dancing champion in Britain by the age of 11.
- In 2002, Catherine Zeta-Jones starred in the role of Velma Kelly in the film Chicago and it remains the most famous performance of his career.
- In 2005, Jones was entitled Hasty Pudding’s Woman of the Year.
- In 2010 Birthday Honours, she was chosen as the Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE).
- In 2012, she returned to films with the comedy Lay the Favourite but the films proved to be a disappointment.
- She relaxes by sleeping and reading.
- In 2013, Catherine Zeta-Jones starred in the movie Broken City, Side Effects and RED 2.
- Visit her official website @ catherinezetajones.com.