Courteney Cox is an American actress, producer and director. She is best known for her roles as Monica Geller on the NBC sitcom Friends, Gale Weathers in the horror series Scream and Jules Cobb in the ABC/TBS sitcom Cougar Town, for which she earned her first Golden Globe nomination. Cox also starred in the FX series Dirt. She owns a production company, called Coquette Productions, which was created by Cox and her then-husband David Arquette. Cox also worked as a director on her sitcom Cougar Town and the television film Talhotblond.
Courteney Bass Cox
Courteney Cox Arquette, CeCe, Courteney Bass Cox Arquette, Coco
Actress, Producer, Director
Birthday / Date of Birth
Courteney Cox was born on the 15th of June 1964, in Birmingham, Alabama, United States.
She’s currently 58 years old.
She has English ancestry.
Anglican / Episcopalian
Cox is a graduate of Mountain Brook High School, Alabama and later at Mount Vernon College in Washington, DC, where she majored in architecture. However, she eventually left college to pursue a full time career in modeling and acting.
- Father – Richard Lewis Cox (Businessman)
- Mother – Courteney Cox (née Bass, later Copeland)
- Siblings – Virginia Cox (Sister), Dottie Cox (Sister) and Richard Cox Jr. (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Courteney Cox has dated –
- Ian Copeland (1984-87) – A pioneering American music promoter and booking agent. The affair was three years long, all in the 1980s when Ian divorced with Connie, his wife. Interestingly, both were cousins.
- Paul Brown (1987-89) – An American football coach. Both dated each other after Cox broke up with Ian. Both stayed together for two years. Brown was coaching Bucs at the time of relation.
- Michael Keaton (1989-95) – An American actor. The couple was together for as long as six years. The actress got attracted towards the comic actor after she parted her ways from Paul, the American football coach.
- Kevin Costner (1995) – An American actor, singer, musician, producer, director, and businessman. The affair was a year long in which both dated each other on several occasions.
- Liev Schreiber (1996) – An American actor, producer, director, and screenwriter. Both were involved in a relationship with each other when Cox was in search for her so-called true love after she broke up with Keaton.
- Adam Duritz (1997) – An American musician, songwriter, record producer and film producer. Cox found herself close to the lead vocalist and piano artist of ‘Counting Crows’ in the years 1997. The affair was one year long before she met her last love and husband, David.
- David Arquette (1997-2010) – An American actor, film director, producer, screenwriter and fashion designer. Cox married her ‘Screams’ co-star on June 12, 1999. The wedding ceremony was held at Grace Cathedral in San Francisco. Both stayed together for 13 years, but the 13th year proved to be unlucky for the couple and they divorced. The couple had a daughter too.
- Josh Hopkins (2011-2012) – An American actor, Cox got into the relationship with ‘New York Undercover’ star Josh in 2011, one year after she called off her marriage with David Arquette. They separated in 2012.
- Brian Van Holt (2012-2013) – In December 2012, she started dating 5 years her junior actor, Brian Van Holt. They remained together for just less than a year until October 2013.
- Johnny McDaid (2013-Present) – After splitting from Brian, she was seen romancing Northern Irish musician Johnny McDaid in November 2013. They got engaged in June 2014. But, the engagement was called off in December 2015. He is 12 years her junior. In March 2016, they were seen together for an Easter Sunday and were often seen together thereafter.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 32-24-34
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Courteney is best known for her role as Monica Geller on the NBC sitcom series FRIENDS.
In 1986, Cox appeared Sylvan in Paradise a TV movie by playing the role of Lucy Apple.
In 1984, Cox appeared As The World Turns in the role of Bunny.
She has appeared in TV commercials for Pantene, Noxzema skin cream, The New York Telephone Co., Maybelline, Tampax, Coca-Cola, Head & Shoulders shampoo etc. She has also served as the spokesperson for Kinerase skin care products.
Courteney Cox Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Jack Nicholson
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite People – Audrey Hepburn & Bridgette Bardot (Fashion Idols)
- Favorite Movies – Fargo (1996) & Now, Voyager(1942)
- Favorite Bands – Foo Fighters, Ben Harper
- Favorite Songs – Both sides of the Gun (Ben Harper, 2006), Monkey (Counting Crows, 1995) & Everlong (The Foo Fighters, 1995)
Courteney Cox Net worth
Courteney Cox has a estimated net worth of $150 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Courteney Cox
- Cox spent her childhood days living in Mountain Brook, Alabama, a suburb of Birmingham.
- Courteney received her first Golden Globe nomination for her role of Jules Cobb in the ABC / TBS sitcom series Cougar Town.
- Cox Arquette owns a production company called Coquette Productions. It was created by herself with her ex-husband David Arquette.
- In 1997, she appeared in Scream 2, the sequel to the horror slasher Scream. Like its prequel, the film was met with positive reviews and also became a huge success commercially.
- In 2001, she appeared in the action adventure crime film 300 Miles to Graceland, which was directed by Demian Lichtenstein.
- In June 2012, Cox directed and made a cameo appearance in a Lifetime television movie called Talhotblond, which premiered on the network on June 23, 2012.
- In 2017, Courteney was a guest judge for the talent show The Gong Show.