Sharon Stone is an American actress, producer and former fashion model. She is the recipient of a Golden Globe Award and has received nominations for an Academy Award, a Primetime Emmy Award and two Screen Actors Guild Awards. After modelling in television commercials and print advertisements, she made her film debut as an extra in Woody Allen’s comedy-drama Stardust Memories. Her first speaking part was in Wes Craven’s horror film Deadly Blessing and throughout the 1980s, Stone went on to appear in films such as Irreconcilable Differences, King Solomon’s Mines, Cold Steel, Action Jackson and Above the Law. She found mainstream prominence with her part in Paul Verhoeven’s action film Total Recall.
Sharon Yvonne Stone
Actress, Former Model, Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sharon Stone was born on March 10, 1958, in Meadville, Pennsylvania, United States.
She’s currently 61 years old.
West Hollywood, California, United States
She has German, English, Irish and Scottish ancestry.
She had converted to Buddhism after Richard Gere had introduced her to The Dalai Lama.
Sharon Stone went to the Brookhauser Elementary in the Saegertown Schools. She later studied at the Saegertown High School and graduated in 1975. Sharon then got enrolled at the Edinboro University.
- Father – Joseph William Stone II (Factory worker and tool and die manufacturer)
- Mother – Dorothy Marie Lawson (Accountant)
- Siblings – Kelly Stone (Younger Sister), Patrick Stone (Younger Brother), Mike Stone (Older Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sharon Stone has dated –
- Hart Bochner (1988) – Sharon Stone dated actor Hart Bochner in 1988. They had reportedly grown close while shooting for the TV mini-series, War and Remembrance. However, the things didn’t end well between them as he called her ‘the anti-christ’ on a number of occasions.
- Michael Greenburg (1984-1990) – Stone first met her first husband Michael Greenburg, who is a producer, in 1984 while working on the TV film, The Vegas Strip War. She was the female lead in the movie and he was producing the project. They got married in the same year. However, they decided to separate after three years. Their divorce was eventually finalized in 1990.
- Dwight Yoakam (1992) – Stone first met country singer Dwight Yoakam at the photoshoot for the Ebel watches. They started their short-lived affair that lasted for about six weeks. They were even pictured together on the red carpet of that year’s Academy Awards. However, after their breakup, she was very severe in comments about Yoakam. In one such comment, she claimed that a dirt sandwich was better than Dwight Yoakam. She later moaned that she still had to see images of such an unimportant relationship in the press.
- Paul Verhoeven (1992) – Stone reportedly had an affair with director Paul Verhoeven in 1992. Verhoeven had directed Stone in Basic Instinct and their romance had blossomed on the sets of the movie. She has revealed in her interviews that the iconic leg-crossing scene in the movie was due to his insistence. He hadn’t initially told her his intentions and asked her to remove her underwear as the white color of it didn’t look good on camera. He had promised her that nothing would be shown in the movie. So, she was stunned when she saw her private parts in the movie premiere. She was shocked and went into the booth and slapped him.
- Bill MacDonald (1993-1994) – Towards the end of 1993, Sharon’s another affair was firmly on the covers of tabloids. It was reported that movie producer Bill MacDonald, who had served as a producer of her movie, Sliver had left his wife Naomi Baka to live with Stone. In an interesting turn of events, Baka started an affair with movie’s scriptwriter Joe Eszterhas, leading to the end of his 24 years old marriage. Bill and Sharon had even got engaged. Upon their breakup in 1994, Sharon returned the engagement ring through a FedEx delivery.
- Bob Wagner (1994-1995) – In 1994, Stone started going out with Bob Wagner. They had grown close while shooting for the movie, The Quick and the Dead. Bob was attached as the first assistant director of the project. Their relationship lasted for about a year. But during that short time, they managed to even get engaged.
- John F. Kennedy, Jr. (1995) – Sharon had an affair with lawyer and journalist John F. Kennedy, Jr., who was also the son of President John F. Kennedy, in the summer of 1995. They had met while they were vacationing at Martha’s Vineyard.
- Eric Clapton (1996) – In 1996, Sharon Stone was linked with English singer Eric Clapton. They were even spotted leaving in a car after a date at high profile restaurant in London.
- Dweezil Zappa (1996) – In the summer of 1996, Stone was going out with rock guitarist. They made their relationship public in May after arriving at the Mission: Impossible Los Angeles premiere as a couple. However, their relationship lasted for a few months only.
- Phil Bronstein (1998-2004) – Sharon got married to Phil Bronstein, the executive editor of The San Francisco Examiner, on the Valentine’s Eve in 1998. In 2000, they decided to adopt a baby son, Roan Joseph Bronstein. In 2003, Bronstein filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences. The divorce was eventually granted in 2004. Shortly after the divorce, she temporarily lost the custody of their son Roan. The judge had ruled that Roan would live with his father and Stone was given visitation rights.
- Adrien Brody (2003) – In 2003, actors Adrien Brody and Sharon Stone were seen together after Sharon’s then-husband, Phil Bronstein filed for divorce.
- Craig Ferguson (2005) – In 2005, Craig Ferguson asked out Sharon while she was making an appearance on his talk show, The Late Late Show. They went out for one dinner date and it was awkward enough that they decided against going ahead.
- Christian Slater (2006) – In the second half of 2006, Sharon was linked with actor Christian Slater. They had grown close while shooting for the movie, Bobby. They had been spotted out and about on numerous occasions before they finally confirmed that they were indeed going out. They also revealed that they planned to celebrate Christmas together.
- Rick Fox (2006-2007) – Sharon was linked with the former professional basketball player and actor Rick Fox on a couple of occasions in 2006 and 2007. They were first linked in October 2006 as it was claimed that they were spotted making out at the Hollywood hotspot Hyde nightclub.
- Jared Leto (2006) – Stone was reported to have hooked up with actor Jared Leto in September 2006. They were reported to have been spotted flirting up a storm at Los Angeles club Area.
- Larry Austin (2007) – In the summer of 2007, she was reported to be dating Larry Austin. Their relationship became the subject of news after they were spotted getting cozy during their vacations at a tropical resort. The paparazzi were also heavily criticized as topless pictures of Stone were taken without her permission.
- Shareef Malnik (2007) – Towards the end of 2007, Sharon was rumored to be going out with actor Shareef Malnik. They were spotted together on a couple of occasions including 13th Annual InterContinental Make-A-Wish Ball in November in Miami.
- Martin Mica (2012-2014) – Stone started going out with Argentine model Martin Mica in 2012. They had first met at Vogue Brazil party in Sao Paolo in the same year. Their relationship was widely discussed by the American and Argentine tabloids as 27 years old Mica was nearly three decades younger than Stone. In the start of 2017, it was reported that had broken up. However, a couple of days later, they put these rumors to rest by stepping out in Beverly Hills for a PDA packed outing. They eventually ended their relationship in February 2014. It was claimed that she was too busy. Plus, they didn’t have any common interest.
- Antonio Banderas (2014) – Shortly after the end of his marriage with Melanie Griffith, Antonio Banderas was rumored to have hooked up with Sharon Stone. They were even reported to have gone on a trip to mark the start of their relationship.
- David DeLuise (2014-2015) – After they were spotted on a date at Hugo’s Restaurant in the West Hollywood in December 2014, Stone was linked with actor David DeLuise. While leaving the restaurant, they were pictured cuddling and kissing in the car park. In January 2015, they were again spotted going out for a date. They were spotted holding hands as they left Mr. Chow restaurant in Beverly Hills. However, the reports of their relationship stopped within a couple of weeks.
- In feet – 5 feet 8½ inches
- In centimeters – 174 cm
- In meters – 1.74 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 36-25-35
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Dark Brown (Natural)
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Her electric and sultry performance in the erotic thriller movie, Basic Instinct, which established her as an enduring s*x symbol and having appeared in the female lead roles in the popular and successful movies such as Casino and The Muse.
In 1980, she made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the comedy-drama movie, Stardust Memories, which was written and directed by Woody Allen.
In 1982, Sharon Stone made her first TV show appearance in A Little Magic episode of the NBC sitcom, Silver Spoons.
Sharon Stone has appeared in the TV commercials for the following: Seagrams 7 Golden Wine Cooler, Ford models, Freixenet (Spanish), El Corte Inglés (Spanish), AOL, American Stroke Association, William Lawson, Banca 121 (Banca Del Salento), Pirelli, Dierre, Vernal (Japanese Cosmetics Brand), Dior Capture Totale, Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, Charlie fragrance, Alain Afflelou & Sprite.
Awards & Nominations
|Award||Year of Ceremony||Nominee/Work||Category||Result|
|Academy Awards||1996||Casino||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards||2007||Bobby||Best Acting Ensemble||Nominated|
|Chicago Film Critics Association Awards||1993||Basic Instinct||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Dallas-Fort Worth Film Critics Association Awards||1996||Casino||Best Actress||3rd Place|
|Golden Globe Awards||1993||Basic Instinct||Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama||Nominated|
|1996||Casino||Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama||Won|
|1999||The Mighty||Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture||Nominated|
|2000||The Muse||Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical||Nominated|
|Golden Raspberry Award||1988||Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold||Worst Actress||Nominated|
|1993||Basic Instinct||Worst New Star||Nominated|
|1995||Intersection & The Specialist||Worst Actress||Won|
|The Specialist||Worst Screen Combo||Won|
|1997||Diabolique & Last Dance||Worst New Star||Nominated|
|2005||Catwoman||Worst Support Actress||Nominated|
|Worst Screen Couple||Nominated|
|2007||Basic Instinct 2||Worst Actress||Won|
|Hollywood Film Awards||2006||Bobby||Ensemble of the Year||Won|
|MTV Movie Award||1993||Basic Instinct||Most Desirable Female||Won|
|Best Female Performance||Won|
|Best On-Screen Duo||Nominated|
|1994||Sliver||Most Desirable Female||Nominated|
|1995||The Specialist||Most Desirable Female||Nominated|
|1996||Casino||Best Female Performance||Nominated|
|Primetime Emmy Awards||2004||The Practice||Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series||Won|
|Saturn Award||1993||Basic Instinct||Best Actress||Nominated|
|1996||The Quick and the Dead||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Screen Actors Guild Award||2007||Bobby||Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture||Nominated|
|Stinkers Bad Movie Awards||1993||Sliver||Worst Actress||Won|
|1994||Intersection & The Specialist||Worst Actress||Won|
|Worst On-Screen Hairstyle||Nominated|
|1999||Gloria & The Muse||Worst Actress||Nominated|
|Worst On-Screen Female Hairstyle||Nominated|
|Gloria||Worst Fake Accent||Nominated|
|2005||Catwoman||Worst Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2006||Basic Instinct 2||Worst Actress||Nominated|
|Women Film Critics Circle Awards||2013||Lovelace||Film That Most Passionately Opposes Violence Against Women||Nominated|
Sharon Stone Favorites
- Favorite Facial Products – Dior Capture Totale Products
- Favorite Makeup Essentials – Brow Pencil from Dior
- Favorite Dior Products – Lip Glosses, DiorShow Mascara
- Favorite Fragrance – Aveda Energizing Oil
- Favorite Guilty Pleasure – Dark Chocolate
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Song – Kiss Me (By Ed Sheeran)
- Favorite Hair Products – Tancho Stick, Dry Shampoo from Bumble and Bumble, Blondish Hair Powder from Bumble and Bumble, John Frieda and PureOlogy shampoos and Conditioners
- Favorite Lipstick Color – Red
Sharon Stone Net worth
Sharon Stone has a estimated net worth of $60 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sharon Stone
- While growing up, she once claimed that she would become the next Marilyn Monroe.
- She was an academically gifted child and had got into second grade by the age of 5. By the age of 15, she had got admission at the Edinboro University.
- While studying in the university, she went on to win the title of Miss Crawford County, which made her eligible for the beauty pageant held for Miss Pennsylvania.
- In 1977, she moved to New Jersey in order to pursue a career in the field of modelling. She subsequently signed up with the Ford Modeling Agency in New York.
- She had auditioned for the role of Vicky Vale in 1989 classic Batman. She had also given the audition for the role of Alex Forrest in Fatal Attraction.
- In 1995, the French government honored her with the Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters for her immense contributions to the cinema.
- She is allergic to caffeine. She also suffers from diabetes and asthma.
- In 1995, she was honored with her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California.
- In 1995, they had included in the 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History list.
- In 1997, Sharon released her biography, The Sharon Stone Story, which was written by Mike Munn.
- In 1997, the Empire magazine included her on the list featuring The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time.
- In 1999, the Playboy magazine placed her on the 24th position in their list featuring 100 Sexiest Stars of the Century.
- In 1999, she earned a Golden Globe nomination for her role as Sarah Little in the comedy film, The Muse, which was directed by Albert Brooks. The film did not do well at the box office.
In 2000, she starred in the Emmy Award winning TV film, If These Walls Could Talk 2, which was broadcast on HBO. The film revolves around the lives of different lesbian couples.
- In September 2001, she had to be hospitalized for a subarachnoid hemorrhage. She was diagnosed with a vertebral artery dissection.
- In January 2005, she was widely criticized for soliciting pledge to raise $1 million for mosquito nets for Tanzania at the African poverty panel held at World Economic Forum in Davos. Even, UNICEF wasn’t impressed with the conversion of the panel into a fundraiser. At the event, she could only raise $250,000, which forced UNICEF to pay remaining $750,000 that led to the diversion of funds from other important projects. Also, the pledged mosquito nets weren’t delivered to the needy and some of them emerged as wedding dresses on the black market.
- She has done extensive activism and charity work for AIDS-related foundations. For her efforts, she received Humanitarian Award at the Memorial Church from Harvard Foundation in 2005.
- In March 2006, she traveled with Nobel Peace Prize winner Shimon Peres to Israel to promote peace in the Middle Eastern region.
- In 2007, she was honored by her alma mater Edinboro State University with an honorary Doctorate in Philosophy in public service.
- In 2008, she drew widespread criticism for saying in an interview conducted on sidelines of Cannes Film Festival that Sichuan earthquake was the result of the bad karma incurred by the Chinese for their woeful treatment of Tibet and The Dalai Lama.
- In 2009, she played the role of Nina Ferraro in the action-drama film, Streets of Blood, which was directed by Charles Winkler. The film was based on a story written by Hess and Dennis Fanning.
- In 2011, the Men’s Health magazine placed her on the 11th spot in 100 Hottest Women of All Time list.
- In September 2012, she fainted while attending a fashion show in Italy. She was suffering from severe head pains at the event.
- In January 2013, she played the role of Dorothy Boreman in the American biographical film based on the life of p*rnographic actress, Linda Susan Boreman known to the world as Linda Lovelace.
- In 2015, she managed to stage another impromptu fundraiser at the Pilosio Building Peace Award in Milan. This time, she managed to raise sufficient amount to build 28 schools in Africa.