Felicity Huffman is an American actress. She is the recipient of numerous accolades including a Primetime Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, three Screen Actors Guild Awards, and has received nominations for an Academy Award and a BAFTA Award. She began her acting career in theatre and in the 1990s also had many supporting roles in film and television.
She starred as Dana Whitaker in the comedy-drama Sports Night from 1998 to 2000, which earned her a Golden Globe Award nomination. She is best known for her role as Lynette Scavo in the ABC comedy-drama Desperate Housewives, for which she earned the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for the debut season of the series, three Screen Actors Guild Awards and three consecutive Golden Globe nominations.
Felicity Kendall Huffman
Birthday / Date of Birth
Felicity Huffman was born on 9th of December 1962, in Bedford, New York, United States.
She’s currently 57 years old.
New York City, New York, United States
Felicity Huffman has German, English, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Scottish, French, Dutch and Irish ancestry.
She attended The Putney School, a private boarding high school in Putney, Vermont, United States. Felicity then enrolled in Interlochen Arts Academy in Interlochen, Michigan, United States and graduated in 1981. After graduation, she attended New York University and received her bachelor of arts degree in Fine Arts for Drama in 1988. After getting the degree, Felicity studied drama at the Circle in the Square Theatre School in Manhattan, New York, United States.
- Father – Moore Peters Huffman (1910–1987) (Banker), Roger Tallman Maher (Biological)
- Mother – Grace née Ewing Valle (1921–2009) (Housewife)
- Siblings – Mariah Huffman (Older Sister), Betsy Huffman (Older Sister), Grace Huffman (Older Sister), Isabel Huffman (Older Sister), Jessie Huffman (Older Sister), Jane Huffman (1949–2013) (Older Sister), Moore Jr. Huffman (Older Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Felicity Huffman has dated –
- William H. Macy (1997-Present) – Felicity’s only publicly known relationship was with a well known American actor, who she started officially dating in 1997. They met at the Atlantic Theatre Company in New York, where William was a drama teacher. The pair was in an on-and-off relationship for around 15 years, with breaks of as much as 3 years, before getting married on September 6, 1997. Even though William proposed multiple times in that period, Felicity was worried about the statistics of the marriage, and how many of them end up in divorce, which made her reluctant. The couple welcomed their 1st daughter, Sofia Grace Macy on August 1, 2000 and less than 2 years later, on March 14, 2002, their 2nd daughter, Georgia Grace Macy.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 53 kg
- In Pounds – 117 lbs
- Measurements – 36-24-35
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32E
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Starring in Sports Night comedy-drama from 1998 to 2000 as Dana Whitaker and being part of the main cast, as Lynette Scavo, in the well-known TV series Desperate Housewives from 2004 to 2012.
In 1988, Felicity Huffman made her first theatrical film appearance as Wheel of Fortune Girl in a comedy-crime movie Things Change.
In 1978, Felicity Huffman made her first television show appearance as Sara Greene in an episode titled A Home Run for Love of the adventure-comedy series ABC After school Specials.
Felicity has endorsed brands such as Milk Mustache awareness campaign (2001), QVC Shopping Channel (2005), NARAL Pro-Choice America, anti-abortion organization (2005), Unilever’s Dove skin care products (2006), AstraZeneca biopharmaceutical company (2007). She also appeared in a PSA/TV commercial for FightPC.org, for people suffering pancreatic cancer in 2013.
Felicity Huffman Favorites
- Favorite Activity – Writing, Working Out, Motivational Speaking, Singing
- Favorite Drink – Herbal Tea
- Favorite Idol – Tina Turner
- Favorite Childhood Crush – Actor Henry Winkler
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Song – Kiss Me (By Ed Sheeran)
Felicity Huffman Net worth
Felicity Huffman has a estimated net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Twitter – Felicity Huffman
Some Lesser Known Facts About Felicity Huffman
- Her parents divorced when she was only 1 year old, but both of them took care of her and her 7 siblings.
- When she was 13 or 14 years old, she found out that her father isn’t actually her biological father, and that her mother had an affair with a family friend named Roger Tallman Mahe. However, Felicity said that she considered Moore Peters Huffman her father.
- She suffered from both bulimia and anorexia in her late teens and 20s, which are serious eating disorders. Felicity spoke of the struggles on her blog and interviews in 2005 and 2006.
- Actress Diane Venora replaced her in the role of Bobbi Turner in the comedy Thunder Alley in 1994.
- She mentioned her idol was Tina Turner multiple times and had the chance to sing backup vocals for her during Tina’s appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show in February 2005.
- Felicity was a guest at the wedding of her Desperate Housewives TV series co-star Marcia Cross to her husband Tom Mahoney on June 24, 2006.
- She helped establish and later starred multiple times in the Atlantic Theater Company in New York City, New York, United States. One of her drama students at the theatre was Jessica Alba.
- Felicity played a friend of Nora, a character played by Jamie Lee Curtis in Christmas with the Kranks (2004), also starring Tim Allen.
- In 2007, Huffman starred in Garry Marshall’s Georgia Rule with Jane Fonda and Lindsay Lohan and 2008 on independent drama Phoebe in Wonderland. She made a film, Lesster as a writer, director and actress in 2010.
- She launched her website and blog, focusing on parenting, women’s tips and tricks, a plethora of relevant topics, named What The Flicka on March 1, 2012 and was a regular poster since the very beginning.
- In 2013, Huffman starred in the independent drama Rudderless and in the adventure film Big Game opposite Samuel L. Jackson.
- In 2014, Huffman was cast as the lead in the ABC anthology legal drama pilot American Crime created by John Ridley.
- In 2018, Huffman was cast in two Netflix projects: comedy-drama film Otherhood based on the novel Whatever Makes You Happy by William Sutcliffe and Ava DuVernay miniseries When They See Us about the famous Central Park jogger case from 1989 in which a jogger was attacked in Central Park in New York City.
- Felicity, along with Lori Loughlin, was arrested on March 12, 2019 and charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud via a college admissions scam along with 50 others.
- On March 12, 2019, Huffman was arrested for her involvement with a nationwide college entrance exam cheating scandal, charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud and released on $250,000 bail. On April 8, she agreed to plead guilty. On May 13, Huffman pleaded guilty to federal charges for paying $15,000 to have a proctor correct SAT questions answered incorrectly by her daughter. Sentencing is scheduled for September 13, 2019.
- She deleted all of her social media and even her blog, following the mail fraud scandal in mid-March of 2019.