Famke Janssen is a Dutch actress, director, screenwriter and former fashion model. She played Xenia Onatopp in GoldenEye, Jean Grey / Phoenix in the X-Men film series, Ava Moore on Nip/Tuck and Lenore Mills in the Taken film trilogy. In 2008, she was appointed a Goodwill Ambassador for Integrity by the United Nations. She made her directorial debut with Bringing Up Bobby in 2011. She is also known for her role in the Netflix original series Hemlock Grove and for her role in ABC’s How to Get Away with Murder. Janssen starred in the 2017 NBC crime thriller The Blacklist: Redemption.
Famke Beumer Janssen
Actress, Former Model, Director, Screenwriter
Birthday / Date of Birth
Famke Janssen was born on November 05, 1965, in Amstelveen, Netherlands.
She’s currently 53 years old.
After completing her early education, Famke joined the University of Amsterdam where she studied economics for a year. Later in the 1990s, she attended Columbia University and studied creative writing and literature. Well, she completed her graduation in 1992 with Bachelors of Arts degree.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Antoinette Beumer (Older Sister) (Director), Marjolein Beumer (Younger Sister) (Actress)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Famke Janssen has dated –
- Anson Mount – Famke and American actor, Anson Mount dated for about a decade in the past. The news of them getting engaged and then marriage also surfaced on the Internet. But, these weren’t confirmed.
- Tod Williams (1995-2000) – American director, producer and screenwriter, Tod Williams married Dutch actress in 1995. They were married from 1995 to 2000.
- Ryan Gosling (2004) – Canadian actor, Ryan Gosling had a romantic fling with actress Famke Janssen in 2004 end. He is about 15 years her junior.
- Cole Frates (2006-Present) – Since 2006, she is dating American actor, Cole Frates.
- In feet – 5 feet 11½ inches
- In centimeters – 182 cm
- In meters – 1.82 m
- In Kilograms – 62 kg
- In Pounds – 137 lbs
- Measurements – 36-25-35
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Playing Xenia Onatopp in the film GoldenEye (1995) and as Jean Grey in the X-Men film series.
Janssen appeared in the 1992 crime drama film Fathers & Sons for her role as Kyle Christian.
In 1992, Famke played the role as Kamala in the science fiction TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation in an episode titled The Perfect Mate.
Famke had appeared in PETA’s Be an Angel for Animals ad. She had also appeared in commercials about L’Oreal, Heineken, Exclamation mark! perfume, an Asthma ad and others. She once did the Fight AIDS PSA commercial.
Awards & Nominations
|1995||MTV Movie Award for Best Fight||GoldenEye||Nominated|
|1999||Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Supporting Actress – Horror||House on Haunted Hill||Nominated|
|2000||Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Supporting Actress – Science Fiction||X-Men||Nominated|
|2006||Teen Choice Award for Choice Liplock||X-Men: The Last Stand||Nominated|
|2007||Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress||X-Men: The Last Stand||Won|
|2007||Hamptons International Film Festival for Special Recognition||Turn the River||Won|
|2007||Hamptons International Film Festival for Special Prize||Turn the River||Won|
|2016||Gold Derby TV Award for Drama Guest Actress||How to Get Away with Murder||Nominated|
Famke Janssen Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Jack Nicholson
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite Perfume – KL by Karl Lagerfeld
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Song – Kiss Me (By Ed Sheeran)
- Favorite Movies – Love & Sex (2000), Turn the River (2007)
- Favorite Horror Movie – The Shining (1980)
Famke Janssen Net worth
Famke Janssen has a estimated net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
She is not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Famke Janssen
- Her first name means “girl” in West Frisian language.
- Her last and middle names are the surnames of her dad and mom.
- She is fluent in many languages like English, Dutch and French. Famke knows German too but is not good at that.
- Janssen has a Boston Terrier dog named, Licorice.
- As per PETA, she is a vegan and so likes to have pasta and other vegetables dishes.
- In 2002, Janssen landed the role of villainess Serleena in Men in Black II, but had to abandon the film due to a death in her family and was replaced by Lara Flynn Boyle.
- She was offered the female lead role in the 2003 film Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. But, Famke turned down the offer.
- In 2007, she starred in Turn the River, for which she was awarded the Special Recognition Best Actress Award at the Hamptons International Film Festival.
- In 2011, Janssen made her directorial début with the drama Bringing Up Bobby. She also wrote the screenplay to the film, which stars Milla Jovovich, Bill Pullman and Marcia Cross.
- In 2016, Janssen showed frustration in not being cast in the new X-Men movie X-Men: Apocalypse, saying Hollywood was sexist towards older women.
- In 2019, she served as a juror for the Tribeca Film Festival.