Russell Westbrook is an American professional basketball player for the Houston Rockets of the National Basketball Association. Westbrook has represented the United States national team twice, winning gold medals in the 2010 FIBA World Championship and the 2012 Olympics. He is an eight-time NBA All-Star and earned the NBA Most Valuable Player Award in the 2016–17 season. He is also an eight-time All-NBA Team member, led the league in scoring in 2014–15 and 2016–17 and won back to back NBA All-Star Game Most Valuable Player awards in 2015 and 2016. In 2017, the year he won the league MVP award, Westbrook became one of two players in NBA history to average a triple-double for a season along with Oscar Robertson in 1962. He also set a record for the most triple doubles in a season, with 42. He went on to average a triple-double the following two seasons also, as well as leading the league in assists and becoming the first player to lead the league in points and assists in multiple seasons.
Russell Westbrook Jr.
Russ, The Westwolf, WestGOAT
Professional Basketball Player
Birthday / Date of Birth
Russell Westbrook was born on November 12, 1988, in Long Beach, California, United States.
He’s currently 30 years old.
Russell went to Leuzinger High School in Lawndale, California. At the time Russ was in high school, he went from standing 5’8 in his freshman year, to reaching his adult size of 6’3 before his senior year. With his huge statistics numbers, during his senior year, Russ made a name for himself and became a target of many college programs. However, after the offer of UCLA Bruins came on the desk, Westbrook accepted their full college scholarship.
- Father – Russell Westbrook Sr.
- Mother – Shannon Horton
- Siblings – Raynard Westbrook (Younger Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Russell Westbrook dated –
- Nina Earl (2015-Present) – Russell and Nina played for UCLA at the time when they started dating in 2010. After spending 4 years together in September 2014, the couple engaged and almost a year after on August 29, 2015, they got married. The couple’s first child, a boy named Noah Russell Westbrook, was born in 2017. The couple welcomed twin daughters in 2018.
- In feet – 6 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 191 cm
- In meters – 1.91 m
- In Kilograms – 91 kg
- In Pounds – 200 lbs
- Measurements – 42.5-16-32
- Chest – 42.5 in or 108 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
He wears a size 15 (US) shoe.
Westbrook is known for his inhuman athleticism. Many basketball experts explain his genetics as rarely seen even in a league as the NBA where there are so many well prepared and gifted athletes.
NBA Match Debut
Russ had his NBA debut on October 29, 2009, when his Oklahoma City Thunder faced Milwaukee Bucks. Westbrook came off the bench and played a total of 22 minutes. For the time spent on the court, Russell scored 13 points with 4 of 9 shooting backed up with 4 rebounds, 4 assists, and 1 block. However, OKC lost that game by 11, with the final result being 98-87.
Russ hasn’t appeared in a movie yet.
Russell first showed up in the TV series Rome is Burning in 2009 as himself in just 1 episode. In 2014, he acted in the TV series Henry Danger. Westbrook appeared in the episode Too Much Game playing as Shawn Corbit. This was his first TV appearance as an actor.
In October 2012, Westbrook signed with the Jordan Brand. His first commercial was with the Jordan Brand and Champs in which a high school athlete purchased Jordan gear from Champs and transformed into Westbrook and won a state championship. In November 2013, Westbrook signed with Kings and Jaxs Boxer Briefs. In February 2015, Westbrook was named Marketing Creative Director of the denim brand True Religion and signed with PepsiCo to become the global face of Mountain Dew Kickstart. In 2017, Westbrook signed a 10 year extension with Jordan Brand that gave him the largest total endorsement deal of any athlete sponsored by the brand.
Russell Westbrook Favorites
- Favorite Athlete – Magic Johnson
- Favorite Breakfast – French Toast
- Favorite Lunch – Hamburger and Fries
- Favorite Dinner – Catfish
- Favorite Movies – Blue Chips (1994), The Hunger Games (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Favorite Pro Team – Dallas Cowboys (Football team)
- Favorite Thing About OKC – Fans
- Favorite TV Show – Everybody Hates Chris (2005-2009), Martin (1992-1997)
- Favorite Cartoon – Arthur
Russell Westbrook Net worth
Russell Westbrook his a estimated net worth of $125 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Russell Westbrook
- Instagram – russwest44
- Twitter – Russell Westbrook
Some Lesser Known Facts About Russell Westbrook
- Westbrook’s admiration and feelings for his late high-school buddy, Khelcey Barrs, has led him to wear KB3 band on his wrist and on his sneakers.
- Russ is very close to fellow basketball player Kevin Durant.
- He never goes out with the same combination of clothes.
- He averaged 3.5ppg as a freshman in UCLA.
- Due to his keen interest in Fashion, Westbrook has attended the New York and Paris fashion weeks.
- While in UCLA, his teammate was the NBA player Kevin Love.
- Westbrook was inspired by Magic Johnson.
- In 2010, he was selected to the FIBA World Championship team in Istanbul, Turkey. On a team without an All-Star or a single member from its 2008 Olympic gold-medal team, Westbrook was considered a star on the team.
- He was the presenter at the Teen Choice Awards in 2011.
- Westbrook was also selected to play for the 2012 Summer Olympic team in London, where he won a second gold medal. He declined an invitation to join the 2016 Olympic team.
- He won the ESPY Comeback Athlete award in 2014.
- In 2014, Russell achieved a triple-double within only 20 minutes on the court.
- Russ was named NBA All-Star MVP in 2015.
- The official website of this foundation can be visited @ rwwhynotfoundation.org.