Pooja Bhatt is an Indian film director, actress, voice over artist, model and film maker. The recipient of several accolades, including two National Film Awards. In 1989, Pooja played her first leading role in Mahesh Bhatt’s television film Daddy. For the film, she won the Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year for Best Female Debut.
Actress, Producer, Director
Birthday / Date of Birth
Pooja Bhatt was born on the 24th of February 1992, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She’s currently 48 years old.
She is of English, Scottish, Armenian and Burmese ancestry.
Her educational qualifications are unknown.
- Father – Mahesh Bhatt (Film Director)
- Mother – Kiran Bhatt, Soni Razdan (step-mother)
- Siblings – Rahul Bhatt (Fitness Trainer) (Brother), Alia Bhatt (Bollywood Actress) (Half-Sister) and Shaheen Bhatt (Half-Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Pooja Bhatt has dated –
- Manish Makhija (2003–2014) – Pooja married Munish Makhija is an Indian video jockey. In December, 2014 the couple decided to part ways after 11 years of marriage.
- In feet – 5 feet 2½ inches
- In centimeters – 159 cm
- In meters – 1.59 m
- In Kilograms – 68 kg
- In Pounds – 150 lbs
- Measurements – 36-32-38
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 32 inches
- Hip – 38 inches
- Bra Size – 34E
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
Pooja well-known films in the 1990s included Sadak opposite Sanjay Dutt (1991), Jaanam and Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee opposite Rahul Roy, Sir (1993) and Hum Dono opposite Rishi Kapoor, Angrakshak opposite Sunny Deol (1995), Chaahat opposite Shah Rukh Khan (1996), Tamanna (1997), the super-hit and multi-starrer Border (1997) and Zakhm (1998), opposite Ajay Devgan.
In 1989, Bhatt made her acting debut at age 17 with Daddy a TV film directed by her father Mahesh Bhatt.
Mahesh became the talk of the town and was slammed by fans after the filmmaker shot for a magazine cover which showed him and his daughter Pooja kissing each other on the lips. However, the quote which further fuelled the fire was: “If Pooja wasn’t my daughter, I’d love to marry her”.
Awards & Nominations
|1991||Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year||Daddy||New Face of the Year||Won|
|1997||National Film Award for Best Film on Other Social Issues||Tamanna||Best Film on Other Social Issues|
|1999||Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration||Zakhm||Best Feature Film on National Integration|
|2004||Zee Cine Awards||Paap||Best Debuting Director||Nominated|
Pooja Bhatt Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Shahrukh Khan
- Favorite Actress – Sridevi
- Favorite Movie – Aashiqui
- Favorite Place – Goa, Paris
- Favorite Color – Black & White
- Favorite Food – Chicken Biryani
Pooja Bhatt Net worth
Pooja Bhatt has an estimated net worth of $3.5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pooja Bhatt
- Pooja won a National Film Award for the Best Film on Other Social Issues, for her movie, Tamanna.
- Pooja did big screen debut film, Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin was a remake of the Hollywood movie, It Happened One Night.
- Pooja won the Nargis Dutt Award a special category of National Film Awards for the movie, Zakhm.
- In 1991, Her biggest solo hit and her big screen debut came with the musical hit Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin which was a remake of the Oscar-winning Hollywood classic It Happened One Night.
- In 1992, Pooja appeared in the Hindi-language horror thriller film, Junoon directed by Mahesh Bhatt.
- In 1993, she played the lead role in the Hindi romantic drama film, Sir as Pooja directed by Mahesh Bhatt.
- In 1995, Pooja made her feature film debut role as Pooja Thakur in the Hindi-language film, Gunehgar.
- In 1997, she appeared in the Hindi-language war drama film, Border directed, produced and written by J. P. Dutta.
- In 2001, she made her last film appearance was in the English language film Everybody Says I’m Fine!.
- In 2004, Pooja made her directorial debut with Paap starring John Abraham and Udita Goswami.