Gwyneth Paltrow is an American actress, singer, author and businesswoman. She was also part of big budget studio films, including the comic book-based Iron Man. She also won an Emmy Award for her role as Holly Holliday on the Fox hit TV show, Glee, in the episode, The Substitute. She is also the face of American fashion brand Coach, owner of the lifestyle company Goop.com and author of two cookbooks. She has won an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, a Primetime Emmy Award and two Screen Actors Guild Awards. Her films have grossed $3.2 billion at the U.S. box office and $8.2 billion worldwide.
Gwyneth Kate Paltrow
Actress, Author (Food Writer), Singer, Entrepreneur
Rock, Pop/ Rock, Stage, Screen
She has released her songs via Hollywood Records and independently. She has mostly performed covers of the existing songs.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Gwyneth Paltrow was born on September 27, 1972, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
She’s currently 46 years old.
Gwyneth attended Crossroads School in Santa Monica, California. After that, she enrolled herself into Spence School, which is a private girls’ school in NYC. Paltrow, then, studied Anthropology at the University of California but it was for a short duration only because she was attracted to make her career in the field of acting and so she dropped out.
- Father – Bruce Paltrow (Film Producer/ Director)
- Mother – Blythe Danner (Actress)
- Siblings – Jake Paltrow (Younger Brother), Katherine Moennig (Half-Cousin), Gabrielle Giffords (Second Cousin) (Former US Congresswoman)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gwyneth Paltrow has dated –
- Brad Pitt (1994-1997) – From December 1994, Pitt and Paltrow dated. They met on the set of 1995 movie, Seven. The duo dated till mid-1997 (around June 1997). They also got engaged during this period on December 20, 1996. But, the engagement broke off after 6 months as Gwyneth was not ready for marriage.
- Ben Affleck (1997-2000) – Ben Affleck, American actor dated Paltrow from November 1997 to October 2000. During these years, the relationship sometimes broke up too. So, it was On again, OFF again kind of relationship. They had an on-screen appearance in the movie Bounce, released in 2000.
- Luke Wilson (2002) – She met Luke on the set of 2001 movie The Royal Tenenbaums and started dating him in 2002. But, this relationship also saw an end in the same year.
- Chris Martin (2002-2014) – In October 2002, she met with English singer Chris Martin, a member of British rock group Coldplay during his concert. They married on December 5, 2003, during a ceremony in a hotel in Southern California. Now, the couple has 2 children – daughter Apple Blythe Alison Martin (b. 2004) and son Moses Bruce Anthony Martin (b. 2006). Paltrow announced on March 25, 2014, that she and Chris have separated now.
- Brad Falchuk (2014-Present) – After splitting from Chris Martin, Gwyneth started dating film director, Brad Falchuk in 2014. In April 2015, she made her relationship with Brad public during a birthday party. Later, on January 8, 2018, they revealed about their engagement. In July 2018, the couple got married in a small and private ceremony.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 60 kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Playing different roles in movies like Sliding Doors (1998), Shakespeare in Love (1998), Iron Man series (2008-), The Avengers (2012). In 2011, she also won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for playing the role as Holly Holliday on the TV show Glee in the episode titled The Substitute.
In 1991, film Shout for her role as Rebecaa. The film starred John Travolta. For this movie, he was also nominated for Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actor.
She debuted on television with the mini TV series Thomas Jefferson. For this, she gave her voice to the character, Jefferson’s granddaughter.
Gwyneth had appeared in Coach (She is the face of this American brand), Estée Lauder’s Pleasures perfume (2005).
Gwyneth Paltrow Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Jack Nicholson
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite Perfume – KL by Karl Lagerfeld
- Favorite Color – Blue
Gwyneth Paltrow Net worth
Gwyneth Paltrow has a estimated net worth of $60 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gwyneth Paltrow
- Her father is Jewish while her mother is Christian.
- She was raised with both the cultures. She can speak Spanish.
- She has explained the reason for the unusual name of her daughter Apple on Oprah’s show. She said that Apple sounded sweet and clean to her. So, she kept this name.
- She is the owner at Goop.com, a lifestyle company.
- Paltrow debuted in High, a TV film her father directed in 1989, and after watching her mother perform at the Williamstown Theatre Festival in Massachusetts, she made her professional stage debut there the following year.
- In 1998, Paltrow starred in Shakespeare in Love, portraying the fictional lover of William Shakespeare, played by Joseph Fiennes. The film earned more than US$100 million in box office and she won many accolades.
- She made her singing debut in the 2000 film, Duets, in which she performed a cover version of Smokey Robinson’s Cruisin. The song was released as a single and reached number one in Australia.
- Gwyneth is the artist ambassador for Save the Children. She is connected with Robin Hood Foundation (works on the motive to remove poverty) as well.
- In 2005, she became the face of Estée Lauder’s Pleasures perfume. She appeared in Chicago to sign bottles of the perfume, and promoted Lauder’s Sensuous perfume in New York with three other models.
- In 2007, she signed for the PBS television series, Spain… on the Road Again and in the following year launched the weekly lifestyle newsletter Goop, encouraging readers to nourish the inner aspect.
- In 2010, she won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for her role in Glee. She was nominated for many awards for the Iron Man sequels.
- She used to smoke 1 cigarette weekly. By 2018, she had changed her habit.
- She is friends with Madonna, Winona Ryder, Cameron Diaz and Helena Christensen.
- In January 2019, retired optometrist Terry Sanderson sued Paltrow for $3.1 million, claiming that three years earlier she collided with him on a ski slope at Deer Valley Resort in Park City, Utah, causing him permanent traumatic brain injury. Paltrow counter-sued Sanderson in February, claiming that he was the one who crashed into her. She sought a symbolic $1 in damages, as well as repayment of her legal fees.