Sarah Jessica Parker is an American actress, producer and designer. She is known for her role as Carrie Bradshaw on the HBO television series Sex and the City, for which she won two Emmy Awards, four Golden Globe Awards for Best Actress in a Comedy Series and three Screen Actors Guild Awards. The character was widely popular during the airing of the series and was later recognized as one of the greatest female characters in American television. She later reprised the role in films Sex and the City and Sex and the City 2. She has also launched multiple brands of her own which include the perfume Lovely and a footwear line named SJP Collection.
Sarah Jessica Parker
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sarah Jessica Parker was born on March 25, 1965, in Nelsonville, Ohio, United States.
She’s currently 54 years old.
Sarah has Eastern European Jewish ancestry on her dad’s side. She is of English and German descent on her mother’s side.
Sarah Jessica Parker attended Dwight Morrow High School in Englewood, New Jersey. Subsequently, Parker attended the School of American Ballet in New York City, the New York Professional Children’s School, the School for Creative and Performing Arts in Cincinnati and Hollywood High School in Los Angeles.
- Father – Stephen Parker (Entrepreneur and journalist)
- Mother – Barbara Parker (née Keck) (Nursery school operator and teacher)
- Siblings – Timothy Britten Parker (Older Brother) (Actor), Pippin Parker (Brother) (Theatre Director)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sarah Jessica Parker has dated –
- Michael J. Fox (1984) – In 1984, Sarah dated Canadian actor, Michael J. Fox for a couple of months.
- Robert Downey Jr. (1984-1991) – The actors Robert Downey Jr. and Sarah Jessica Parker were an item for seven years from 1984 to 1991.
- John Kennedy Jr. (1991) – American businessman, John Kennedy Jr. had a fling with actress Sarah Jessica Parker in 1991.
- Matthew Broderick (1992-Present) – In 1992, Sarah finally started dating actor Matthew Broderick. She was introduced to him via one of her brothers at N*ked Angels theater company. On May 19, 1997, the couple married in a civil ceremony in Manhattan. The couple has three children, son James Wilkie Broderick (born – October 2002) and twin daughters, Marion Loretta Elwell and Tabitha Hodge (born – June 2009). The daughters were born via surrogacy.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.60 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 37-24-34
- Bust – 37 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32E
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Playing Carrie Bradshaw in the HBO’s romantic sitcom S*x and the City from 1998 to 2004. She was also the executive producer of the show.
Sarah first appeared in 1974 in the film The Little Match Girl for her title role as The Little Match Girl.
In 1980, Parker appeared in 3 episodes of PBS’s science educational television show 3-2-1 Contact for her role as Annie.
Garnier’s Nutrisse hair color line, priceline.com (2001), Lux Shower Gel (2004), St. Jude’s Children Hospital (2005), Garnier Skin Naturals (2007), GAP, Covet designer fragrance (2007), Shopping Cidade Jardim (2008), Garnier Ultra-Lift Pro Deep Wrinkle Cream (2009), Ramblin’ Root Beer, Rock The Vote with Robert Downey Jr. (1988) and SJP NYC fragrance (2010).
Sarah Jessica Parker Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Jack Nicholson
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite Food Indulgences – Pasta, Bacon, Cheese
- Favorite Movie – The Way We Were (1973), Melancholia (2011)
- Favorite Drink – Coca-Cola
- Favorite Dessert – Sister’s Brownies
- Favorite Restaurant – Gradisca (in downtown New York)
- Favorite Activity – Walking
- Favorite Band – 70s band Parliament, Trombone Shorty
- Favorite Song (Lyrics) – Another Hundred People (By Stephen Sondheim)
- Favorite Country – Greece
- Favorite Pizza Topping – Sausage, Peppers, Onions
- Favorite Curse Word – Sh*t
Sarah Jessica Parker Net worth
Sarah Jessica Parker has a estimated net worth of $100 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Sarah Jessica Parker
- Instagram – sarahjessicaparker
- Twitter – Sarah Jessica Parker
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sarah Jessica Parker
- As a child, Parker has lived in Cincinnati (in Ohio), Dobbs Ferry (in New York), Englewood (in New Jersey), Manhattan.
- Parker has her own perfume line called Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely and has her own clothing line too called Bitten.
- Parker is a UNICEF Ambassador.
- Jessica is trained in ballet and singing.
- In 1998, she started playing the lead role of Carrie Bradshaw in the TV series Sex and the City. The show became very popular in the coming years and was nominated for fifty Emmy Awards, winning seven.
- She prefers to have BlackBerry over the popular iPhone.
- If Parker had a tattoo, she would have it on the bottom of her foot.
- In 2013, she played a voice role in Escape from Planet Earth, a Canadian-American animated film which was her first voice role in a movie. The film was a commercial success but was met with mixed to negative reviews.
- Sarah would like to have coffee with author David Remnick.
- In 2017, she won the People’s Choice Award for her role in the HBO TV series Divorce.