Regina Cassandra is an Indian film actress, active primarily in Tamil and Telugu films. She started anchoring when she was nine for Splash, a kids’ channel and then moved on to work in commercials. She made her on screen debut with the Tamil Movie Kanda Naal Mudhal as Latha and Her Telugu Debut Shiva Manasulo Shruti. Regina Cassandra has received SIIMA Award for Best Female debut Actress.
Roheeba, Kussu, Paapaa
Birthday / Date of Birth
Regina Cassandra was born on 13rd of December 1990, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
She is currently 28 years old.
She is of Kannada descent on her mother’s side while her father has North Indian roots. She also has Anglo-Indian ancestry on her grandmother’s side.
Regina Cassandra studied in Lady Andal school in Chennai and she graduated from Women’s Christian College in Chennai, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology. She also has a Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Regina Cassandra has dated –
- Sai Dharam Tej (2017) – In the early months of 2017, Regina was rumored to be dating actor Sai Dharam Tej. It was revealed that they had first met on the sets of the movie, Subramanyam For Sale. Later, it was claimed that they had been seen out and about together on a couple of occasions. However, in a statement to the media, she claimed that they were just good friends.
- Gautham Karthik (2018) – The Tamil media linked Cassandra with actor Gautham Karthik in May 2018. It was claimed that they had grown closer while shooting for the movie, Mr. Chandramouli. It was even reported that it was only due to the presence of Karthik in the movie, she had agreed to wear a bikini.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 48 kg
- In Pounds – 105 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Having played the role of female lead in the Telugu action comedy movie, Power.
In 2005, she made her theatrical film debut in the Tamil romantic comedy movie, Kanda Naal Mudhal. She was studying in class 9 when she was cast in the movie. In 2010, she made her Kannada debut with Suryakaanti and in 2012 her Telugu debut Shiva Manasulo Shruti earned her a SIIMA Award for Best Debut Actress, Telugu.
Regina Cassandra made her first TV show appearance on a children’s show on Splash, a kid’s channel.
Regina has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Regina Cassandra Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Ajith Kumar, Suriya, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mahesh Babu, Vikram
- Favorite Actress – Samantha Akkineni, Radhika Apte
- Favorite Author – Paulo Coelho
- Favorite Beverage – Coffee
- Favorite Author – Paulo Coelho
- Favorite Football Club – Manchester United F.C.
- Favorite Hobbies – Reading Books
- Favorite Food – Cheese, Chocolates
Regina Cassandra Net worth
Regina Cassandra has an estimated net worth of $0.8 million dollars as of 2019. She charges Rs 60 to 70 lakh per film.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Regina Cassandra
- Regina father is a North Indian while her mother is from Karnataka. Her grandfather is an Iyyengar, who converted to Christianity after marrying a Goan Anglo-Indian.
- She started acting as a child artist in a TV show for DD, but it was abandoned after one episode.
- When she was 9 years old, she anchored for a kid’s show Splash and also did some ad commercials.
- She is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.
- In 2005, she made her film debut with the film Kanda Naal Mudhal when she was in 9th standard. It was a challenging role for her as she played the role of a 21-year pregnant girl.
- She took her friends out to watch her theatrical debut in Kanda Naal Mudhal on her 14th birthday.
- She has done extensive activism work for the foundations like Life is a Ball, Aditya Mehta Foundation and Teach for Change.
- She can speak Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and English.
- In 2013, she won the SIIMA Award for the Best Debutant Actress.
- She has 2 pet cats, one of which is blind.
- In 2016, she was nominated for -SIIMA Award for Best Actress for her performance in the Telugu film Jyo Achyutananda.