Catriona Gray is a Filipino-Australian model, singer and beauty pageant titleholder who was crowned Miss Universe 2018. She is the fourth Filipina to win the pageant. Previously, Gray was crowned Miss Universe Philippines 2018 and Miss World Philippines 2016.
Catriona Elisa Magnayon Gray
Model, Singer, Beauty Pageant Winner
Birthday / Date of Birth
Catriona Gray was born on the 6th of January 1994, in Cairns, Queensland, Australia.
She’s currently 25 years old.
New York City, New York, United States
She has Scottish ancestry on her father’s side and is of Filipino descent on her mother’s side.
Gray was a student at Trinity Anglican School in Cairns where she was a house captain and a school chorister. She received a master’s certificate in music theory from the online school of Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Father – Ian Gray
- Mother – Normita Ragas Magnayon
- Siblings – None
- Relatives – John Gray (Paternal Grandfather), Catherine Ross (Paternal Grandmother), Elsa Magnayon (Maternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Catriona Gray has dated –
- Clint Bondad (2012-2019) – Catriona met Filipino actor Clint Bondad during the ad shoot for Smart Communications in 2012. They began dating on June 12, of the same year after falling for each other very quickly. Their courtship lasted for 6 years, and as explained by Catriona, they grew up together since they were both 18 at the start of their relationship. Clint earned a lot of praise for being a loving and supporting boyfriend as could be seen from his Instagram posts. Yet in February 2019, the beauty pageant winner appeared on Filipino talk show Tonight with Boy Abunda and confirmed that the couple had parted ways. It came as sad news to the fans who learned that the couple was having troubles even before the competition had begun. Although they were drifting apart, Clint was by his lady’s side when she won the crown in December 2018. Later, Bondad confirmed that he was the one to push for a break up after her win as their relationship had become counterproductive.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Winning the Miss Universe 2018 title and being only the 4th Filipina to win the coveted crown in the history of the pageant.
In November 2018, Catriona released her debut single We’re In This Together.
In January 2019, Catriona made her first TV show appearance as a guest on the talk show, Live! with Kelly.
Catriona has done endorsement work for the following brands- Century Tuna, Myra Vitawhite, Nescafe, Granny Goose Tortillos, Pantene, Smart (Digital Service Provider), Smile Train, Palmolive, Sprite & Status Magazine.
Awards & Nominations
|Year||Award-Giving Body / Organization||Awards||Nominated Work||Result|
|2019||49th Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Scholarship Foundation Box Office Entertainment Awards||Global Achievement by a Filipino||Won|
Catriona Gray Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Tom Hanks
- Favorite Subject In School – Math, English, Art
- Favorite Musical – Miss Saigon
- Favorite TV Show – CSI
Catriona Gray Net worth
Catriona Gray has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Catriona Gray
- Instagram – catriona_gray
- Twitter – Catriona Gray
- YouTube Channel – Catriona Gray
Some Lesser Known Facts About Catriona Gray
- She began training in the martial art form Choi Kwang Do at the age of 8 and received a black belt when she was 12.
- Catriona entered her first pageant competition in 1999 as a 5 year old kid. She won the title of Little Miss Philippines at a local beauty contest in Sydney.
- Apart from being a talented singer, she is also a gifted painter and does beautiful sketches which can be seen on her Instagram account. She has auctioned off her artworks to raise funds for charities like Paraiso: The Bright Beginnings Project.
- Before her, pageant winner Carlene Aguilar was the only other Filipina who represented her country in 2 international pageants. Aguilar had participated in the Miss Earth 2001 and Miss World 2005 competitions wherein she was placed in the Top 10 and Top 15 finalists respectively.
- Among her other pageant titles are winning Miss World Philippines 2016. She went on to represent her home country in the Miss World 2016 competition, held in the United States, but only made it as one of the Top 5 finalists.
- After her win in December 2018, Gray had revealed on Instagram that when she was 13 years old, her mother had dreamt of her winning the Miss Universe crown in a red dress.
- Catriona is the first pageant winner from The Philippines to participate in both Miss Universe and Miss World international competitions.
- Catriona suffers from scoliosis.
- Although disappointed with her performance in 2016, Catriona entered the Binibining Pilipinas (Miss Philippines) competition in 2018. After winning the Binibining Pilipinas 2018 title along with numerous popularity contest prizes and awards, she became eligible to compete in the Miss Universe 2018 pageant.
- Visit her official website @ cat-elle.com.