Priyamani is an Indian film actress and former model, who works in Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil and Hindi-language films. She is the recipient of a National Film Award for Best Actress and three Filmfare Awards in different-language films. She received further success for her role in the Telugu thriller film Mana Oori Ramayanam, which earned her a Best Supporting Actress nomination at Filmfare. Currently she is active on South Indian Television shows , she has judged several dance reality shows.
Priya Vasudev Mani Iyer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Priyamani was born on the 4th of June 1984, in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
She’s currently 35 years old.
Priyamani did her schooling at Sri Aurobindo Memorial School and attended Bishop Cotton Women’s christian College in J C Road. After completing her schooling, Priyamani modeled for print advertisements. Priyamani pursued a degree in Bachelor of Arts in psychology through correspondence.
- Father – Vasudeva Mani Iyer (Businessman)
- Mother – Latha Mani Iyer ( Former national badminton player and Bank manager at Union Bank)
- Siblings – Vishakh (Older Brother) (Businessman)
- Relatives – Kamala Kailas (Great Grandmother, Carnatic Vocalist), Vidya Balan (Cousin, Actress), Malgudi Shubha (Singer, Niece)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Priyamani has dated –
- Mustafa Raj (2017-Presents) –Priyamani married Mustafa Raj, an events organizer, in a private ceremony on 23 August 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 53 kg
- In Pounds – 117 lbs
- Measurements – 35-28-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
She went on to win the National Film Award, followed by South Filmfare Award, Tamil Nadu State Film Award and an award at the Osian’s Cinefan Festival of Asian and Arab Cinema.
In 2003, she made her acting debut with a leading role in the Telugu film Evare Atagaadu, a box-office flop. In 2004, she then made her debut in the Malayalam film Industry with Sathyam, but this film performed poorly at the box office. In same year she then made her debut in the Tamil film, Kangalal Kaidhu Sei. In 2009, her first role in the Kannada film came the following year, with the romantic comedy Raam, which proved to be a major critical and commercial success. In 2010, Priyamani made her Hindi film debut through Mani Ratnam’s bilingual in Tamil and Hindi epic adventure films, titled Raavan and Raavanan respectively.
Priyamani has appeared as a judge in a number of reality television shows. D 4 Dance, the Malayalam reality dance show, saw her first appearance on television.
Priyamani has endorsed a number of brands and products as well as appeared in several television commercials and print ads. They include Kancheepuram silks, Erode silks, Lakshmi silks and many others
- Favorite Actors – Kamal Haasan
- Favorite Actresses – Sri Devi
- Favorite Beverage – Bubble Tea
- Favorite Magazines – Femina, Cosmopolitan
- Favorite Hobbies – Listening Music, Singing
- Favorite Color – Black, White
- Favorite Food – Chocolates, Ice Creams
Priyamani Net worth
Priyamani has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2019. She charges Rs 50 to 60 lakh per film. She lives with her hubby, in a plush apartment in Bangalore. She owns a Volkswagen Polo and a Mahindra Xylo.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Priyamani
- She plunged into entertainment industry at a very young age and did some ads whilst in school.
- After high school, she got many films offers and eventually began her acting career.
- Her mother is a former national badminton player.
- Priyamani is the granddaughter of famous Carnatic Vocalist Kamala Kailas and cousin of famous actress Vidya Balan.
- She started her acting career in 2003 with the Telugu film Evare Atagaadu.
- She has worked in different languages like Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada.
- She worked as a model for some popular brands such as Kancheepuram silks, Erode silks and Lakshmi silks.
- She won the National Film Award for Best Actress for her role as Muththazhagu in the 2006 Tamil film Paruthi Veeran and a Filmfare Award for Best Actress for her role as Malavika in the 2008 Malayalam film Thirakkatha.
- In 2014, she posed for a PETA ad campaign, asking the public to boycott zoos that feature caged tigers.
- She won Asiavision Television awards for Best Celebrity Judge for two consecutive years in 2015 and 2016.