Trisha Krishnan is an Indian film actress and model, who primarily works in Tamil films, where she has established herself as a leading actress. She was noticed after winning several beauty pageants like the Miss Madras contest, which marked her entry into filmdom. She was seen in her career best performances in Abhiyum Naanum, Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa for which she won Vijay Award for Favourite Heroine and was nominated for Filmfare Best Tamil Actress Award.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Trisha Krishnan was born on the 4th of May 1983, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
She’s currently 36 years old.
Trisha completed schooling at the Sacred Heart Matriculation School in Church Park, Chennai and later pursued a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) course at the Ethiraj College for Women (Chennai).
- Father – Krishnan (Died, Worked as a General Manager at a five star hotel in Hyderabad)
- Mother – Uma Krishnan
- Siblings – She is the only child to her parents.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Trisha Krishnan has dated –
- Varun Manian (2015) – Trisha became engaged to Varun Manian, a Chennai-based businessman in 23 January 2015. In May 2015, she confirmed that the couple had ended their engagement.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 52 kg
- In Pounds – 115 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
In 1999, she won the Miss Salem beauty pageant and later the same year, the Miss Madras contest. She had also won the Miss India 2001 pageant’s Beautiful Smile award.
In 1999, Trisha starred in an uncredited role in Jodi alongside Simran and Prashanth. She made her debut as a lead actress in 2002 in Ameer’s Mounam Pesiyadhe opposite Suriya. Her Telugu debut came in 2003 with Jyothi Krishna’s Nee Manasu Naaku Telusu and and Bollywood debut in 2010 with Khatta Meetha. In 2014, she made her Kannada debut with Power. In 2018, She acted in a Malayalam film Hey Jude with Nivin Pauly making her Malayalam debut.
Trisha has featured on several television talk shows and special programs.
Trisha replaced Rani Mukherjee as the brand ambassador of Fanta India. She is the brand ambassador of Scooty Pep+, for which she has replaced Preity Zinta. She is also the brand ambassador for Vivel Di Wills, a product by ITC Limited. In 2011, she replaced Asin in Fairever fairness cream commercial.
Trisha Krishnan Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Tom Hanks, Salman Khan
- Favorite Actresses – Julia Roberts, Jennifer Lawrence, Manisha Koirala, Simran
- Favorite Movies – The Silence of the Lambs, Jilla, Vaalu
- Favorite TV Programs – The Muppets, Saravanan Meenatchi
- Favorite Beverage – Bubble Tea
- Favorite Book – Vasco All Areas
- Favorite Cricketer – Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Favorite Author – Danielle Steel
- Favorite Magazines – Femina, Cosmopolitan
- Favorite Hobbies – Listening Music, Singing
- Favorite Color – Black, White
- Favorite Food – Brown Rice and Chicken Curry
Trisha Krishnan Net worth
Trisha Krishnan has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2019. She charges Rs 1 to 1.5 crore per film. She lives with her mother in a luxury home in Chennai. She has a large fleet of expensive cars like BMW X5, Toyota Innova, Audi Q7 and BMW 5 Series.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Trisha Krishnan
- She has her own share of scandals and controversies. She became the talk of the town when she was spotted dancing in the street under the influence of alcohol. She also came under fire when reports about her using drugs went viral on the internet.
- Trisha is one of the most popular actress in showbiz, but she first starred as a supporting cast in Falguni Pathak’s music video, Meri Chunar Udd Udd Jaye, that had Ayesha Takia as the lead.
- In 1999, she won the Miss Salem beauty pageant, and later the same year, the Miss Madras contest. She had also won the Miss India 2001 pageant’s Beautiful Smile award.
- She is multilingual who is very fluent in Tamil, Telugu, French, English and Hindi. She has acted in South Indian language films like Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and also Hindi.
- In 2010, Tamil Nadu government has honoured her with Kalaimamani Award for her contribution to Tamil cinema.
- Apart from that, Trisha bagged several awards including Tamil Nadu State Film Awards, Filmfare Awards, JFW Awards, Edison Awards among others.
- In 2010, Trisha collaborated with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) in issuing a public appeal to domesticate stray dogs rather than craving for pedigreed foreign breeds. She was also the Goodwill Ambassador for the Angel for Animals campaign organised by PETA in 2010, encouraging people to adopt homeless dogs.
- In 2016, a controversial photo of herself with her ex-boyfriend Ranga Daggubati allegedly leaked by Singer Suchitra.