Raveena Tandon is an Indian actress and producer who appears in Hindi films. She has received a National Film Award and two Filmfare Awards. Tandon made her film debut with Patthar Ke Phool. She then featured briefly in several box-office hits including Laadla, Dilwale, Mohra, Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi, Ziddi, Bade Miyan Chote Miyan, Dulhe Raja and received critical acclaim in 2001 for Daman and Aks.
Actress, Producer, Former Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Raveena Tandon was born on 26th October 1974, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She’s currently 45 year sold.
Raveena studied at the Jamnabai Narsee School, which is located in Juhu, Mumbai and went to Mithibai College to pursue her Bachelors in Arts. She had to drop out her college after 2 years due to her increasing popularity as a Bollywood actress.
- Father – Ravi Tandon (Director, Producer)
- Mother – Veena Tandon
- Siblings – Rajiv Tandon (Actor)
- Relatives – Mac Mohan (Actor) (Uncle), Manjari Makijany (Director, Producer) (Cousin), Kiran Rathod (Actor) (Cousin)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Raveena Tandon has dated –
- Akshay Kumar (1994-1996) – Raveena and well-established actor Akshay Kumar fell in love with one another while shooting for director Rajiv Rai’s Mohra (1994). She then came into a relationship with Akshay Kumar and the couple got engaged in 1994. The duo called off their engagement 3 years after their engagement because Raveena was unhappy with Akshay’s Casanova image and with his linkup rumours with Rekha.
- Anil Thadani (2003-Present) – She began dating film distributor Anil Thadani during the making of her film Stumped (2003). Their engagement was announced in November 2003 and she married Thadani on 22 February 2004, in Jag Mandir Palace in Udaipur, Rajasthan according to Punjabi traditions. They had their first child a girl named Rasha Thadani (b. March 16, 2005). Later, they had their second child a boy named Ranbirvardhan (b. July 12, 2007).
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 63 kg
- In Pounds – 139 lbs
- Measurements – 34-28-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Raveena performance in the film was appraised by the audience and won her a Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year. Subsequently, she featured in many hit films including Laadla (1994), Dilwale (1994), Mohra (1994), Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi (1996), Ziddi (1997), Bade Miyan Chote Miyan (1998) and Dulhe Raja (1998).
In 1991, Raveena made her debut theatrical film appearance as Kiran Khanna in director Anant Balani’s Patthar Ke Phool. She received the Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year for her performance.
In 1993, Raveena made her first Telugu film appearance as Rekha in Ratha Saradhi.
In 1994, Raveena made her debut Tamil film appearance in director P. Vasu’s Sadhu.
In 1999, Raveena made her debut Kannada film appearance as Keerthi in director Upendra Rao’s film Upendra.
In 2010, Raveena made her debut Bengali film appearance as Sohini in Laboratory.
In 1992, she made her first TV show appearance as a Host on Isi Ka Naam Zindagi.
Raveena has appeared in commercials for Shri Aastha Hair Oil, Rotomac Global Private Limited, Hempushpa, HP Gas, Tuskca, PETA, Zenovit, MOHAN Foundation, Riso & Ariel. She has also appeared in a PSA for the National Rural Health Mission’s Reproductive Health awareness campaign.
Awards & Nominations
|1992||Patthar Ke Phool||Filmfare Awards||Lux New Face of the Year||Won|
|1995||Laadla||Filmfare Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2002||Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence||National Film Awards||Best Actress||Won|
|Aks||Filmfare Awards||Special Performance Award||Won|
|Screen Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Won|
|Bollywood Movie Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Won|
|Bollywood Movie Awards||Critics Award Female||Won|
|Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Won|
|Awadh Samman||Awarded by the Government of Uttar Pradesh||Won|
|2004||Satta||Screen Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|2011||Laboratory||Kalakar Awards||Best Actress||Won|
|2012||Shobhana 7 Nights||Indian Film Festival of Houston||Best Actress||Won|
|2018||Maatr||Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award||Best Actress Critic||Won|
|2018||Maatr||Lions Gold Awards||Performance With Social Impact||Won|
|2018||Maatr||Bollywood Film Journalists Awards:||Special Trendsetter Award||Won|
|2018||N/A||GeoSpa AsiaSpa Awards||Woman of Substance Award||Won|
|2018||Maatr||Society Awards||Acting Excellence Award||Won|
|2018||N/A||Iconic Awards||Women Empowerment Icon Award||Won|
|2019||N/A||Femina Beauty Awards||Ageless Beauty||Won|
Raveena Tandon Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Sanjay Dutt, Govinda, Rishi Kapoor, Jackie Shroff
- Favorite Actress – Neetu Singh
- Favorite Films – Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi (1958), Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro (1983), Padosan (1968)
- Favorite Designer – Manish Malhotra
- Favorite Restaurants In Dubai – Zuma, La Petite Maison
- Favorite Perfume – Angel by Thierry Mugler
- Favorite Holiday Destination – Switzerland
- Favorite Watch Brand – Audemars Piguet
- Favorite Car – Pajero
- Favorite Food – Dhokla, Tandoori Paneer, Tandoori Chicken
Raveena Tandon Net worth
Raveena Tandon has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2019. She receives a fee of Rs.1-2 crore per film. Her car collection includes Audi Q7 and Bentley Continental Flying Spur.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raveena Tandon
- While studying at Jamnabai Narsee School, she was the head girl. However, she was a backbencher and reserved child.
- As a child, Tandon wanted to be a Pilot or an IPS officer.
- During her college years, she was titled as Rose Queen.
- When she was young, she had a huge crush on Sanjay Dutt.
- In 1991, Raveena was 17 years old when she made her debut besides actor Salman Khan in Patthar Ke Phool. Her very first role was a complete hit and she went on to receive the Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year.
- In 1995, she starred with Shahrukh Khan for the first time in Zamaana Deewana; the film failed to do well.
- In 1995, Raveena had adopted two children, both were girls. One was named Pooja, who at the time of adoption was 11 years old and the other child was named Chhaya, who was 8 years old.
- In 1998, Raveena was offered the lead role in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) which was later given to actress Rani Mukerji.
- In November 1, 1998, Raveena was featured on the cover of Stardust Annual (US).
- She has judged the TV shows like Sabse Bada Kalakar, The Drama Company and Nach Baliye 9.
- In November 2002, Tandon sang to support People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
- In 2003, Raveena was elected as the chairperson for the Children’s Film Society of India.
- In 2015, she made a comeback to Bollywood in longtime friend Anurag Kashayp’s magnum opus Bombay Velvet.
- In 2017, Raveena was seen in the thriller movie Maatr in which she played a mother who seeks revenge for her daughter’s rape. Her performance was lauded and gained critical acclaim for her performance.
- In 2017, Tandon appeared in the film Shab in which she romanced a 13 years younger actor. The film had too many bold scenes and was even banned from releasing it on the television.
- In March 2018, the administration of The Sri Lingaraj temple in Bhubaneshwar pressed charges against Raveena for indulging in an advertisement shoot.