Leah Remini is an American actress, author, former Scientologist and Scientology critic. She starred as Carrie Heffernan on the long-running CBS comedy series The King of Queens and later co-hosted The Talk. Since 2016, she has co-produced and hosted the Emmy Award winning A&E documentary series Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath. Raised as a member of the Church of Scientology from childhood, Remini left the organization in 2013 and began public criticism of Scientology. Two years later, she released Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology, her memoir about her experience with Scientology and reasons for leaving it.
Leah Marie Remini
Actress, Author, Activist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Leah Remini was born on the 15th of June 1970, in New York City, United States.
She’s currently 49 year sold.
Her mother is of Austrian-Jewish descent, while her father has Italian ancestry.
Leah dropped out of school after moving to Los Angeles at the age of 13 with her mother to focus on acting career.
- Father – George Remini (Owner of Asbestos Removal Company)
- Mother – Vicki Marshall (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Nicole Remini (Older Sister) (Actress), Elizabeth (Half-Sister), Shannon Farrara (Younger Half-Sister) (Actress), Christine (Half-Sister), Stephanie Remini (Half-Sister) (Died in 2013)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Leah Remini has dated –
- Angelo Pagan (1996-Present) – Leah Remini started dating actor Angelo Pagan in 1996 after meeting him at a Cuban restaurant. They took their relationship to the next level by getting married in July 2003. Their marriage was covered in February 2004 issue of InStyle Magazine. About a year later in June 2004, she gave birth to a daughter, Sofia.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 59 kg
- In Pounds – 130 lbs
- Measurements – 35-25-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 34C
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Emmy Award winning actress Leah Remini has been a part of several prominent television shows, including CBS’s sitcom The King of Queens.
In 1997, Leah made her first film appearance in Critics and Other Freaks in the minor role of actress at audition.
In 1988, Remini was made her TV show debut in the sitcom Head of the Class in one episode.
Remini has starred in the TV advertisements for Mandee clothing (1985), Quaker State Motor Oil (2000-2002) & Pacer Center’s Bullying campaign (2013).
Leah Remini Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Leah Remini Net worth
Leah Remini has an estimated net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Leah Remini
- She became a member of the Church of Scientology at the age of 9 and eventually became one of the most vocal advocates of the religion.
- In 1991, Remini had a supporting role on the short-lived ABC comedy The Man in the Family.
- In 2002, she was placed at the 19th position by the Stuff magazine in the list of 102 Sexiest Women in the World.
- In October 2011, Remini signed a talent development deal at ABC and ABC Studios that required the network and the studio to develop a comedy project for Remini to star in and produce.
- In 2013, Remini joined the cast of the TV Land comedy The Exes, filling a recurring role starting in season three.
- In July 2013, she decided to leave the Church of Scientology due to the restrictive policies that discouraged questioning the decisions taken by church leader David Miscavige. Actor Tom Cruise is also a member of the Church of Scientology.
- In August 2013, she filed a report with the Los Angeles Police Department to report the disappearance of Shelly Miscavige. The police department, however, found the report unfounded.
- In November 2015, Leah published her memoir Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology, which made some explosive revelations about her former faith.
- In November 2015, she called her mother a slut in an interview and revealed she did drugs in 70’s. She gave this interview to preempt smear campaign from the church.
- In 2016, She made headlines when she collaborated with A&E Network for a documentary series called Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.
- Visit her official website @ leahremini.com.