Ewan McGregor is a Scottish actor, singer and director known internationally for his various film roles, including independent dramas, science-fiction epics and musicals. McGregor’s first professional role was in 1993, when he won a leading role in the British Channel 4 series Lipstick on Your Collar. Some of his best known roles include heroin addict Mark Renton in the drama films Trainspotting and T2 Trainspotting, Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars prequel trilogy, poet Christian in the musical film Moulin Rouge!, young Edward Bloom in Big Fish, Rodney Copperbottom in Robots, Camerlengo Father Patrick McKenna in Angels and Demons, the ghost in Roman Polanski’s political thriller The Ghost Writer, Dr. Alfred Jones in the romantic comedy-drama Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, Lumière in the live-action adaptation of the musical romantic fantasy Beauty and the Beast and the adult version of the titular character in the fantasy comedy-drama Christopher Robin.
Ewan Gordon McGregor
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ewan McGregor was born on 31st of March 1971, in Perth Royal Infirmary, Perth, Scotland.
He’s currently 48 year sold.
Los Angeles, California, United States
McGregor attended the independent Morrison’s Academy in Crieff. After leaving school at the age of 16, he worked as a stagehand at Perth Theatre and studied a foundation course in drama at Kirkcaldy College of Technology, before moving to London to study drama at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama when he was 18 years old.
- Father – James Charles Stewart “Jim” McGregor (Physical education teacher)
- Mother – Carole Diane (née Lawson) (Teacher and school administrator)
- Siblings – Colin McGregor (Older Brother) (Former Tornado GR4 pilot in the Royal Air Force)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ewan McGregor dated –
- Eve Mavrakis (1994-2017) – Ewan commenced dating French production designer, Eve Mavrakis in 1994 and married her on July 22, 1995 in a French village. He met her when he was filming a guest appearance for the show Kavanagh QC in 1994. The couple now has 4 daughters: Clara Mathilde McGregor (born – February 1996), Esther Rose McGregor (born – November 2001), Jamyan McGregor (born – June 2001 in Mongolia; adopted April 2006) and Annouk McGregor (born – January 2011; adopted).
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead (2017-Present) – Ewan met actress and singer, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, on the set of the TV series, Fargo. They started dating in 2017 after his split from Eve Mavrakis.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 74 kg
- In Pounds – 163 lbs
His shoe size is 9.5 (US).
His best known roles include heroin addict Mark Renton in the drama films Trainspotting (1996) and T2 Trainspotting (2017), Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars prequel trilogy (1999–2005), poet Christian in the musical film Moulin Rouge! (2001), young Edward Bloom in Big Fish (2003), Rodney Copperbottom in Robots (2005).
In 1994, he appeared in an epic fantasy drama film Being Human for his role as Alvarez.
In 1993, McGregor appeared in 6 episodes in a British television show Lipstick on Your Collar for his role as PTE Mick Hopper.
He has appeared in commercials on Citroen DS5 Hybrid car, Davidoff Adventure cologne and LG (2013).
Ewan McGregor Favorites
His favorite things are unknown.
Ewan McGregor Net worth
Ewan McGregor has an estimated net worth of $45 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Twitter – Ewan McGregor
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ewan McGregor
- Ewan was born in Royal Infirmary (hospital) in Scotland.
- He is a motorcyclist since his youth.
- In 1997, He was ranked number 36 on Empire magazine’s The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time list.
- He has a tattoo on his right arm of a heart and a dagger on which the names of his wife and daughters are written.
- In 2007, on an episode of Parkinson, McGregor said he had given up alcohol after a period where he was arguably a functioning alcoholic and that he had not had a drink in seven years.
- In 2010, McGregor was appointed by the French government as a Chevalier dans l’Ordre des Arts et Lettres (Knight of the Order of the Arts and Letters). McGregor was appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2013 New Year Honours for services to drama and charity.
- In 2012, he was a member of the Jury for the Main Competition at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival.
- In 2013, McGregor starred alongside Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts in August: Osage County, which was based on Tracy Letts’s Pulitzer Prize-winning play of the same name.
- In 2013, he was appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for services to drama and charity.
- In June 2015 interview, McGregor indicated that a long discussed South American trip with Boorman was still in the planning stages, but he expected that an excursion through the Baja California Peninsula would take place first.
- In 2016, he received the BAFTA Britannia Humanitarian Award.
- In 2018, McGregor won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Miniseries or Television Film for his performance as brothers in the third season of FX anthology series Fargo, and received Golden Globe nominations for Best Actor – Musical or Comedy for both Moulin Rouge! and Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.
- In August 15, 2019, McGregor was reportedly in talks to reprise his role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in a unnamed series centered around the character on Disney+.