Mike Tyson is an American former professional boxer who competed from 1985 to 2005. He reigned as the undisputed world heavyweight champion and holds the record as the youngest boxer to win a heavyweight title at 20 years, four months and 22 days old. Tyson won his first 19 professional fights by knockout or stoppage, 12 of them in the first round. He won the WBC title in 1986 after stopping Trevor Berbick in the second round and added the WBA and IBF titles after defeating James Smith and Tony Tucker in 1987. This made Tyson the first heavyweight boxer to simultaneously hold the WBA, WBC and IBF titles and the only heavyweight to successively unify them.
Michael Gerard Tyson
Mike Tyson, Iron Mike, Kid Dynamite, The Baddest Man on the Planet
Former professional Boxer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Mike Tyson was born on June 30, 1966 in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States.
Mike Tyson is currently 52 years old.
He attended school but dropped out of high school as a junior. In 1989, he was honored with Doctorate in Humane Letters from Central State University.
- Father – Purcell Tyson
- Mother – Lorna Mae (Smith) Tyson
- Siblings – Rodney (Older Brother), Denise (Older Sister), Jimmie Lee Kirkpatrick (Older Half-Brother)
Mike’s biological father is Purcell Tyson. But, Mike has always considered Jimmy Kirkpatrick as his real dad.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mike Tyson has dated –
- Naomi Campbell (1987) – English model, actress and singer, Naomi Campbell and Mike dated each other briefly in 1987. At that time, Mike admired her body and unscary attitude.
- Robin Givens (1987-1989) – Actress Robin Givens and Mike started seeing each other in 1987. They got married on February 7, 1988. But, this marriage only remained live for a year and they broke off on February 14, 1989. She was not at all happy with Tyson as he was abusive and tortured her. They used to live in a mansion in Bernardsville, New Jersey.
- Suzette Charles (1989) – Singer, actress and an entertainer, Suzette Charles and Mike dated each other for a short time in 1989.
- Tabitha Stevens (1991) – In 1991, p*rnographic actress, Tabitha Stevens and Mike Tyson had a fling with each other.
- Coco Johnsen (1996) – Model and former Playboy Cyber Girl, Coco Johnsen and Mike had dated each other for some time in 1996.
- Monica Turner (1997-2003) – On April 19, 1997, Mike married Monica Turner who has worked as a pediatric resident at Georgetown University Medical Center. They were married for about 5 years and called it quits in January 2002. She subsequently filed for divorce which was finalized on January 14, 2003. Through this marriage, Mike has two children, son Amir (b. 1997) and daughter Rayna (b. 1996).
- Luz Whitney (2000-2004) – Dominican actress, Luz Whitney and Mike were involved in a 4-year long relationship from 2000 to 2004.
- Lauren Woodland (2002) – In 2002, Mike had a fling with actress and attorney, Lauren Woodland. She is 11 years his junior.
- Kola Boof (2006) – Egyptian-Sudanese-American novelist Kola Boof had an encounter with Mike in 2006. He helped Kola’s son to enter into a private school and this started a small relationship between them.
- Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace (2006-2009) – British glamour model, fashion designer, TV personality, Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace dated Mike on and off from 2006 to 2009. She is 12 years younger than him.
- Lakiha Spicer (2009-Present) – On June 6, 2009, Mike married for the third time to his longtime girlfriend, Lakiha “Kiki” Spicer at the La Bella Wedding Chapel. The couple has two children, daughter Milan and son Morocco.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 109 kg
- In Pounds – 240 lbs
- Measurements – 52-18.5-36
- Chest – 52 in or 132 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 18.5 in or 47 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
Mike Tyson wears a size 11 (US) shoe.
Being a heavyweight world champion in boxing.
Professional Boxing Debut
Mike made his professional boxing debut on March 6, 1985 in a match against Hector Mercedes at Plaza Convention Center, Albany, New York, U.S. Mike won the match by 1-0 in the form of Technical Knockout (TKO) in 1:47 minutes.
In 1999, Mike played Mike Tyson in the crime drama film Black & White.
In 1987, Mike was seen in family comedy series Webster where he played the role as Mike Tyson in just one episode entitled “The K.O. Kid.”
In 1988, he appeared in a diet pepsi commercial with Robin Givens. Other commercial appearances include in Home Box Office network (1990), Kodak (1986), Michael & Sons Services (2016) etc.
Mike Tyson Favorites
- Favorite Singer – Stevie Wonder
- Favorite All-time Dessert – Sorbet
Mike Tyson Net worth
Mike Tyson has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2019. Back in the day he had accrued over $300 million dollar throughout his career but ended up losing it all.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mike Tyson
- Mike was the undisputed world heavyweight champion.
- When he was 20 years 4 months and 22 days old, Mike became the youngest boxer to win WBC, WBA and IBF heavyweight titles.
- Mike actually won the first 19 professional boxing bouts by knockout.
- Mike has been included in the “International Boxing Hall of Fame” and the “World Boxing Hall of Fame.”
- Mike retired from boxing in 2006. During his career, he played a total of 58 fights and won 50 out of them.
- In 2002, Tyson fought for the world heavyweight title again at the age of 35, losing by knockout to Lennox Lewis.
- He lost his dad in 1992 and his mom, a couple of years later. At 16, he became orphan. As a result, boxing manager and trainer Cus D’Amato served as his guardian.
- Until 13 years of age, he was arrested 38 times. He started doing small crimes from young age as he spent his childhood in high-crime neighborhoods.
- Mike has friendly relations with his brother who is a physician assistant.
- Tyson likes to read about ancient history, especially about the Hellenistic period.
- He has two left feet.
- He desired to become a singer like Teddy Pendergrass secretly.
- Mike always prefers tea over coffee. He has also never tasted coffee in his life.
- He used to have a white tiger named, Kenya and even a lion named, Omar.
- In October 2012, Tyson launched the Mike Tyson Cares Foundation. The mission of the Mike Tyson Cares Foundation is to “give kids a fighting chance” by providing innovative centers that provide for the comprehensive needs of kids from broken homes.
- In August 2013, Tyson teamed up with Acquinity Interactive CEO Garry Jonas to form Iron Mike Productions, a boxing promotions company, formerly known as Acquinity Sports.
- In September 2013, Tyson was featured on a six-episode television series on Fox Sports 1 that documented his personal and private life entitled Being Mike Tyson.
- In November 2013, Tyson’s Undisputed Truth was published, which appeared on The New York Times Best Seller list. An animated series named Mike Tyson Mysteries, featuring Tyson solving mysteries in the style of Scooby-Doo, premiered on Adult Swim in late October 2014.
- In 2015, he was seen supporting Donald Trump‘s presidential candidacy.
- In early March 2015, Tyson appeared on the track “Iconic” on Madonna’s album Rebel Heart. Tyson says some lines at the beginning of the song.
- In late March 2015, Ip Man 3 was announced. With Donnie Yen reprising his role as the titular character, Bruce Lee’s martial arts master, Ip Man, while Mike Tyson has been confirmed to join the cast. Principal photography began on March 25, 2015, and was premiered in Hong Kong on December 16, 2015.
- In December 2015, his wax statue was included in the Las Vegas-based Madame Tussauds museum.
- In 2016, Tyson starred in the documentary film Nine Legends where he discussed his time involved in WWE.
- In January 2017, Tyson launched his YouTube channel with Shots Studios, a comedy video and comedy music production company with young digital stars like Lele Pons and Rudy Mancuso. Tyson’s channel includes parody music videos and comedy sketches.
- In May 2017, Tyson published his second book, Iron Ambition, which details his time with trainer and surrogate father Cus D’Amato.
- In October 2017, Tyson was announced as the new face of Australian car servicing franchise Ultra Tune. He has taken over from Jean-Claude van Damme in fronting television commercials for the brand, and the first advert is due to air in January 2018 during the Australian Open.
- In February 2018, Tyson attended the international mixed martial arts (MMA) tournament in the Russian city of Chelyabinsk. Tyson said: “as I have travelled all over the country of Russia I have realised that the people are very sensitive and kind. But most Americans do not have any experience of that.”
- Visit Mike’s official website @ miketyson.com.