Manny Pacquiao is a Filipino professional boxer and politician, currently serving as a Senator of the Philippines. He is the only eight-division world champion in the history of boxing, having won twelve major world titles as well as being the first boxer to win the lineal championship in five different weight classes. Pacquiao is also the first boxer in history to win major world titles in four of the eight “glamour divisions” of boxing: flyweight, featherweight, lightweight and welterweight. In 2016, Pacquiao was ranked number 2 on ESPN’s list of top pound for pound boxers of the past 25 years and currently ranks #4 in BoxRec’s ranking of the greatest pound for pound boxers of all time. In June 2016, Pacquiao was elected as a senator and will serve a six-year term until 2022.
Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao
Manny, Pac Man, The Destroyer, The Mexicutioner, The Nation’s Fist, The Filipino Slugger, The Fighting Congressman, National Godfather, Fighting Pride of the Philippines
Professional Boxer, Basketball Player, Politician, Singer, Actor
Birthday / Date of Birth
Manny Pacquiao was born on December 17, 1978 in Kibawe, Bukidnon, Philippines.
Pacquiao is currently 40 years old.
General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines
Kiamba, Sarangani, Philippines
Manny Pacquiao has been raised in Roman Catholic faith, but he currently practices Evangelical Protestant.
Manny Pacquiao attended Saavedra Saway Elementary School in General Santos in Philippines. However, he dropped out of the school at the age of 14 owing to extreme poverty. He left home and his high school to earn money. Much later in 2007, Manny Pacquiao took and passed the exam equivalent to high school degree. His high school degree was awarded by the Department of Education in Philippines. This made him eligible for college education and he enrolled himself in business management at Notre Dame of Dadiangas University (NDDU) in Philippines. Due to his boxing achievements and humanitarian work in his country, the Southwestern University (SWU) at the Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino in Lahug conferred him with Honorary Degree of Doctor of Humanities on February 18, 2009.
- Father – Rosalio Pacquiao
- Mother – Dionesia Dapidran-Pacquiao
- Siblings – Liza Silvestre-Onding (Sister), and Domingo Silvestre (Brother) (From first husband of his mother), and Isidra Pacquiao-Paglinawan (Sister), Alberto “Bobby” Pacquiao (Brother) and Rogelio Pacquiao (Brother).
Girlfriend / Spouse
Manny Pacquiao has dated –
- Jinkee Pacquiao (2000-Present) – The vice governor of Sarangani, her hometown, Jinkee Pacquiao is married to the boxer since May 10, 2000. She had to deal with Manny Pacquiao’s womanizing in recent years but she insists on having a normal relationship now. The couple has five children together – Jemuel, Michael, Mary Divine Grace, Queen Elizabeth and Israel Pacquiao.
- Ara Mina (2007) – The Filipino actress, fashion model and singer, Ara Mina had a fling with the boxer in 2007. They had appeared together on-screen in the film Anak ng Kumander (2008).
- Krista Ranillo (2009-2010) – The Filipino actress met the boxer on the sets of their movie ‘Wapakman’ in 2009. The couple started dating but when the local media flashed the news, they denied any such rumors. Ranillo flew to US after their photographs together were published on the internet. They separated in 2010.
- In feet – 5 feet 5½ inches
- In centimeters – 166 cm
- In meters – 1.66 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154 lbs
- Measurements – 41-15-32
- Chest – 41 in or 104 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Pacquiao wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Manny Pacquiao is best known for being the first and only eight-division world champion as a professional boxer. He has won ten world titles and is the first to win the Lineal Championship in four different weight classes. In the Philippines, Manny Pacquiao is also known as the founder of his political party People’s Champ Movement and a Representative of Philippine House.
He started his basketball career in 2014 as a player as well as coach. He plays at the “Point Guard” position under the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA).
Manny Pacquiao started boxing at the age 14 as an Amateur and made the Philippine National Amateur Boxing Team. He has an amateur record of 60-4. Pacquiao entered professional boxing at the age of 16 and his professional debut match was a four-round bout against Edmund “Enting” Ignacio. The fight took place on January 22, 1995, in which Pacquiao was the winner.
Manny Pacquiao released his first album Laban Nating Lahat Ito in 2006 under the label Star Records. It has 10 songs which include the title song meaning “this is our fight” feat Francis M.
Manny Pacquiao has appeared first in a Filipino film titled Di Ko Kayang Tanggapin where he was cast as Dong. The film was released in the year 2000.
Manny Pacquiao appeared in the TV documentary news show I-Witness in 1999 in the Kamao episode on GMA Network.
Manny Pacquiao entered Filipino politics in 2007. However he did not succeed as a politician then and lost to the representative of Nationalist People’s Coalition. On May 13, 2010, however, the boxer founded his own party People’s Champ Movement and fought the election from his wife’s hometown Sarangani. He scored a huge victory over Chiongbian clan which was the wealthy and politically influential group in the lone district. He won over the party which ruled for more than 30 years in the district with his opponent securing only half of the votes that he received.
- Head Movements – Pacquiao bobs his head from side to side to evade punches
- Subtle and Unpredictable Feints
- Trademark Straight Left Punch
- Short and Wide Right Hook
- Rolling Under Opponent’s Left Hook
- Quick Feet Movement
- Unorthodox Throw of Punches from Various Angles
Manny Pacquiao has been approached by several business sectors so that he may endorse their brands. He has also appeared in a political ad in 2007 and 2010 for politicians during the Philippine elections. He has also appeared in the commercial for San Miguel Beer with Jet Li and Erik Morales. The other products that he has endorsed include detergents, medicines, foods, beverages, garments and telecommunications. He has also appeared for Hennessy Cognac in their print ad in 2012.
Manny Pacquiao Favorites
- Favorite Accessories – Camera (Canon Flagship)
- Favorite Dessert – Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups
- Favorite Cars – Ferrari, Hummer, Escalade
- Favorite Boxers – Joe Frazier, Sugar Ray Leonard, Mike Tyson, Oscar De La Hoya
- Favorite Sports – Boxing, Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, American Football
Manny Pacquiao Net worth
Manny Pacquiao has an estimated net worth of $190 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manny Pacquiao
- Manny Pacquiao has been the first in Philippines to appear on a postage stamp as an athlete.
- The boxer has founded the ‘Manny Pacquiao Foundation’ to help the people of Philippines and other parts of the world who face problems like poverty and sickness.
- As a humanitarian worker, Pacquiao has invested in many projects to help with cancer research and treatment centers in Mindanao. His humanitarian work also includes medical missions, granting scholarships, and promoting environmental awareness.
- TIME has enlisted Manny Pacquiao in the list of ‘100 Most Influential People’ in 2009 owing to the great popularity of the boxer in US and as a hero among the Filipino people.
- Manny Pacquiao has been featured on the cover of Reader’s Digest Asia. A seven-page story was published about the world champion boxer and the issue was published before the epic match of Pacquiao vs. De La Hoya in 2008.
- It has been speculated that the world champion Pacquiao has been taking drugs to execute the energy and swift movements during his bouts. The suspicion of consuming illegal steroid / PED became strong, though not proven when he turned down a random blood and urine drug test in 2010 for a boxing match.
- Pacquiao’s life has been featured in a film named ‘Pacquiao: The Movie’ which was released on June 21, 2006. Filipino actor, Jericho Rosales starred as Manny Pacquiao and the film was directed by Joel Lamangan.
- He also owns a basketball team called “MP Hotel Warriors,” which plays under Philippine Basketball Association Developmental League (PBA D-League).
- During the esteemed 2000s, Manny Pacquiao was named as the Fighter of the Decade by the Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA), by World Boxing Council (WBC), and by World Boxing Organization (WBO).
- He has received the BWAA Fighter of the Year Award in 2006, 2008 and 2009. The Ring has conferred him with the title thrice. He has also won the Best Fighter ESPY Award in 2009 and 2011.
- In May 4, 2009, he was given the special rank of Senior Master Sergeant and was also designated as the Command Sergeant Major of the 15th Ready Reserve Division.
- In February 18, 2009, Pacquiao was conferred the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Humanities (Honoris Causa) by Southwestern University (SWU) at the Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino in Lahug, Cebu City in recognition of his boxing achievements and humanitarian work.
- In May 2010, Pacquiao was elected to the House of Representatives in the 15th Congress of the Philippines, representing the province of Sarangani.
- In 2016, Pacquiao was ranked number 2 on ESPN’s list of top pound for pound boxers of the past 25 years and currently ranks #4 in BoxRec’s ranking of the greatest pound for pound boxers of all time.
- In June 2016, Pacquiao was elected as a senator and will serve a six-year term until 2022.
- In 2017, when Pacquiao’s three-year rookie deal as a player with the Picanto expired, the team didn’t renew his contract again.
- In 2018, Pacquiao officially announced his retirement from the league.