Michelle Yeoh is a Malaysian actress who rose to fame in 1990s Hong Kong action films and is best known internationally for her roles in the James Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies and martial arts film Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon along with recent international English films and series. She won the Miss Malaysia pageant of 1983 at the age of 20. In 2019, she played Christmas themed-store owner Santa in Last Christmas, opposite Henry Golding and Emilia Clarke.
Michelle Yeoh Choo Kheng
Birthday / Date of Birth
Michelle Yeoh was born on the 6th of August 1962, in Ipoh, Malaysia.
She’s currently 57 years old.
She has Hokkien and Cantonese ancestry.
Michelle was enrolled in a boarding school. Later, she studied at the UK’s Royal Academy of Dance in London, majoring in ballet. She later received a BA degree in Creative Arts with a minor in Drama.
- Father – Yeoh Kian Teik (MCA Politician)
- Mother – Janet Yeoh (Lawyer)
- Siblings – Lam Hoe Yeoh (Brother) (Malaysian Consultant), Robert Yeoh (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Michelle Yeoh has dated –
- Dickson Poon (1988–1992) – In 1988, Michelle married an entrepreneur from Hong Kong, named Dickson Poon. Unfortunately, their marriage did not work out and they separated. But, they maintained a friendly bond afterward.
- Jean Todt (2004–Present) – In 2004, she started dating Jean Todt a leading figure in motor racing and in July 2008 she confirmed her engagement to him during an interview with Craig Ferguson on CBS’s The Late Late Show.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 32-24-33
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Michelle rose to fame in 1990s Hong Kong action films and is best known internationally for her roles in the James Bond film, Tomorrow Never Dies and martial arts film Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. In 1997, Michelle was chosen by People as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
In 1984, Michelle made her film debut in the action comedy film, Mao tou ying yu xiao fei xiang (a.k.a. The Owl vs Bombo) as Miss Yeung. In 2011, she made her film debut as a voice actress in the animated action-adventure film, Kung Fu Panda 2 as the voice of the soothsayer.
In 1996, Michelle made her first television show appearance as a guest in the talk show, The Rosie O’Donnell Show.
Michelle Yeoh has done endorsement work for several brands such as Anlene, Guy Laroche, Tourism Bureau of Malaysia (2002) & Puma. In October 2011, she became the skincare’s ambassador of the brand, Guerlain.
Awards & Nominations
|1986||Yes, Madam||Hong Kong Film Award for Best New Performer||Nominated|
|1998||Tomorrow Never Dies||MTV Movie Award for Best Fight||Nominated|
|1998||The Soong Sisters||Hong Kong Film Award for Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2000||Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon||TFCA Award for Best Performance, Female||Nominated|
|2001||Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon||Saturn Award for Best Actress||Nominated|
|2001||Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon||BAFTA Film Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role||Nominated|
|2001||Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon||Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Action Team||Nominated|
|2001||Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon||Golden Horse Award for Best Actress||Nominated|
|2001||Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon||Hong Kong Film Award for Best Actress||Nominated|
|2001||Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon||VFCC Award for Best Actress||Nominated|
|2011||Reign of Assassins||Asian Film Award for Best Actress||Nominated|
|2011||Reign of Assassins||People’s Choice Award for Favorite Actress||Nominated|
|2011||Reign of Assassins||Huabiao Film Award for Outstanding Abroad Actress||Nominated|
|2018||Star Trek: Discovery||Saturn Award for Best Guest Starring Role on Television||Nominated|
|2019||Crazy Rich Asians||The Asian Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Cinema||Won|
Michelle Yeoh Favorites
- Favorite Movie – The Exorcist (1973)
- Favorite Place To Shop – Costco in America
- Favorite Food – Chicken, Bean Sprouts, Fish Head Curry
Michelle Yeoh Net worth
Michelle Yeoh has an estimated net worth of $40 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Michelle Yeoh
- Instagram – michelleyeoh_official
Some Lesser Known Facts About Michelle Yeoh
- At the age of 20, Michelle won the Miss Malaysia beauty pageant.
- Michelle has been known as the queen of martial arts in the Hong Kong film industry.
- Michelle was chosen by People as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- Michelle played Soong Ai-ling in the award-winning The Soong Sisters.
- In 1983, Michelle represented Malaysia at the Queen of the Pacific contest in Australia which she won. She represented Malaysia at the Miss World contest in London.
- In 1985, she started her film career acting in action and martial arts films such as Yes, Madam.
- In 1997, Michelle played Wai Lin in the James Bond film, Tomorrow Never Dies.
- In 2000, Michelle was then recruited by Ang Lee to star as Yu Shu Lien in the Chinese language martial arts film, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
- In 2005, Michelle starred as the graceful Mameha in the film adaptation of Memoirs of a Geisha.
- In 23 April 2007, she was awarded the Knight of the Legion of Honour (Chevalier de la Légion d’honneur) by French President Jacques Chirac.
- In 2008, Michelle starred in fantasy action film, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor with Brendan Fraser and Jet Li.
- In September 2014, Michelle had accepted her first television role on the fifth and final season of Strike Back.
- In 2016, Michelle was cast as Federation Captain Philippa Georgiou of the starship USS Shenzhou in the series, Star Trek: Discovery.
- In 2019, Michelle played Christmas themed-store owner Santa in Last Christmas opposite Henry Golding and Emilia Clarke.