Michael Peña is an American actor. He has starred in many films, including Crash, World Trade Center, Shooter, Observe and Report, American Hustle, Fury, Frontera, The Martian, Collateral Beauty, CHiPs, My Little Pony: The Movie, 12 Strong and Fantasy Island. Michael had the title role in Cesar Chavez and played the co-lead role in the first season of the Netflix TV series Narcos: Mexico. He was nominated for four ALMA Awards, winning two.
Michael Anthony Peña
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Michael Peña was born on the 13th of January 1976, in Chicago, Illinois, United States.
He’s currently 44 years old.
He is of Mexican descent.
Michael studied at Marist High School and Hubbard High School.
- Father – Eleuterio Peña (Factory Worker)
- Mother – Nicolasa Peña (Social Worker)
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Peña has dated –
- Brie Shaffer (2006-Present) – In 2006, he married Brie Shaffer. He has one son, named Roman, born in 2008.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154 lbs
- Measurements – 39–12–32
- Chest – 40 in or 101.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Salt and Pepper
Michael became known for his role in the Netflix TV series Narcos: Mexico (2018). He was nominated for four ALMA Awards, winning two.
In 1996, Michael made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Ernesto in the comedy film, My Fellow Americans.
In 1996, Michael made her first acting role in television by appearing as Rabbit in the crime drama series, Pacific Blue which was aired on USA Network.
Michael Peña Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Michael Peña Net worth
Michael Peña has an estimated net worth of $12 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Michael Peña
- Michael has worked with Oscar-winning directors like Clint Eastwood, Oliver Stone, Alejandro G. Iñárritu and Robert Redford.
- Michael has been a part of Best Picture Academy Award nominee films like Million Dollar Baby, Crash, Babel, American Hustle and The Martian.
- Michael voiced the character Ricky in the FX animated comedy Chozen.
- In 2000, he played the role as Ignacio in the action heist film, Gone in 60 Seconds directed by Dominic Sena.
- In 2005, he made his acting with the comedy-drama film, Sueño directed by Renée Chabria.
- In 2006, Michael starred in the HBO film, Walkout as Sal Castro Starring Alexa Vega, Efren Ramirez and Michael Peña.
- In 2007, Michael starred alongside Mark Wahlberg in Shooter as novice FBI agent Nick Memphis.
- In 2009, he played a mall security guard alongside Seth Rogen in Jody Hill’s Observe and Report.
- In 2012, Michael co-starred with Jake Gyllenhaal as a Los Angeles police officer, in End of Watch.
- In 2015, Michael portrayed role of Major Rick Martinez in the science fiction survival film, The Martian directed by Ridley Scott.
- In 2018, Michael played the role as Kiki Camarena in 10 episodes (Season 1) of TV drama Narcos: Mexico.