Catherine Joy Perry is an American professional wrestler, actress, dancer, model, professional wrestling manager and singer. She is currently contracted by the professional wrestling promotion WWE, where she performs on the SmackDown brand under the ring name Lana.
Catherine Joy Perry
Lana, CJ, CJ Perry, The Ravishing Russian
Professional Wrestler, Professional Wrestling Manager, Model, Actress, Dancer, Singer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Lana was born on March 24, 1985 in Gainesville, Florida, United States.
She is currently 34 years old.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
She has Portuguese and Venezuelan ancestry.
CJ Perry studied at the Riga Choreography School (the ballet school of the Latvian National Opera). She later got enrolled at the Florida State University (FSU) in Tallahassee and graduated with a major in acting and dancing. Lana took acting classes at the Edgemar Center for the Arts. She also studied at The Groundlings School to improve her stage skills. There, she was tutored by Lesly Kahn and Larry Moss.
- Father – He was employed as a Christian Missionary in the Latvian SSR.
- Mother – She was a ballet dancer.
- Siblings – Lana has 3 younger siblings.
CJ Perry is represented by Stagecoach Entertainment, which is a Santa Monica based Talent Management Company.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lana dated –
- Isaiah Mustafa – According to reports, CJ Perry dated former football player and actor Isaiah Mustafa in the past. They had met in an acting class and went out for a brief period of time. They eventually broke up in 2013.
- Rusev (2014-Present) – The reports of Lana dating Bulgarian wrestler Rusev (real name Miroslav Barnyashev) first surfaced in the American tabloids towards the end of 2014. It was reported that they had grown close while they were working in NXT division of WWE. In 2016, Rusev surprised her by proposing to her in the swimming pool of their house in Nashville. Initially, she thought that he was playing a prank on her but when she realized he was proposing for real, she was ecstatic. In June 2016, they got married in a beautiful ceremony held on the Malibu beach. It was rumored that they would hold another wedding ceremony in his native Bulgaria.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 36-24-34
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
Her stint in the WWE Smackdown for which she had assumed Lana as her screen name. She was Rusev’s manager when he won the United States Championship. Having appeared in a host of reality TV series including The Real Housewives of Atlanta and Total Divas. She is a member of the main cast in Total Divas.
She was a member of the all-girl group “No Means Yes”, which was signed up with Ne-Yo’s record label Compound Entertainment in 2009. They released their only single, Would You Like That in 2009.
In 2011, Lana made her theatrical film debut in the American comedy film, Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son. However, her role in the movie wasn’t credited. Her first credited role was in the comedy romantic movie, Pitch Perfect, which was released in October 2012.
In 2008, Lana made her first TV show appearance in the Tai/German episode of the reality TV series, The Millionaire Matchmaker.
Lana has done modeling work for the energy drinks Matrix and Red Bull in her modeling days.
- Defined jawline and strong chin.
- Toned and athletic figure.
- Favorite Actor – Tom Cruise
- Favorite Actresses – Scarlett Johansson, Julia Roberts
- Favorite Basketball Team – Los Angeles Clippers
- Favorite Color – Blue, Black
- Favorite Perfume – Paco Rabanne
Lana Net worth
Lana’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $2 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lana
- At the age of 14, she started performing with the Latvian National Ballet.
- While studying at the Florida State University, she was a part of the cheerleading group known as Florida State Cowgirls, who were famous for dressing up as cowgirls during matches.
- Early in her career, she worked as a backup dancer for popular music artists such as Akon, Keri Hilson, Pink, Nelly and Usher.
- She spent most of her childhood and her early teens in Latvia. Her family chose to remain there even during the turbulent times of its independence from the Soviet Union.
- In her late teens, she performed ballet at the iconic Ballet Hispanico, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, the Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance and Broadway Dance Center.
- In June 2013, Perry revealed that she had been signed to WWE and was sent to their developmental branch NXT.
- In 2016, it was announced that Lana would be featured as a main cast member for the sixth season of Total Divas
- In April 2017, she alleged that she was “violated” during an inappropriate behavior in Boston. She took to her Twitter to blast Boston Logan International Airport for the incident.