Mohamed Salah is an Egyptian professional footballer who plays as a forward for Premier League club Liverpool and the Egypt national team. Considered one of the best players in the world, he is known for his finishing, dribbling and speed. For his performances, Salah was named CAF African Footballer of the Year, BBC African Footballer of the Year and was selected in the CAF Team of the Year and Africa Cup of Nations Team of the Tournament. His record-breaking performances saw him receive a number of other accolades, including the PFA Players’ Player of the Year, the Football Writers’ Player of the Year and the PFA Fans’ Player of the Year awards. Salah also came third in the award for the 2018 Best FIFA Men’s Player.
Mohamed Salah Hamed Mahrous Ghaly
Mohamed Salah, Egyptian Messi
Professional Soccer Player
Midfielder / Right Wing
Birthday / Date of Birth
Mohamed Salah was born on June 15, 1992 in Basyoun, El Gharbia, Egypt.
Salah is currently 26 years old.
Salah’s educational background is not known.
- Father – Salah Ghaly
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Nasr Salah
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mohamed Salah has dated –
- Magi Salah (2013-Present) – Mohamed Salah and his wife, Maggi, married in 2013. Their daughter, Makka, born in 2014, is named in honour of the Islamic holy city of Mecca.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 72 kg
- In Pounds – 159 lbs
- Measurements – 36½-13½-32
- Chest – 36.5 in or 93 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13.5 in or 34.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Salah wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Being one of the best Egyptian soccer players in the last two decades and even more. Salah won the SAFP Golden Player award for his performances in the Swiss Super League in 2013. He was also awarded the CAF Most Promising African Talent of the Year in 2012. Winning the 2012 Swiss Super League trophy as a member of Basel in his first year with the team.
Soccer Match Debut
- Salah first performed as a member of El Mokawloon on May 3, 2010 in a 1-1 draw against El Mansoura.
- On June 23, 2012, Mohamed made his debut for the Swiss team Basel in a friendly 4-2 loss to the Romanian team Steaua Bucuresti. He scored one of his team’s two goals in that match.
- Salah had his debut for the English Premier League club Chelsea on March 22, 2014 in a match against Newcastle United. In the end, Chelsea won the match by 3-0.
- After he was loaned to Fiorentina on February 2, 2015, Salah appeared in a 3-2 success over Atalanta on February 8, 2015.
- On August 22, 2015, Mohamed first performed for Roma in a 1-1 draw with Hellas Verona.
- He made his debut for the Egyptian national soccer team on September 3, 2011 in a match against Sierra Leone.
Salah has not performed in a theatrical movie yet.
Salah has not appeared in any other TV show.
Salah has not signed a sponsorship contract with any sports brand yet.
Mohamed Salah Favorites
Salah’s favorite things are not known.
Mohamed Salah Net worth
Mohamed Salah has an estimated net worth of $40 million dollars as of 2019. He has an annual salary of $3 million at Liverpool.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mohamed Salah
- He began his career at the Egyptian youth team El Mokawloon.
- Salah scored his first professional goal on December 25, 2010 in a 1-1 draw against El Ahly.
- On April 10, 2012, Mohamed signed a four-year contract with Basel. His contract became active on June 15, 2012.
- On August 6, 2013, in the third qualifying round of the Champions League, Mohamed scored his debut goal in the competition in a match against Maccabi Tel Aviv.
- On January 26, 2014, Mohamed officially penned a deal worth 11 million British pounds with the English Premier League team Chelsea FC.
- On February 2, 2015, it was confirmed that Salah would spend 18 months on a loan in the Italian club Fiorentina.
- Salah was once again sent on a loan to Roma on August 6, 2015. The loan was set for 12 months and was worth 5 million euros.
- On August 3, 2016, Salah officially signed with Roma in a deal worth 15 million euros.
- Salah appeared in a total of 11 matches for the Egyptian U-20 and U-23 teams.
- On 22 June 2017, Salah agreed a transfer to Liverpool. He signed a long-term contract with the Reds for an initial €42m fee that could rise to €50m.
- On 17 March 2018, Salah scored four goals in a 5–0 win over Watford, which was his first hat-trick for Liverpool.
- On 22 April 2018, Salah was awarded the PFA Players’ Player of the Year award, having earlier been named in the PFA Team of the Year for the Premier League.
- On 2 July 2018, Salah signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool. Manager Jürgen Klopp said the news was important as a statement of intent in terms of Liverpool’s status in the football world in having Salah commit himself further to the club.
- On 30 August 2018, Salah was named on the three-man shortlist for the UEFA Men’s Player of the Year, coming in third place and was also included on the three-man shortlist for the UEFA Forward of the Season, coming in second place.
- In February 2019, West Ham said they were investigating a video which allegedly showed fans racially abusing Salah, including for being Muslim.