Serena Williams is an American professional tennis player. The Women’s Tennis Association ranked her world No. 1 in singles on eight separate occasions between 2002 and 2017. She reached the No. 1 ranking for the first time on July 8, 2002. On her sixth occasion, she held the ranking for 186 consecutive weeks, tying the record set by Steffi Graf. In total she has been No. 1 for 319 weeks, which ranks third in the “Open Era” among female players behind Graf and Martina Navratilova. Her total of 23 Grand Slam singles titles marks the record for the most Grand Slam tournament wins in the Open Era and is second on the all-time list behind Margaret Court (24). She has won an all-time record of 13 Grand Slam singles titles on hard court. Williams holds the Open Era record for most titles won at the Australian Open (7) and shares the Open Era record for most titles won at the US Open with Chris Evert (6).
Serena Jameka Williams
Professional Tennis Player
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
September 24, 1995
Grand Slams Won
Serena’s first win in the singles Grand Slams during the years –
- Australian Open – 2003
- French Open – 2002
- Wimbledon – 2002
- US Open – 1999
Birthday / Date of Birth
Serena Williams was born on September 26, 1981 in Saginaw, Michigan, United States.
She is currently 37 years old.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
She was homeschooled by her dad Richard. When she was aged 9, she went to Rick Macci’s Academy in West Palm Beach, Florida to sharpen her lawn tennis skills.
- Father – Richard Williams (Tennis Coach)
- Mother – Oracene Price (Tennis Coach)
- Siblings – Venus Williams (Older Sister) (Tennis Player)
- Others – Yetunde Price (Older Half-Sister) (Murdered in 2003), Lyndrea Price (Older Half-Sister), Isha Price (Older Half-Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Serena Williams has dated –
- Columbus Short – It was speculated that Serena dated the dancer and actor, Columbus Short, for a short period of time.
- Keyshawn Johnson (2002-2003) – From 2002 to 2003, she was romantically linked with American football player, Keyshawn Johnson.
- Brett Ratner (2004-2006) – After splitting from Johnson, she started dating film director, Brett Ratner in 2004. The duo split in 2006.
- Jackie Long (2007-2008) – Actor and musician Jackie Long dated beautiful Serena from April 2007 to January 2008.
- Hosea Chanchez (2008) – In 2008, for a month (from March 2008 to April 2008), Williams dated actor Hosea Chanchez.
- Amar’e Stoudemire (2010) – So, after a break, she publicly dated with the basketball player, Amar’e Stoudemire from August 2010 to October 2010.
- Aubrey Graham (2011) – Canadian rapper, Aubrey Graham and Serena are RUMORed to be dating each other since 2011.
- Grigor Dimitrov (2012) – Bulgarian professional tennis player, Grigor Dimitrov had a fling with Serena in 2012. He is roughly 10 years her junior.
- Patrick Mouratoglou (2012-2015) – From June 2012 to August 2015, Serena dated her tennis coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, who is a French.
- Alexis Ohanian (2016-Present) – Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian and Serena announced their engagement on December 29, 2016. She has a child with Alexis, a daughter named, Alexis Olympia Ohanian, Jr. (b. September 1, 2017). On November 16, 2017, Serena and Alexis got married in New Orleans. Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland and Kim Kardashian were present at her wedding.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 84 kg
- In Pounds – 185 lbs
- Measurements – 40-30-44
- Bust – 40 inches
- Waist – 30 inches
- Hip – 44 inches
- Bra Size – 34A
She wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 14 (US).
Staying at #1 (which she achieved in July 2002) in women’s singles tennis as per the Women’s Tennis Association.
She portrayed the role as agent Ross in the 2004 comedy film Hair Show.
In 2001, she gave her voice to the animated sitcom The Simpsons during the episode entitled Tennis the Menace. However, as an actress, her debut television appearance was in ABC’s black sitcom My Wife and Kids as Miss Wiggins in an episode entitled Crouching Mother, Hidden Father in 2002.
Serena Williams has appeared in lots of TV commercials- McDonald’s (2002), Double-Mint Gum, Cadbury’s Oreo (2009) & Beats by Dre (2015). She has also made appearances in print ads- Close-Up toothpaste (2003), Wilson Hyper Hammer 6.3 Tennis Racket (2000), Doublemint Chewing Gum (2003), Avon (2002), America’s Milk Processors’ got milk? (2005-2006), DayQuil & NyQuil Sinus by Vicks (2007), Tampax Pearl tampons (2009-2011), Wilson K Blade Racquet (2008), Sports Drink Gatorade (2010) & O.P.I. Nail Polish (2011). She has also endorsed Aston Martin, Pepsi, Berlei bras, Puma (in the early 2000s), Nike, Audemars Piguet, Delta Airlines, Chase Bank, Mission Athletecare and many others.
Serena Williams Favorites
- Favorite Singers – Mariah Carey, Brandy
- Favorite Movie – The Sound of Music (1965)
- Favorite Drink – Gatorade
- Favorite City – Rome
- Favorite Animal – Dog, Tiger
- Favorite Water Sport – Tubing
- Favorite Color – Purple
- Favorite Author – Maya Angelou
- Favorite Food – Fried Hush Puppies, Her Mother’s Chicken with Rice and Gravy
- Favorite Band – Green Day, Air Supply, Bon Jovi
Serena Williams Net worth
Serena Williams has an estimated net worth of $180 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Serena Williams
- Instagram – serenawilliams
- Twitter – Serena Williams
Some Lesser Known Facts About Serena Williams
- Serena commenced playing tennis at the age of 3.
- When she a kid, her family relocated to Compton, California. When she was 9, her family shifted to Florida.
- She was estimated to be earning $14 million in 2007 as per Forbes.
- Apart from English, she can also speak French, Italian and Spanish.
- Along with her sister Venus, she is the part owner of the American football team, Miami Dolphins. She bought the stake in August 2009 and hence became the first African-American woman to have a share in an NFL franchise.
- Serena has two dogs, named, Jackie and Laura.
- Serena dreams of being on Broadway because she likes to dance and sing.
- She started jealousing Carrie Underwood when she got to know that Carrie was doing the film The Sound of Music.
- She is a huge Olympic pin collector.
- She feels lost while doing Zumba.
- In 2010, Williams’s first scheduled tournament was in Sydney, losing in the final to Elena Dementieva.
- In July 2012, she appeared in the ABC comedic improv television series Trust Us with Your Life and as a lawyer on the Lifetime television series Drop Dead Diva.
- In 2014, Williams began hosting an annual charity run named “The Serena Williams Ultimate Fun Run”.
- In December 2015, she was named Sportsperson of the Year by Sports Illustrated magazine.
- In 2017, Williams became Ambassador for the Allstate Foundation’s Purple Purse project, an initiative to provide financial empowerment to domestic abuse victims.
- In May 2018 she wore a skin-tight catsuit at the 2018 French Open that was likened to a superhero outfit and helped promote her new clothing line, Serena.
- In August 2018, Serena announced she was suffering from postpartum depression.
- In February 2019, Serena Williams was appointed to the board of directors of online fashion marketplace Poshmark.
- Visit her official website @ serenawilliams.com.