Novak Djokovic is a Serbian professional tennis player who is currently ranked world No. 1 in men’s singles tennis by the Association of Tennis Professionals. Djokovic has won 15 Grand Slam singles titles, five ATP Finals titles, 33 ATP Tour Masters 1000 titles, 12 ATP Tour 500 titles and has held the No. 1 spot in the ATP rankings for over 250 weeks. Djokovic is the first Serbian player to be ranked No. 1 by the ATP and the first male player representing Serbia to win a Grand Slam singles title. He is a six time ITF World Champion and a five-time ATP year-end No. 1 ranked player. Djokovic has won numerous awards including the 2012, 2015, 2016 and 2019 Laureus World Sports Award for Sportsman of the Year and the 2011 BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year award.
Professional Tennis Player
Grand Slams Won
Djokovic has won –
- US Open – 2011
- Wimbledon – 2011
- Australian Open – 2008
- French Open – None
Birthday / Date of Birth
Novak Djokovic was born on May 22, 1987 in Belgrade, SFR Yugoslavia.
Djokovic is currently 32 years old.
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Djokovic adheres to the Serbian Orthodox Church.
Novak attended Pilic Tennis Academy in Munich, Germany.
- Father – Srdjan Djokovic (Family Sport, owns a company)
- Mother – Dijana Djokovic (Family Sport, owns a company)
- Siblings – Marko (Younger Brother), Djordje (Younger Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Novak Djokovic has dated –
- Jelena Ristic (2005-Present) – Novak met Jelena back in 2005, while they were in a high school and since then, their love has spread throughout these years. The couple got engaged on September 25, 2013 and almost a year after on July 11, 2014, they got married on Sveti Stefan in Montenegro. In one interview, Jelena said that both, she and Nole has gone through many things together. “At the time, we started our relationship, we knew that Novak will have to travel all the time, so we were constructing plans so, we can see each other. You know at that time the plane tickets were far more expensive than they are right now,” said Jelena. Jelena, who is a former model, currently runs her husband’s foundation known as Novak Djokovic’s foundation, which is dedicated to helping all children in Serbia. On April 24, 2014, Novak announced that Jelena is pregnant and on October 21, 2014, Jelena gave birth to their first child. They named him Stefan. Their daughter, Tara was born in September 2017.
- In feet – 6 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 188 cm
- In meters – 1.88 m
- In Kilograms – 78 kg
- In Pounds – 172 lbs
- Measurements – 43-16½-35
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16.5 in or 42 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Djokovic wears a size 12.5 (US) shoe.
Winning more than a dozen Grand Slam singles titles, and for holding the first place on the ATP list for 133 weeks.
Djokovic hasn’t appeared in a movie yet.
He has served as the brand ambassador for UNIQLO (2012), SEIKO Watches (January 10, 2014), Learjet (2012) etc. Novak has appeared in TV commercials about Peugeot (2008), HEAD Graphene (2013), iDEA (2008), ABN AMRO bank (2010). He has also signed deals with Adidas (2003-2009), Sergio Tacchini (2009-2011), Mercedes Benz (2012). Further, Djokovic has appeared in print ads for iDEA, Konzul (Supermarket chain), DIS Trgovina (Supermarket chain), Head rackets and others.
Novak Djokovic Favorites
- Favorite Car – Audi
- Favorite Movie – Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
- Favorite Color – Red
- Favorite Books – The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins books
- Favorite Football Club – AC Milan, F.C Benfica, Red Star
- Favorite Song – Kafana je moja sudbina, Call Me Maybe, Without You
- Favorite Food – Pizza
Novak Djokovic Net worth
Novak Djokovic has an estimated net worth of $200 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Novak Djokovic
- Instagram – djokernole
- Twitter – Novak Djokovic
- YouTube Channel – Novak Djokovic
Some Lesser Known Facts About Novak Djokovic
- Novak held a racket for the first time when he was four.
- His childhood idol is Pete Sampras.
- At the age of 13, he and his family relocated to Munich, Germany for two months.
- Novak won 3 European single titles when he was 14.
- At the age of 16, he became a European champion, and during the same year, he was ranked as the 40th best junior tennis player in the world.
- Djokovic’s record for most consecutive wins is 31 matches in ATP World Tour Masters 1000 series.
- He is the first Serbian tennis player to win a Grand Slam title.
- Novak has won the Olympic Bronze medal that he achieved in Beijing 2008.
- In 2011, he won the Laureus World Sports Award for Sportsman of the Year.
- Novak speaks fluent Serbian, English, German, French and Italian.
- Because, he provided help to the churches and monasteries in Kosovo, and provided assistance for the Serbian people in 2011, the Patriarch Irinej of Serbia awarded him with the Order of St. Sava I class.
- Novak is friends with the popular Serbian female tennis player, Ana Ivanovic. They know each other since they were kids.
- He is a passionate fan of Red Star Belgrade.
- In 2013, Djokovic defeated Nadal in straight sets in the final of the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters to clinch his first title in Monte Carlo.
- In August 2015, Djokovic was appointed a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.
- In 21 May 2017, he announced that Andre Agassi would become his new coach, starting at the 2017 French Open.
- In 22 May 2017, Djokovic was unveiled as a brand ambassador of Lacoste after a five-year partnership with Uniqlo.
- Visit his official website @ novakdjokovic.com.