Leati Joseph “Joe” Anoaʻi is an American professional wrestler and a former professional gridiron football player. He is part of the Anoaʻi family and is currently signed to WWE, where he performs on the Raw brand under the ring name Roman Reigns. He is currently on hiatus due to an ongoing battle with leukemia.
Leati Joseph Anoaʻi
Joe, Roman Reigns, Joe Anoaʻi, Leakee, Roman Leakee
He wore 99 shirt while playing for Edmonton Eskimos under the Canadian Football League (CFL).
Professional Wrestler, Former American Football Player
Birthday / Date of Birth
Roman Reigns was born on the 25th of May 1985, in Pensacola, Florida, United States.
He is currently 38 years old.
Roman is half Samoan and half Italian.
Roman spent three years at Pensacola Catholic High School and one year at Escambia High School in Escambia County, Florida. Roman went to Georgia Institute of Technology and has majored in management.
- Father – Sika Anoaʻi (Former Professional Wrestler)
- Mother – Patricia A. Anoa’i
- Siblings – Matthew Anoa’i aka Rosey (Wrestler, Died in 2017) (Older Brother), Vanessa Anoa’i, Summer Anoa’i (Half-sister)
Afa Anoaʻi, FCW, Sika Anoaʻi
Girlfriend / Spouse
Roman Reigns has dated –
- Galina Joelle Becker (2014-Present) – In December 2014, Roman married Galina Joelle Becker. From this relationship, he has a daughter named, Joelle Anoa’i. In June 2014, he appeared in a public service announcement alongside his daughter.
- In feet – 6 feet 2½ inches
- In centimeters – 189 cm
- In meters – 1.89 m
- In Kilograms – 120 kg
- In Pounds – 265 lbs
- Chest – 50 in or 127 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 18.5 in or 47 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Dark Brown (Natural)
He likes wearing colored contact lenses such as ‘Blue’, ‘Green’, etc.
Working as a professional wrestler with WWE and having achieved the title of WWE World Heavyweight Champion in the past.
Wrestling Match Debut
Roman made his wrestling debut in a match held on September 9, 2010, under the ring name “Roman Leakee” against Richie Steamboat which he lost.
Reigns hasn’t been into a feature film other than a couple of TV movies.
Roman has appeared in a PSA with his daughter. He was seen in a Snickers commercial as well.
- In 2010, he was arrested in Pensacola, Florida for appearing drunk in public place and getting involved in a fight. He was subsequently released on $1,000 bond and charged with $500 for each offense.
- In 2016, Roman Reigns was charged with violating the WWE Wellness Policy. As a result, he was suspended for 30 days. WWE doesn’t usually make the names of the drugs public, so, we might never know what Roman Reigns consumed. Richard Rodriguez, the now-imprisoned former owner of the Wellness Fitness Nutrition company of Miami, named Reigns, and few other celebrities, as his former client, but Reigns denied the statement by saying, “I have never heard of Richard Rodriguez or Wellness Fitness Nutrition. I learned from the mistake I made nearly two years ago and paid the penalty for it. Since then, I’ve passed 11 tests as part of WWE’s independent drug testing program.”
- Right Sleeve to Right Chest– A Traditional Samoan Tribal Tattoo
- Moment of Silence
- Superman Punch
- Samoan Drop
- Multiple Corner Clotheslines
- Running Apron Dropkick
- Checkmate (Spinning Bulldog)
- Enters ring through the crowd
- Superman punch
- Long wet hair
Award / Achievement
FCW Florida Tag Team Championship- (1 time) – with Mike Dalton
- 2013- Breakout Star of the Year, Feat of Strength of the Year, and Faction of the Year – with Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins as ‘The Shield,’ What a Maneuver of the Year – Spear.
- 2014- Superstar of the Year, Faction of the Year – with Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins as ‘The Shield’.
- 2015- Most Improved Wrestler of the Year, Winner of Royal Rumble.
- 2016- Most Hated Wrestler of the Year.
Roman Reigns Favorite
- Favorite Food – Barbacoa
- Favorite Beverage – Monster Energy
- Favorite WWE Superstar – Bret Hart
- Favorite Actor – Pierce Brosnan
- Favorite Film – The Wolf of Wall Street
- Favorite American Football Team – Green Bay Packers
- Favorite Restaurant – Chipotle
- Favorite Destination – Australia
Roman Reigns Net worth
Roman Reigns has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Roman Reigns
- Roman was born into the legendary American Samoan Anoa’i family, with a huge legacy of professional wrestlers.
- Roman is the first cousin of wrestlers The Usos and The Rock.
- Roman is also related to former wrestlers Rikishi, The Tonga Kid, Umaga, and Yokozuna.
- Roman first met his wife Galina while they both were students at Georgia Institute of Technology.
- He actively played football at both of his high schools (names of the schools written above) and then at his management institution.
- In May 2007, Roman was signed by American football team, Minnesota Vikings but they released him later in the month. Again, in August 2007, he was signed by Jacksonville Jaguars. They also released him within a week.
- He lost his debut FCW match to Richie Steamboat, and got his first win against Fahd Rakman.
- In 2010, he signed a developmental contract with the WWE in 2010 and was drafted to FCW, with the ring name “Leakee.”
- After debuting in professional wrestling on September 9, 2010, he recorded his first win on September 21, 2010, against Fahd Rakman.
- In 2008, he retired from football after playing 5 games for Edmonton Eskimos at CFL (Canadian Football League).
- In 2012, ‘The Shield’ made an astonishing debut on the WWE main roster by attacking Ryback and John Cena during the Survivor Series pay-per-view by helping out CM Punk to retain the WWE Championship.
- He voiced his own character (Roman Reigns) in the WWE 2k14 video game released in 2013.