Anna Kournikova is a Russian former professional tennis player. Her appearance and celebrity status made her one of the best known tennis stars worldwide. At the peak of her fame, fans looking for images of Kournikova made her name one of the most common search strings on Google Search.
Anna Sergeyevna Kournikova
Professional Tennis Player
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
Birthday / Date of Birth
Anna Kournikova was born on 7th of June 1981, in Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union.
She is currently 41 years old.
Kournikova attended Russian High School, graduating in 1997 and then enrolled at the Russian University of Physical Culture.
- Father – Sergei Kournikova (Former Greco-Roman Wrestling Champion, former professor at the University of Physical Culture and Sport and part-time martial arts instructor)
- Mother – Alla Kournikova (Former 400-meter runner)
- Siblings – Allan Kournikova (Younger Brother) (Youth Golf World Champion)
- Relatives – Nikolay Yakovlevich Kournikov (Paternal Grandfather), Anna Pavlovna (Paternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anna Kournikova has dated –
- Pablo Montero (1996) – In 1996, Anna went out with Mexican singer, Pablo Montero. He was in his early teens back then, whereas she was still hovering at her mid-teens, which made their relationship a great talking point for the tabloids.
- Pavel Bure (1999) – In 1999, Kournikova first met ice hockey star, Pavel Bure. By the end of the year, they were dating. In 2000, they were rumored to have got engaged after a reporter had spotted Bure proposing to her in Florida restaurant. This development grabbed a lot of attention as Anna had just turned 18 and she was 10 years younger than him. However, they denied these reports. In 2001, it was reported that they got married in Moscow. Bure would later confirm that they did get married in 2001 before divorcing in 2003. Anna and her representative again refuted reports of them having got married.
- Mark Philippoussis (2001) – In 2001, Mark Philippoussis’ former coach, Pat Cash’s autobiography, Anna briefly dated Australian tennis star. Cash alleged that she used to ask Mark to call her several times a day to tell her that she was beautiful.
- Enrique Iglesias (2001-Present) – In 2001, Anna started going out with Spanish pop star Enrique Iglesias. They had grown close while shooting for his music video, Escape. In 2003, it was rumored that they had tied the knot in a secret wedding ceremony. Anna has kept her relationship away from the spotlight. In fact, she first acknowledged their relationship in a 2010 interview about 8 years after the start of their relationship. In December 2017, Anna gave birth to twins, Nicholas and Lucy.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust -34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 33B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Kournikova success as a professional tennis player, especially in the doubles category, in which she managed to reach the top of the rankings. Being one of the most glamorous and popular female tennis players of her generation.
Anna was only 14 when she made her professional debut in the Fed Cup representing Russia and became the youngest player to participate and win the tournament.
In 2000, Anna first appeared in the comedy flick, Me, Myself & Irene in the role of a “Motel Manager”.
In 1997, Kournikova made her appearance in the talk show The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
Anna had a lucrative endorsement deal with sportswear giant, Adidas. As part of the deal, she appeared in a series of commercials for the brand. The other brands she has done promotional work for include Lycos search engine (TV commercial as well as print advert), K-Swiss athletic shoes and apparel (Print advert), Charles Schwab (TV commercial), Berlei’s Sports Bra & BMW.
Anna Kournikova Net worth
Anna Kournikova has an estimated net worth of $60 million dollars as of 2023. She owns a 6,630 square feet plush home in the beautiful Miami city of Florida that features seven king-sized bedrooms and eight luxurious bathrooms. She owns a metallic black Cadillac Escalade.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Anna Kournikova
- Instagram – annakournikova
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anna Kournikova
- Anna started her career at the age of 5 when she was gifted with a tennis racket.
- She was successful playing doubles, winning the Grand Slam titles (Australian Opne) twice in her career with her double partner Martina Hingis, but she wasn’t that successful in singles.
- In 1998, People magazine included her on the list of 50 Most Beautiful People.
- Kournikova’s professional tennis career ended prematurely at the age of 21 due to serious back and spinal problems, including a herniated disk.
- Her good looks and seductive onscreen persona helped her to attain great heights in modeling as well.
- In 1997, Anna became the second woman after Chris Evert to reach the semi-final stage of the debut Wimbledon Championship. But, she became the first youngest professional to reach semi-finals at the age of 15.
- She was awarded the WTA Newcomer of the Year in 1996 and the WTA Doubles Team of the Year along with her double partner Martina Hingis in 1999.
- Kournikova was named one of People’s 50 Most Beautiful People in 1998 and was voted hottest female athlete on ESPN.com.
- Anna has graced the covers of numerous publications such as Maxim, FHM and Sports illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
- In 2002, she also placed first in FHM’s 100 Sexiest Women in the World in US and UK editions.
- In May 2002, FHM Australia and FHM America declared her the sexiest woman in the world after conducting a poll.
- In May 2002, she was named FHM’s Most Sexiest Woman in the World after poll by American and Australian editions.
- In 2003, she debuted a tattoo of a sun on her lower back at the Australian open. In a bizarre interview, she denied it was a tattoo and claimed it was a heat patch used for back pain.
- In 2005 and 2011, the Maxim magazine had placed her on #29 and #19 respectively on the “Hot 100 list”.
- In 2008, Google announced that she was the most searched athlete on the Internet. The next year, she was down to the sixth spot before managing to rise to the third spot in 2010.
- In 2011, Men’s Health named her one of the 100 Hottest Women of All-Time, ranking her at No. 29.
- In October 2018, Anna’s long-time partner Enrique Iglesias claimed that their sex life had improved a lot after welcoming twins in December 2017.